San Francisco has the bummiest black people I've ever seen

King of Creampies

Hop in. You coming too!
Daps
Reppin
Wild Hunt
shyt is surreal walking downtown where I now work. You'd think there no black people with decent jobs and housing in this city. Homeless black people EVERYWHERE. Like 50% of the homeless. Easily.

They got nikkas outcheah literally tap dancing and shining shoes for dollars. Nikkas on every corner asking me for .23 cents.:sadcam: Not a good look brehs.

How do fukk did it even get to this? How the fukk does a city with less than 6% black people have tons of black poor and homeless everywhere?:dahell:

I need Ja Rule to make sense of this. Where's Ja? :damn:

Nah, but seriously I'm not gonna lie the shyt was low-key embarrasing. Haven't been to many major US cities besides LA, but I damn sure hope this ain't the norm.

Where in downtown are you working that you are seeing such a mass of black homeless?

What are the cross streets?

Nikki_04

All Star
Daps
What happened :feedme:
this is from wiki:

The Fillmore District is a historical neighborhood in San Francisco located to the southwest of Nob Hill, west of Market Street and north of the Mission District.[4] It has been given various nicknames such as “the Moe” or “the Fill”.[4] The Fillmore District began to rise to prominence after the 1906 San Francisco earthquake. As a result of not being affected by the earthquake itself nor the large fires that ensued, it quickly became one of the major commercial and cultural centers of the city.[4]

After the earthquake, the district experienced a large influx of diverse ethnic populations. It began to house large numbers of African Americans, Japanese and Jews. Each group significantly contributed to the local culture and earned the Fillmore district a reputation for being "One of the most diverse neighborhoods in San Francisco".[5] In particular, the district was known for having the largest jazz scene on the west coast of the United States up until its decline in the 1970s. A large Japantown was also historically located in the Fillmore District although technically it does not lie within the borders of the district today.[4][6]

During the late 1960s and 1970s, the Fillmore District underwent a large-scale redevelopment. This has largely led to a decline of the jazz scene in the area. However, many people have claimed that jazz in the district has made a large rebound in recent years.[6] Even today, the redevelopment of the Fillmore remains a controversial issue. Many of the people who were forced to move from the district say that redevelopment was a "Negro Removal" and a product of racism.[7] The city planners claim redevelopment was a way to combat the extremely high rates of crime in the area and to reinvigorate the local economy.[7][8]

Although it says this all happened in the 70s, the removal of black people from the Fillmore has continued to happen in recent decades...it's now a shell of what it used to be.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Never been to SF but from pictures and what I hear about the gentrification there it seems like a bum ass city
If I was forced to live in the bay I’d only live in Oakland at least there’s black people there

Daps
its also one of the many cities across America.. say, Vegas has a homeless problem.. they put homless people on a one-way bus to cities like SF, San Diego, Seattle, etc..

alot of times, homeless people just bounce from city-to-city like that.. sh!ts honestly, sad.. not to mention, majority of Americans are 1-2 paychecks away from being homeless..

Gusto

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Never been to SF but from pictures and what I hear about the gentrification there it seems like a bum ass city
If I was forced to live in the bay I’d only live in Oakland at least there’s black people there

Richmond and South Berkeley are black too

YakSpiller

Superstar
Daps
I went to school and worked in SF for almost 10 years. shyt was depressing sometimes:mjcry:

And that city changed a lot over those 10 years.

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
Ive never been to the WC...so I gotta ask...

Isn't Oakland right next to SF? I heard about these crazy rents in SF and ridiculous commutes...so wouldn't it be easier and cheaper to just live in Oakland and commute to SF for work? Or is Oakland too hood and expensive af too?

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
Couldn’t imagine being around so many homeless people. It would be severely depressing.

Didn’t the mayor of San Francisco (London Breed) promise to build more affordable housing?

Nintendough

#Kliq
Daps
Reppin
Eagles, Canes, Kliq, Sixers
San Fran used to be a cool city too. Gentrification ruined it all. Nikkas need to buy up suburban property while the burbs are uncool to live in. Once these yuppy cacs get tired of the city life and wanna move back to the burbs again we will already own the land. The vacuum effect left in the city will turn the Soho and whatever else nicknames they got back k to the hood again. They can keep it.