Shaq on why his Daughters can stay home as ‘long as they want’ but Sons to GTFO at 18

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
Brehs please break this nonsense in our communities.

We preach generational wealth but at the same time count down the days to kick our kids out prematurely so they can struggle and fukk up their credit early like we did.

Its ass backwards.

Get a big enough crib where your babies can stay as long as they need to.

Mine can’t leave until they’ve graduated from college, have a career, have enough saved up for a home down payment and their credit has to be above 750.

We serious about this shyt over here.

High Art

👑King of The Salon👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself and my own.
Overall it's understandable.

That "I like my girls a little better" part might come back to haunt him one day though.
This. I've literally have seen this shyt many times and it is always terrible because it ALWAYS comes back to bite these fathers, one way or the other.

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
This. I've literally have seen this shyt many times and it is always terrible because it ALWAYS comes back to bite these fathers, one way or the other.

Facts.

It’s tough because we’re raised to treat our daughters like princesses but at the same time it’s your job to make sure they’re really prepared for this cutthroat world you bought them into.

old_timer

Taxi Squad
Daps
Pretty sure some of you talk about chasing trannies and live off a monthly check

Then you come into a thread and try to talk about how you and your wife want to raise your sons to be real men

Kind of like how some of you were on here posting up a frenzy last night
But sometime next week ill see one of you talking about going to a wild party last Friday night

As if all the plagiarism and running multiple accounts weren't bad enough
It's just sickening :scust: not even kidding, some of you need help

Fanservice

Bih call me senpai
Daps
I wish my parents kicked me out when I was 18. They wanted me to stay and help them “get caught up”. Y’all had your whole lives to get caught up. Inherit poverty, brehs :francis:

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
U.S seems to be the only culture where that kicking kids out at 18 comes off as normal

so many other cultures you stay til you’re married and they are able to stack paper and cop cribs cash
Had to rep. shyt is dumb. Credit card companies get to eat, though.

I wouldn't have as big a beef but the parents are more worried about school education and give little to no financial education.

Financial education is damn near more important these days. With online degrees anybody can get a school education now.

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
U.S seems to be the only culture where that kicking kids out at 18 comes off as normal

so many other cultures you stay til you’re married and they are able to stack paper and cop cribs cash
The problem with a lot of black households is that the parent(s) will expect the child to cover the vast majority of the bills if they're allowed to remain at home while having a good job.

They'll try and guilt trip you into looking after them since they raised you for 18 years. That's one of the reasons why I stopped calling my mom. I joined the military, and she thought I had hit the fukking jackpot. Calling every month for $250 and shyt when I was an E-1 making $550 a check.

Had the nerve to "hmph" when I told her no, and then she hung up the phone immediately.

Spence

Superstar
Daps
I wouldn’t have succeeded at life if my parents didn’t boot me out the nest at 18. They were softer on my younger sister and she’s still at home but now with her 2 kids and husband at age 36 :francis:

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
The problem is saying he loves his sons less.

Why is there this tendency to ignore issues and twist shyt until it matches your sensibilities.

Regardless of resources available, how would you react to your dad treating you harsher than your sisters because he loves you less, and then trying to justify why he loves you less.

Exactly. Terrible parenting. Black Men already have all kinds of thing to deal with in the West to handle and now your own father is saying he likes you less than your sister and is basically waiting for you to get the f out of his house. And then people act surprised than BM end up having various issues.