Sixers' Matisse Thybulle on not being vaxxed: "This was a decision i made a long time ago..."

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Matisse got the first round of the shot and then just never went back for round two? I don’t really get what his perspective was there? He learned something between shots that made him not want to follow through on #2? This isn’t like not getting a booster, he just gave up on the process mid way through I guess

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm confused. He got ONE SHOT. Isn't that enough? He has to get two shots to play in certain cities?

Truefan31

Superstar
Daps
I'm 50/50 on it

One one hand the vaccine mandates are absolutely idiotic and shows Politicians have no idea how to run the country/state/city. And the sheep who act like this is ok annoys me

But on another hand, as a NBA player you signed a contract to basically do whatever they tell you to do. It's the same with a Nurse at a hospital. You can have your reasons on why you don't want to take the shot, but you signed up to obey company policy

I’m curious if he had these issues growing up through the school system. I imagine vaccination records/vaccines were required throughout K12 and at college at Washington. I know vax records were required for me before going to college…….

it’s obviously his choice but there’s consequences and he should at least know he is actually hurting his team by not being vaxxed, and it is a distraction. How much he cares about that is up to him, but understand he IS hurting his team.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
A "holistic household" practicing "chinese medicine" :mjlol:

Meanwhile China damn near throwing people down on the street and forcing them to take "chinese medicine" :mjlol:

This dumbass actually took one shot and then just didn't take the other :mjlol:

Donate those 30k game checks he missing to the boys and girls club or something useful :ehh:

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Regardless of the 76ers chances, play-offs are not a given. Play-offs on the same team as a potential MVP, especially not.

If he's late into his career and ringless dude may be wondering what if he decided to contribute this year rather than take this stance.

I know it's the kid's choice, but man, there are some potential consequences. This may very well be your best shot and you're letting it go by (don't ask).

Worked that hard, got that far and now you want to keep from going the distance. Very weird.

Seize the moment. This is practically playing so hard the whole season to potentially give up at the end.

Last edited:

calh45

Cal
Daps
Honestly, it's good to see someone stand on their principles, and he doesn't seem disingenuous either, as he at least got some sort of vaccination.

Let's be real too, if he was a low-end rotation player, nobody would give a damn. Let's keep that same energy here.

If he was a low end rotation player he wouldn't even have a roster spot. At worst you have to be top 6 on a team to take this stance. Anyone 7th or lower on the totem pole got told it's "optional" when it really wasn't for them.

It's kinda goofy to me that he got 50% of the way there. He might as well just have completed the process. He ain't even really stand on his principles because he actually got one dose of it.