Should Trans-Atlantic Slavery be treated the same way as the Holocaust?

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
The big difference is the Holocaust involved white Europeans and slavery involved black people. Furthermore, black people were getting bombed, lynched, etc before and after the Holocaust right here in America post slavery.
To be fair, Jews been killed and persecuted for years and were not considered "white" for most of that time. They certainly benefit from looking/being "white" today but that's a pretty modern concept of whiteness. Nazi Germany didn't consider Jews to be white. Nor did Nazi Germany view themselves as "white" - they viewed themselves as the Aryan race, or Nordic people. They considered English, French, and Scandinavians to technically be Aryan but then added bloodlines in to say if you aren't German you aren't a true Aryan and can be exterminated. And of course they considered everyone else (Jews, gypsies, blacks, Poles, Slavs ie Russians, Asians etc) to be sub-human.

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
The trans Atlantic slave trade was worst not only because of the immediate human violations abuse and mistreatment at that time but the subsequent human violations that followed that still has it remnants up til today from the kkk burning down close to 1000 black towns and villages after the compromise of 1877, Jim crow, the lynching, redlining, gerrymandering and redistricting, being looked over during the new deal, not being privy to the g.i bill and other set asides, slum lords and Jim crow of the North, failed urban renewal projects, racism in voting and housing, racism in academia up until now with police abuse and misconduct and home owner groups continuing redlining. Much more

On top of all this the jews have enjoyed many forms of restorative justice in the form of land and reparations while we just sitting here in the west thinking if we try a new name to call ourselves massa will give us sleep and eats.

Dad

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Yes I did; and that's how I interpreted it. You're asking if they should "be treated the same." Slavery museums/memorials already exist. They already have the same for the holocaust. Are you not American or something? What possible responses are you looking for?

"NO THEY SHOULDNT BE THE SAME....BECAUSE X IS WORSE THAN Y"
:mjpls:

A Pimp Named Slickback

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Woodcrest
Slavery was way worse. Jim Crow was one of the blueprints for the laws and practices of Nazi Germany. The Holocaust didn't last more than 20 years let alone 200. And survivors and descendants got reparations

Only reason it's not viewed as worse on a nationwide scale is because they had white skin

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Daps
So that begs the question...Was Whoopi Goldberg right? Was the Holocaust not about race? Would white people care as much about it if it was black people?

The concept of race is dependent on your local context. Nazi Germans viewed Jews, Roma, and Slavs as racially different (and inferior)

A Pimp Named Slickback

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Woodcrest
If there was a Nazi-esque Holocaust in South Africa, cacs wouldn't care. Would we even have an "African Holocaust" museum here in America?

If I get banned for telling the truth then
:yeshrug:

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
But...there are slavery museums and memorials.

They're certainly both viewed as two of the greatest atrocities in modern history and should be treated the same. Obviously the big difference is the Holocaust was much more recent. I've been in classes with people whose grandparents were killed in the Holocaust.
You’ve probably been to class with people whose grandparents were slaves too, technically slavery in this country has still been going on here while the holocaust ended at the very least. So the whole recency bias is kind of deft to me. (Idk if I used deft correctly I’m just guessing)

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Daps
There already are those OP; Humanity has a lot of really ugly moments.....I think its tasteless to compare and rank them honestly. Is this a bait thread?

Uh oh we have an upset CAC in the room :mjlol:

Seoul Gleou

Veteran
Daps
You’ve probably been to class with people whose grandparents were slaves too, technically slavery in this country has still been going on here while the holocaust ended at the very least. So the whole recency bias is kind of deft to me. (Idk if I used deft correctly I’m just guessing)
daft

If there was a Nazi-esque Holocaust in South Africa, cacs wouldn't care. Would we even have an "African Holocaust" museum here in America?

If I get banned for telling the truth then
:yeshrug:
why would you be banned for that lol