Should Afro Latinos and their achievements be included in Black History Month?

DarrynCobretti

Fresh out the bed, count up the dead
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
All this drip on me
Child please. I'm AA. I have being reading and doing research on Afro Latinos and their history.

Just becuase Latino bigots don't want to acknowledge it doesn't mean
we should erase and igonore all of Africa from Latin America.
Ayo g chill out with the patronizing, unnecessarily zesty "child please".

Anyway man, let's keep it all the way 100...BHM is and will always be primarily about uplifting African-American achievement, unity and black excellence (that's tangentially related to our country and our people's history). I don't have a problem with recognizing and celebrating Caribbean or African historical figures who were in the trenches with us or positively impacted our movement here in the US, because the black people of those various cultures for the most part embrace or respect us as their brothers/sisters and more importantly are unapologetically black like us, unlike many Hispanics.

Last edited:

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
This thread is made every year :skip:
Black history month is for African Americans but since non AA black groups are hardly recognized they get included

skeetsinternal

I never see my nut
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cervixes
Black people from the modern day Caribbean Islands. No all of the Caribbean is black. Is it majority black yes. But I don't count Puerto Rico as Majority Black island.
I know the difference. I was correcting you on the use of the label Caribbean. I'm saying the black folks of Caribbean islands are black. Them other folks living in the Caribbean islands is something else. I know bout Puerto Rico, Cuba and Dominican republic, they have their own parades separate from the majority black islands.

skeetsinternal

I never see my nut
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cervixes
You shouldn't be included either. You're Jamaican.
Wtf...I'm still black dumb ass. Marcus Garvey Jamaican and part of black history. There would be no hip hop without a Jamaican but hip hop is black history. Usain Bolt the fastest man ever is Jamaican. Wtf you talking bout mynikka?

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
I know the difference. I was correcting you on the use of the label Caribbean. I'm saying the black folks of Caribbean islands are black. Them other folks living in the Caribbean islands is something else. I know bout Puerto Rico, Cuba and Dominican republic, they have their own parades separate from the majority black islands.
I never said they weren't. Geographically they are in the carribean. That is what I'm meant. How else would I identity black people there? My list doesn't include non black Caribbeans. I don't understand your point.
So black people in the carribean celebrate black history month? Is that what you are saying?

BrokePhiBroke

Superstar
Daps
There y'all go tryna include everybody in our shyt again.

Half of y'all don't even know the black investors well enough but you wanna include some over the seas shyt in. Black history month is for the blacks in America.

It's like y'all see black skin and get giddy thinking everyone is apart of it. I know Mexicans as dark as some people in my family...yet they not in some kumbiya stuff...damn.

skeetsinternal

I never see my nut
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cervixes
Fwiw I don't have a problem with my African and Carribean brothers wanting to be included in Black History Month, because for the most part even if some of them(mainly the older generations because the younger generations fukk with us heavy) are on that AA-hating tip...in general they still respect their blackness and AAs blackness at the end of the day.:salute:
So it's all good, with honoring their achievements but them mi no black papi headass Latino nikkas
full
on the other hand....only get half a bar.:camby:
How you be feeling when them latino mfers come at you with "sup mynikka "or having the n word come out their mouth?

badtguy

Superstar
Daps
This thread is made every year :skip:
Black history month is for African Americans but since non AA black groups are hardly recognized they get included

That goes back to who is African American

Because Barack Dad, Farrakhan too, and i'm sure they'll be celebrated in the future.

more over- Black hispanics likes Antonio Fargas John Carlos are DEFINITELY edged into black history in America