Settle this debate for me. Was Cam'ron ever a superstar?

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Topic came up on Twitter. I got cats who weren't in NYC or from here telling me no.

I argue yes. '01-'04 Cam was a superstar. Sales wise, he went plat on CHWM, plat on DI 1, and gold on PH, but his impact on the culture was undeniable.
Yes he was I remember being out to dinner with some girls at his height of fame and I was making fun of his pink fascination calling him gay and out of nowhere a white girl goes I'd let Cam put it in my ass... Room went silent. I got the point. Like :damn:

Most of the dipset stans on hamster aka the movement were White Canadians fact! Cam was huge here... Same level as 50 or Wayne.

b_roll_ya

Banned
Daps
den u should already know dipset had shyt on lock in the nati
im from the nati
dats all nikkaz was listening to
dipset byrd gang, purple city, taliban
but i jus seen the stat wen u say u 32 so i get it
u a old ass nikka

TheRtist

Superstar
Daps
Nope. He was never a crossover/Top 40 artist. To be a superstar you gotta have those crossover hits. Cam only has one (Oh Boy) the true superstars in the rap game have serveral.

/thread

if you knew hiphop you knew Cam, people who dont know hiphop probably know him as that "Oh Boy" guy and maybe that guy that was on Mariah's song or that guy who was rude on the phone with 50 Cent. It stops there tho.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Wu-Tang Clan are international icons... That's how you're trolling. Either you dont get out too much or you're trolling

Yeah they are international icons...Still doesn't mean cats were really listening to them...Their international more so because others were listening to them asians for example.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
den u should already know dipset had shyt on lock in the nati
im from the nati
dats all nikkaz was listening to
dipset byrd gang, purple city, taliban
but i jus seen the stat wen u say u 32 so i get it
u a old ass nikka

That's what I'm getting at. Cats knew dipset...But wasn't nobody bumping no Wu-Tang and I'm from Bond Hill and Winton Terrace and I'm telling you not one of my partners ever bumped no Wu...But these dudes ain't trying to hear me.

Note: I was talking about no one was listening to Wu-Tang in my area.

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
What if I told you I can't stand WU-Tang group albums and the only members I like were Ghostface, Rakwon, Method man and that I didn't hear any one playing WU Tang until I was grown and it was a white dude playing it?

Than i would tell you that you're a clown and you tried to throw that white boy sh!t in there to get a few daps from the resident Wu haters. Negged b!tch.

AlldayNE

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah they are international icons...Still doesn't mean cats were really listening to them...Their international more so because others were listening to them asians for example.

Bet you when they tour the US they sell out. International means here too you know.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Bet you when they tour the US they sell out. International means here too you know.

But looks whose in the crowd. Don't be mad because alot of brehs ain't feeling Wu-Tang...Keep that stuff over there. Ya'll like it thats cool. But that doesn't mean everybody does.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Than i would tell you that you're a clown and you tried to throw that white boy sh!t in there to get a few daps from the resident Wu haters. Negged b!tch.

Wonder why they hate Wu? Oh they probally don't listen to the crap. Name some of their cuts.

b_roll_ya

Banned
Daps
That's what I'm getting at. Cats knew dipset...But wasn't nobody bumping no Wu-Tang and I'm from Bond Hill and Winton Terrace and I'm telling you not one of my partners ever bumped no Wu...But these dudes ain't trying to hear me.

Note: I was talking about no one was listening to Wu-Tang in my area.
u right, aint nobody bump wu tang like dat
but i did.
cincinnati dont care bout nikkaz lyrical abilities, they just care bout the beats and shot em up bang bang lyrics
nikkaz aint really fukk wit jay z til they heard hard knock life wit the annie sample and the beat, den nikkaz wanna bump him after i been told nikkaz bout jay z....

but anyway dipset was heavy in the streets and still is to the loyal fans and im from dtw

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Had to neg those two f@ggots @KF. and @NatiboyB and @Lewis Black (hate it had to be you) for the trolling. :laff: at this unimaginative clown Nati quick to bring up the whiteboy and asian cliche because he couldn't formulate an argument that Wu aren't/were superstars...which they were. Saying they weren't/are is just you exposing yourself as a misinformed crack baby or troll. Either or. Or both.

Last edited: