Roman Reigns Undisputed WWE Universal Champion Appreciation Thread (Acknowledge Your Tribal Chief)

drifter

Superstar
Daps
With the way they've built Cody if it's not him then who? They can't build anyone else up to this point because he's beaten everyone else, it's one of those where you only get one swing. Nobody else with the backstory, family history, etc is coming

At this point Cody has to win or anybody else challenging after feels flat

g-ice

aka #DiamondNightmare
Daps
Reppin
Bronx (Marble Hill), NY
With the way they've built Cody up if it's not him then who? They can't build anyone else up to this point because he's beaten everyone else, it's one of those where you only get one swing. Nobody else with the backstory, family history, etc is coming

Yeah Cody wins definitely but I would hold it until Summerslam imo

The story with Roman being by himself and being vulnerable leading up to a rematch with Cody could be good if done right.

drifter

Superstar
Daps
Yeah Cody wins definitely but I would hold it until Summerslam imo

The story with Roman being by himself and being vulnerable leading up to a rematch with Cody could be good if done right.
I'd have to see how Cody lost but it seems like a bad idea. You kill Cody a little because you won't get the emotion back up the same and winning at SS just doesn't mean as much. WM's supposed to be the ultimate payoff so anything lingering after it besides Roman's rematch for the belts would feel weird

g-ice

aka #DiamondNightmare
Daps
Reppin
Bronx (Marble Hill), NY
I'd have to see how Cody lost but it seems like a bad idea. You kill Cody a little because you won't get the emotion back up the same and winning at SS just doesn't mean as much. WM's supposed to be the ultimate payoff so anything lingering after it besides Roman's rematch for the belts would feel weird

Yeah true I get WM being the ultimate payoff. :ehh:

Well, we will see how things play out.

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS
With the way they've built Cody if it's not him then who? They can't build anyone else up to this point because he's beaten everyone else, it's one of those where you only get one swing. Nobody else with the backstory, family history, etc is coming

Gonna keep repeating myself. Jey Uso should be the one to finally beat Roman Reigns.

drifter

Superstar
Daps
Gonna keep repeating myself. Jey Uso should be the one to finally beat Roman Reigns.
Maybe if Cody wasn't around. He should still a play a major part in Roman being dethroned I agree, like we should look back and say from all the shyt Roman & Paul threw at him idk if Cody pulls it off if not for Jey etc. But he can't be the one to have Roman's shoulders flat, we're past that point now

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS
Maybe if Cody wasn't around. He should still a play a major part in Roman being dethroned I agree, like we should look back and say from all the shyt Roman & Paul threw at him idk if Cody pulls it off if not for Jey etc. But he can't be the one to have Roman's shoulders flat, we're past that point now
Jey Uso should be the one to pin Roman Reigns, not Cody Rhodes.
:camby:

OneDeep

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans

With the way they been currently booking Cody idk:patrice:

drifter

Superstar
Daps
With the way they been currently booking Cody idk:patrice:
I don't see any issues with the booking. They're fleshing out the story even further and building tension between Heyman and him rn obviously so Brandi can get involved in some way. Which adds another factor on top of Jey, Jimmy, Solo, Sami & KO, Paul. There's so many twists and turns.

This doesn't explain how we're past the point of Jey Uso being the one to pin Reigns. This all started with Jey and Roman. I don't give a damn about Cody and his moment. He can wait another year.
:camby:
You might not care about the moment but numbers say way more people do than not

RegB

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wanna see how Cody does going toe to toe in a promo with Rock, Cena, etc before I’m confident that he’s THE guy to beat Roman and take on cena’s torch to become the next face of WWE.. I just don’t see him having the chops and charisma to host the espys, do appearances on the today show, etc right now :yeshrug:..

And that’s not a knock on Cody by the way, even the tribal chief got got by cena in a promo 2 years ago, but roman was just the top heel while they’re positioning Cody to become the baby-kissing, make a wish granting ambassador of the whole company..

Speaking of being the face of the company, remember heel authority Orton back in like 2013 who was on that tip? If he were to come back, he would be the perfect person for Cody to take the title off of considering the gimmick and their history with legacy..

g-ice

aka #DiamondNightmare
Daps
Reppin
Bronx (Marble Hill), NY
I wanna see how Cody does going toe to toe in a promo with Rock, Cena, etc before I’m confident that he’s THE guy to beat Roman and take on cena’s torch to become the next face of WWE.. I just don’t see him having the chops and charisma to host the espys, do appearances on the today show, etc right now :yeshrug:..

And that’s not a knock on Cody by the way, even the tribal chief got got by cena in a promo 2 years ago, but roman was just the top heel while they’re positioning Cody to become the baby-kissing, make a wish granting ambassador of the whole company..

Speaking of being the face of the company, remember heel authority Orton back in like 2013 who was on that tip? If he were to come back, he would be the perfect person for Cody to take the title off of considering the gimmick and their history with legacy..

Cody and Orton writes itself. That feud will be heat rocks if Orton is heeling it up.