Rich Nigerian Twitter giving out tips on how to bring servants to America

Henri Christophe

Son Of Afrika
Daps
Reppin
NYC / Royaume d'Haïti
Eventually they gone try to pull the same shyt on poor ADOS

People keep these things within their own group... Nobody is going after poor ADOS, bro relax :dead:

poor ADOS doesnt even need it.... they got social safety nets.

Its way easier to just get somebody from their home country looking to travel, make some money, or have a baby on American soil.

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
People keep these things within their own group... Nobody is going after poor ADOS, bro relax :dead:

poor ADOS doesnt even need it.... they got social safety nets.

Its way easier to just get somebody from their home country looking to travel, make some money, or have a baby on American soil.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

It would be nice if they give up the concept altogether though.

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
We had a ‘servant’ when I was growing up in Ghana. She was part of the family, went to school, ate with us etc and she definitely wasn’t abused. We were middle class but definitely not rich.

So, let me ask you this.

The people that end up becoming "servants", are they born into that type of labor due to caste, or is it purely economical and a necessity for a certain class to progress?

Hope I was clear in my question...

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Nothing wrong with having a nanny or maid if you can afford it
We used to have house servants in our country. Problem is they tend to be girls from poor families or the countryside/rural area. So they live with the families they work for. This situation facilitates their abuse often. Sexually but men in the house and mentally or physically by the women as they are often younger than the wife.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
So, let me ask you this.

The people that end up becoming "servants", are they born into that type of labor due to caste, or is it purely economical and a necessity for a certain class to progress?

Not many Africa places have a caste system at all (I know you only brought this up due to the links to slavery). It's just poor people taking shyt jobs. The only thing they are born into is poverty.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So, let me ask you this.

Ours was from a village and from a poor family. No way her family could afford education, food etc. By staying with us she got all that. Her job was basically cleaning the house, helping my mum with cooking, shopping etc. But we all did those jobs too so it wasn’t like we just sat around while she did everything. Also In Africa, it’s very common for poor people from villages to live with middle class families and get education and housing whilst providing domestic labour. There is no caste system; just rich, poor, middle class, etc.

Henri Christophe

Son Of Afrika
Daps
Reppin
NYC / Royaume d'Haïti
We had a ‘servant’ when I was growing up in Ghana. She was part of the family, went to school, ate with us etc and she definitely wasn’t abused. We were middle class but definitely not rich.

yeah, you gotta be careful with these stories.

"b-b-b-b-b-but what about this story I heard in Nigeria, you own SLAVES"

"b-b-b-b-b-but what about this story I heard in Haiti, you own SLAVES"

Every situation is not the same..... They make it seem like black people are the modern-day slave owners when thats not the case.

Some random a$$hole is not the representative for an entire culture or ethnic group.

I grew up with house "servants" in America but it was distant family members from impoverished backgrounds looking to have kids in America and make some money..... Now their kids are like adopted members of the family & they're all going to school in America.

I got 3 "adopted" siblings.

The black women suffering in the arab world tho? yeah I hate that shyt... African countries gotta get their shyt together so the women dont gotta migrate to arab countries and suffer under the rulership of those men.

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
Ours was from a village and from a poor family. No way her family could afford education, food etc. By staying with us she got all that. Her job was basically cleaning the house, helping my mum with cooking, shopping etc. But we all did those jobs too so it wasn’t like we just sat around while she did everything. Also In Africa, it’s very common for poor people from villages to live with middle class families and get education and housing whilst providing domestic labour. There is no caste system; just rich, poor, middle class, etc.

So basically it's like an apprenticeship system where a lower class person can live and work with upper class people, make a decent salary and pick up social information that they wouldn't have otherwise?

If that's the case, I don't have a problem with that.

It's needed, and something we probably do need to implement here.

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
Reminds me of this video: Around 34:12 - where the AA/AADOS/Black Americans speak on how they felt seeing servants in Ghana.

I remember seeing the servants in this video -- and making a thread about it. It was disturbing - but I now know it's looked upon differently and accepted in many countries -- including many in Africa. So, it's not my place to judge -- nor my business.

And $300 for a live-in made. Wow.

Last edited:

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
There’s nothing wrong with having a housekeeper, driver etc. nothing elitist about it.

Get a mansion and a few cars and see if you have time to upkeep them by yourself.

Add kids to that …

Add landscaping to that …

It baffles me that most people want to be rich but hate the things required when you’re rich …

Having helpers is not the issue, the issue is looking down on them, abusing them and generally treating them like shyt, which is the case many times.

Henri Christophe

Son Of Afrika
Daps
Reppin
NYC / Royaume d'Haïti
It would be nice if they give up the concept altogether though.

you say that from the comfort of a 1st world country.

maybe when black countries reach the level of 1st-world status, these things will slow down.

there are black people in 3rd world countries sleeping outside on trash and taking a shyt in plastic bags.

we're very blessed in our 1st world air-conditioned homes equipped with Wi-Fi and our German luxury cars and our new iPhones and our Amazon Prime and our brand new laptops.

unfortunately the family in the 3rd-world gotta make it happen by any means.