Should Afro Latinos and their achievements be included in Black History Month?

(Lean Ambrose)

" Your all going to diiiiiie, pew pew pew"
Daps
Reppin
Go fukk yourself, Midwest
@GreatestLaker
this is the second time in this thread you been asked that why so silent now? you wave around being half white like a badge of honor soo....:sas2:
Deadass fam...
This dude is in every fukking biracial thread arguing "b b but we're mixed!" I agree with him by the way but he's in here like he has say so on this topic...
I've peeped dudes steelo along time ago... :sas1:
He definitely puffs his chest out on the fact that he's a mutt and I see the :mjpls: shyt he daps in those discussions...

boriquaking

In Sauce We Trust!
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Big Gete Star
You the homie but let me ask you this fam...
Why do you say that and what do YOU identify as?...
I'm puerto rican, i traced my fathers side to Portugal. My mothers side is all muddled together between whoever got brought over on ships and whatever taino indians were left by that point. (they're all dark skin).

I'm not going to sit here and dimish or belittle the african american fight. And i could never sit and pretend to know what its like for anyone here where they live at.

With that being said, i'm all about unity first and foremost. I understand a huge portion of the latino population all over loves to kiss that white man ass.

Those same people will be the ones who refer to AA as "Morenos", etc, other terms to try to disregard AA's, (and they have other words for other people)

I undersand latinos are super prideful to a fault. And it regularly crosses the line into blatant cockyness that needs to be checked.

I know AA's from puerto rico though who got treated like shyt for their skin color, relatives even.

I'm all about unity for now because regardless what history and circumstance have done to us, we're losing.

AA's, latinos, chinese, middle eastern, we're all losing.

And maybe including black latinos now in things like black history will remind us later we're not so different.

Last edited:

Pit Bull

GATOR
Daps
Reppin
Crenshaw Mafia
Wtf...I'm still black dumb ass. Marcus Garvey Jamaican and part of black history. There would be no hip hop without a Jamaican but hip hop is black history. Usain Bolt the fastest man ever is Jamaican. Wtf you talking bout mynikka?
Y'all nikkas REALLY have to stop with this misinformation and blatant lie. Y'all nikkas got AAs believing this shyt.

skeetsinternal

I never see my nut
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cervixes
Y'all nikkas REALLY have to stop with this misinformation and blatant lie. Y'all nikkas got AAs believing this shyt.
How so...no one has provided me links or information on this so called lie. MC-ing/DJ-ing derived from the Jamaican DJ form of Toasting. NO African American was doing the shyt DJ cool herc was doing back in the Bronx. Wtf you talking about

Caprisun

All Star
Daps

Wear My Dawg's Hat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land That Time Forgot
What about Arturo Schomburg?

He created Harlem's The Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture.

MAAP_Schomberg_Then_274.jpg

Arturo Alfonso Schomburg, also Arthur Schomburg (January 24, 1874 – June 8, 1938), was a historian, writer, and activist. Schomburg was a Puerto Rican of African and German descent who moved to the United States and researched and raised awareness of the great contributions that Afro-Latin Americans and Afro-Americans have made to society. He was an important intellectual figure in the Harlem Renaissance. Over the years, he collected literature, art, slave narratives, and other materials of African history, which was purchased to become the basis of the Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture, named in his honor, at the New York Public Library (NYPL) branch in Harlem.

Wear My Dawg's Hat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land That Time Forgot
We tend to use the term "Black" in two forms: racially and ethnically.

When we celebrate Black History Month, are we celebrating "Black" as a race of people (our folks throughout
the African Diaspora) or the ethnic group term "Black" (meaning Black Americans of Southern heritage,
as opposed to Jamaicans, Puerto Ricans, Haitians, Nigerians, etc.)?