Since we talking about GOAT performers lately... lets talk about the GOAT performance in general...

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
There's an interesting documentary on Netflix about James Brown's life that covers this. Basically Mick Jagger explained that for each set, they was a 1 hour wait or so, in which time they would bus in an entirely new audience, props etc so going on last didn't matter. He said he tried to explain it to James but James didn't care. James was straight alpha. Plus the folks watching TV would see the Stones closing the set.

Absolutely tore the place up. No other performance came close. Performance was better and James' band was much tighter than anything else put out there.

:patrice: Maybe Mick was trying to pull a fast one on James.

James was like "Ion give a fukk how this works, when I'm done with my set everybody needs to leave the building and go home."

:mjlol:

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Beyonce is the present day GOAT performer, but we also need to separate the performance, which nowadays, can consist of hundreds of people, from the talent of the performer.

The question regarding GOAT performances for a singer or band, is without the razzmatazz and pyrotechnics and the dancers, can you put on a show good enough to keep the audience on the edge of their seats?

James could do it
Mike could do it
Prince could
I have no doubt Beyonce can, but then it also comes down to the quality of the music you are performing

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
Ever see the Sign O the Times concert movie? Or Prince in Detroit 1986 clips?
Nah but I will now :wow:

People are really missing out with Prince..and most because they heard Purple Rain and wanted him to stick to that same sound...one thing about Prince is his catalog is so damn diverse. I like that he didn't just make music for billboard hits..

That and his work ethic..you know he is always going to go out and not be a damn mess and he is gonna go 110% and put on a show. :wow:

Even Mike had some :scust: performances..he was lip synced and wasn't the same Mike in that MSG 2001 performance for example. He may have been on pills or something around that time...

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Lol at this being the goat performance

@O.T.I.S.
Again like I said and for someone else to say it to you that you wrong as fukk.
You nikkaz around here never know wtf you talembout ever.

I know you nikkaz around don't know.in bulk about much.
As you nikkaz had two decades to find your fake acts facts.
that do not exist to disprove me too.
Your whole life is a journey of fake imaginary facts.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Beyonce is the present day GOAT performer, but we also need to separate the performance, which nowadays, can consist of hundreds of people, from the talent of the performer.

The question regarding GOAT performances for a singer or band, is without the razzmatazz and pyrotechnics and the dancers, can you put on a show good enough to keep the audience on the edge of their seats?

James could do it
Mike could do it
Prince could
I have no doubt Beyonce can, but then it also comes down to the quality of the music you are performing

Beyounce is not the goat performer, either.
Anyone can be there with theatrics and a light show with large resources.

She is just the only black artist who had a parent that cared enough to make it be this way.

Power of black fathers trumps all in our Gen in America.

Art Barr

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
This just furthers my point that GOAT level performers, dont need all the theatrics behind them.

THEY are the show (Prince, MJ).

While others need MILLIONS of dollars of back drops/dancers, etc. to even compete

Prince the goat

:ufdup: James is the GOAT for the exact reason above.

He birthed the template MJ and Prince were built from.

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
You see Mick try to channel James too with them struggle foot movements he was doing :mjlol:

I ain't notice it till you said. You can tell Mick was trying sum unrehearsed shyt he just saw JB do an hour ago. :mjlol:

Mick "Keith, mate, watch me again before we get out there. Does this look right to you?" :stylin:

Keith: :gucci:

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I ain't notice it till you said. You can tell Mick was trying sum unrehearsed shyt he just saw JB do an hour ago. :mjlol:

Mick "Keith, mate, watch me again before we get out there. Does this look right to you?" :stylin:

Keith: :gucci:

Straight up, Mick said he would go to the James Brown shows and try to steal his moves.

Still never got close

DipsetUnit

Rookie
Daps
Dudes be getting hella emotional in these types of threads.

Like this clown @DipsetUnit who inboxed me a huge rage filled paragraph cause of my post in the Beyoncé thread. :russ:
:duck:I sent you a message with 2 sentences which obviously still has you furious, you and a couple other Beyonce stans were the emotional ones in that thread and you all were so pressed with people disagreeing with you that you even made spin off threads.

It also upset you that you couldn't reply back to my message so you had to tag me in a random thread to throw shots while trying to bond with another poster for support.:umad: