Should Afro Latinos and their achievements be included in Black History Month?

Regine Hunter

Captain Fupa
Supporter
Daps
IMO, yes.
I feel it should include all Africans in the diaspora who consider themselves black.

-----

This account was for entertainment purposes only.
Daps
Reppin
Paradise
without any qualifiers this statement is false

:rudy: Black people been toasting and rapping since slavery.

Hustlers rapped since forever. A few Jamaicans or Bajans here and there won't change that. Period.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
:rudy: Black people been toasting and rapping since slavery.

Hustlers rapped since forever. A few Jamaicans or Bajans here and there won't change that. Period.

I said nothing about rapping. I said with out qualifiers, the statement that Jamaicans have minimal contributions to hip hop is false.

boriquaking

In Sauce We Trust!
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Big Gete Star
No. YOU have yours and WE have ours.
its Black History.

So what, Jamaica, Haiti, Cuba, Dominican Republic, etc can go kick rocks?

New Orleans got plenty of AA whos parents immigrated from Haiti, like im not sure wht you're saying?

So a black person from Jamaica gets more love than a black person from Cuba this month?

Yall make no goddamn sense :mindblown:

Like yall came from the same CONTINENT!

And i understand that i'm puerto rican and my black blood is thin but, meanwhile there are black people all over the world being treated bad still today in 2016.

People getting killed.

It shouldnt be just about Americans from our past, it should be about all blacks from everywhere.

-----

Daps
Reppin
Paradise
I said nothing about rapping. I said with out qualifiers, the statement that Jamaicans have minimal contributions to hip hop is false.

Jamaicans live in Jamaica. Some Jamaican Americans have contributed to hip hop.But BY AND LARGE hip hop is an African-American creation.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Jamaicans live in Jamaica. Some Jamaican Americans have contributed to hip hop.But BY AND LARGE hip hop is an African-American creation.
So you agree this statement is false right:
"Jamaicans involvement in hip hop is minimal at beSt"

-----

Daps
Reppin
Paradise
its Black History.

So what, Jamaica, Haiti, Cuba, Dominican Republic, etc can go kick rocks?

New Orleans got plenty of AA whos parents immigrated from Haiti, like im not sure wht you're saying?

So a black person from Jamaica gets more love than a black person from Cuba this month?

Yall make no goddamn sense :mindblown:

Like yall came from the same CONTINENT!

And i understand that i'm puerto rican and my black blood is thin but, meanwhile there are black people all over the world being treated bad still today in 2016.

People getting killed.

It shouldnt be just about Americans from our past, it should be about all blacks from everywhere.

Being 20% black 80% Iberian don't make you black and don't make us brothers.:martin:

YOU ARE LATINOS. Be that and keep it pushing.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Folks like Arturo Schomburg, Roberto Clemente, Sonia Sanchez, Felipe Luciano who celebrated and embrace their Blackness and builted with AA's , should be.