Should Trans-Atlantic Slavery be treated the same way as the Holocaust?

Seoul Gleou

Veteran
Daps
In contemporary discussions, the two are often not compared with each other because of the distance in time between the two. I think this is probably due to recency bias.

But should Trans Atlantic Slavery, the largest forced migration of humans ever, be treated the same way, in contemporary discussions, as the Holocaust?

Should there be slavery museums, slavery memorials, etc? What can be done to ensure Slavery is taken as seriously as the Holocaust?

Seoul Gleou

Veteran
Daps
There already are those OP; Humanity has a lot of really ugly moments.....I think its tasteless to compare and rank them honestly. Is this a bait thread?
Did I ask if they should be compared and/or ranked?

I asked if they should be treated the same and even acknowledged why they aren't compared. Did you read past the title?

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Did I ask if they should be compared and/or ranked?

I asked if they should be treated the same and even acknowledged why they aren't compared. Did you read past the title?

Yes I did; and that's how I interpreted it. You're asking if they should "be treated the same." Slavery museums/memorials already exist. They already have the same for the holocaust. Are you not American or something? What possible responses are you looking for?

"NO THEY SHOULDNT BE THE SAME....BECAUSE X IS WORSE THAN Y"

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
But...there are slavery museums and memorials.

They're certainly both viewed as two of the greatest atrocities in modern history and should be treated the same. Obviously the big difference is the Holocaust was much more recent. I've been in classes with people whose grandparents were killed in the Holocaust.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
In contemporary discussions, the two are often not compared with each other because of the distance in time between the two. I think this is probably due to recency bias.

But should Trans Atlantic Slavery, the largest forced migration of humans ever, be treated the same way, in contemporary discussions, as the Holocaust?

Should there be slavery museums, slavery memorials, etc? What can be done to ensure Slavery is taken as seriously as the Holocaust?

Yes. Because the repercussions of the slave trade exist even today. The amount of death (look up slavery in Brazil) due to the capturing, transiting, and forced labor of enslaved Africans was brutal, numerous, and as you know avoidable.

The reason why the Holocaust is taken seriously in, especially in Europe, is because of 2 things: all of Europe suffered due to that bigotry and Jewish people don't let people and more importantly themselves forget at all. It also helps that they have built economic capitals across the world and have their own country which gets billions in foreign aid and military aid.

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Daps

:childplease: