Since we talking about GOAT performers lately... lets talk about the GOAT performance in general...

zayk35

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Escondido California

100.000 people in attendance

100 million watching around the world

1 guy by performing mostly by himself on stage, in a thunderstorm

4 electric guitars... did it like it was nothing. Like he been doing it for 30 years

:wow:

Full set:

I knew it would be this and I still think it was his best performance I ever saw....but every one who I know who was lucky enough to see him live says that was nothing compared to the 80s....

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Underdeveloped Minds Research Institute
Another breh who doesn't get the respect he deserves as a performer is Roger Troutman. On a good day, he could give Prince a run for his money.

:wow: at that intro with the machine gun guitar.

Beyonce is great. Arguably the best entertainer in the current era.

But, let's not get too ahead of ourselves. We had legends such as Prince, Funkadelic, Roger Troutman and many others putting on legendary shows before the social media era.

Last edited:

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
3436415f454b36ae80bb672b96ae2bd1.gif

HonoredOne

Back on hiatus
Supporter
Daps
Only person ever fukkin with Prince was MJ... and thats subjective.

Thats no disrespect to other legends either

But nobody was doing shyt like that. Maybe Hendrix

MJ had him on popular songs and hit songs, dances, and probably actually singing, but skill wise Prince crushed him with the ability to do anything.

He played piano just as good as guitar. Guitar was just his shyt. Dude was like a mythical figure in entertainment

Agreed. Prince is definitely the GOAT performer with MJ right there. I feel like a lot of people don’t realize Prince’s career didn’t end till he died, he was still doing tours killing it going above and beyond for fans live.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Nah This is the Goat performance and got twice as many views as the Prince clip

:blessed:

This.

Close the thread.

The threadstsrter and any choice not this is completely fukk'n wrong.

Mod lock the thread and delete all the messages after the quoted post even mine. There should be no fukk'n discussion on this.
nikka created the draw for everything we do now in one performance.
literally brought out of of the dark ages of cac dom on tv, radio and film in one performance.

Art Barr

Last edited:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

100.000 people in attendance

100 million watching around the world

1 guy by performing mostly by himself on stage, in a thunderstorm

4 electric guitars... did it like it was nothing. Like he been doing it for 30 years

:wow:

Full set:

Wrong.

Also, prince was not seeing mike either.
So let's not even play the game and keep it real.

Art Barr

Last edited:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth

Wrong.

Also, prince was not seeing mike either.
So let's not even play the game and keep it real.

Art Barr
It’s almost like as soon as you see a certain posters name in your alerts you already know he coming with some hating dumb shyt:mjlol:

Nobody playing any games with you guy, keep it pushing

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
It’s almost like as soon as you see a certain posters name in your alerts you already know he coming with some hating dumb shyt:mjlol:

Yeah, your L you took is automatic.

First off mike's performance is the single greatest thing in actual all of tv's, cable and small box fikm whole entire history in the past and to come.

So you lost just off that alone.

Like I said this thread stoopid and you must not be old enough. As real talk,...if you ain't seen it you don't know and if you don't know wtf that mike performance is in relevent history. Then you do not know wtf you talembout at all.

Like you nobody in yo whole life face ass nikkaz be so wrong.
Then be trying to talk to real actualized people for real in this shyt.
Like you know,...nikka you don't know and stfu and stop trying to front and slight those who do.

nikka gon post prince and call it the greatest...
nikka you sound all time dumb as hell.

Art Barr

HonoredOne

Back on hiatus
Supporter
Daps

Dudes be getting hella emotional in these types of threads.

Like this clown @DipsetUnit who inboxed me a huge rage filled paragraph cause of my post in the Beyoncé thread. :russ:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Dudes be getting hella emotional in these types of threads.

Like this clown @DipsetUnit who inboxed me a huge rage filled paragraph cause of my post in the Beyoncé thread. :russ:
And I bet that as soon as I respond dude is going to hit me with a long ass paragraph/soliloquy or some shyt...

Im not even gonna read or respond :mjlol:

HonoredOne

Back on hiatus
Supporter
Daps
And I bet that as soon as I respond dude is going to hit me with a long ass paragraph/soliloquy or some shyt...

Im not even gonna read or respond :mjlol:

Right on time :wow:

@Art Barr Put some respeck on Prince’s name, this a Prince appreciation thread now.

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
James Brown first televised performance.

Backstory: Jb worked the Chitlin circuit for years and was always the finale. First tv appearance and Mick Jagger of the Rolling Stones decided they go last. Everyone knew who the baddest muthafukka was in the building but cuz Rolling Stones are white the organizers roll with it. James knew it was his first time on TV and super pissed about the Rolling Stones going last. He went on that stage with a chip on his shoulder. Mick Jagger went on to say going after JB was the worst decision of his life

No pyrotechnics, no props or gimmicks. Just JB and his boys rocking out. The greatest live performer of all time

Last edited:

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
James Brown first televised performance.

Backstory: Jb worked the Chitlin circuit for years and was always the finale. First tv appearance and Mick Jagger of the Rolling Stones decided they go last. Everyone knew who the baddest muthafukka was in the building but cuz Rolling Stones are white the organizers roll with it. James knew it was his first time on TV and super pissed about the Rolling Stones going last. He went on that stage with a chip on his shoulder. Mick Jagger went on to say going after JB was the worst decision of his life

No pyrotechnics, no props or gimmicks. Just JB and his boys rocking out. The greatest live performer of all time

There's an interesting documentary on Netflix about James Brown's life that covers this. Basically Mick Jagger explained that for each set, they was a 1 hour wait or so, in which time they would bus in an entirely new audience, props etc so going on last didn't matter. He said he tried to explain it to James but James didn't care. James was straight alpha. Plus the folks watching TV would see the Stones closing the set.

Absolutely tore the place up. No other performance came close. Performance was better and James' band was much tighter than anything else put out there.