Should Afro Latinos and their achievements be included in Black History Month?

Superstar
Daps
why them? i'm sure jamaicans are the second group of blacks with the most accomplishments in the country. i can't think of much afro-latinos have done that was significant or record breaking. that isn't a diss. i'm sure many came over after civil rights movement

K.Dot

African American
Daps
Reppin
Bro 'nem
Only if they identify as Black and not only for their benefit. Like many do.

Reminds me of Tumblr and how a lot of Afro Dominicans want to participate in Blackout but usually hate being called Black.:mjlol:
You not AA either

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Holy fukk.

Some of you manage to stay creating bullshyt controversies where none exists.

:what:

This is what happens when folks don't know history. For example someone like Roberto Clemente has always been included when it discussing black history month.

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps
I think it should only be for people who are descendants of American slaves. So it shouldn't include Afro-Caribbean people, Africans etc.

MikeyC

The Coli Royal Rumble Champion 2019
Daps
Reppin
London
If they're black and a high achiever, they should be celebrated, regardless of their nationality.

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
They don't roll with AA's, they rejected us. You can't run to us after being rejected by the cactinos :martin::camby:. That's they own fault. Haitians and west Africans been black from the jump. They always embraced it.
I totally understand.
I just feel bad for proud Afro Latinos especially for Afro Brazilians.

Seu Jorge and Abdias do Nascimento are just a few of notable Afro Brazilian Activist. I think their efforts should be recognize. If they can create an Afro Latino History Month then fine but if not I do think we should include them. No one else is going to do it and that will just continue to diminish an already marginalized Afro populations influence and experience in Latin America.