Skater XL | XB1/PS4/PC

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I don't think I've ever been this hype for an indie release. It's been over 10 years since we got a solid skateboarding sim but the time has come:wow:. I've been playing the Early Access PC version with map mods and it's been restoring the feeling:banderas:. The controls are more difficult than skate but much more rewarding and realistic. Instead of doing your fliptricks with one stick and turning with the other, you do tricks with both sticks (one for each foot, one foot pops/scoops, the other flicks) and turn with the triggers, although you can still make slight turns/adjustments with the joystick. The fliptricks are physics-based so you can actually tweak how fast/slow you want the board to flip, when you catch, adjust the pop on your ollies for specific obstacles, etc. Takes a bit to unlearn the muscle memory coming from skate but it's worth it. Can't wait to play the new maps on release:takedat:

Patrick Kane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Was planning on making Ghost of Tsushima my last PS4 purchase but this will also have to be a first day cop :wow:

Been fiending for a skateboarding game. Haven't played one since PS3 so this will be :banderas:

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Wait, we gettin a new Skate and a Tony Hawk 2 remake the same year?!:gladbron:

EA announced skate 4 recently but this game is different. It was crowdfunded and had a thriving modding community on PC that pretty much played the early access for years because but it wasn't until now that they were able to make it a full release.

EA sat on their laurels for 10 years while we were all BEGGING for skate 4 and didn't want to do shyt til Session and Skater XL got big enough to drop full releases so I'm kinda salty about skate 4 now not gonna lie:yeshrug:

fukk this, play session instead!

The demo is out and it's like skate x2

I knew about both Session and Skater XL for years but never had the PC to play them until recently. I started with XL because they were releasing on console first but I'll have to check Session out:ehh: My muscle memory bout to be all fukked up tho:huhldup:

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
I knew about both Session and Skater XL for years but never had the PC to play them until recently. I started with XL because they were releasing on console first but I'll have to check Session out:ehh: My muscle memory bout to be all fukked up tho:huhldup:

You PS4 or xbox gang? It's up on the preview store in xbox right now. 2hour demo. shyt is hard as hell. Each analog stick controls a foot so to Ollie, you have to actually move one foot back and pop with the other. It's been hard as hell lmao.

So glad we're getting some new good skating games finally

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
You PS4 or xbox gang? It's up on the preview store in xbox right now. 2hour demo. shyt is hard as hell. Each analog stick controls a foot so to Ollie, you have to actually move one foot back and pop with the other. It's been hard as hell lmao.

So glad we're getting some new good skating games finally

I got both but planned on getting SkaterXL on X1 and maybe switch too. Ill have to check out Session on the preview store tho thanks for the heads up:salute:. Sounds like the controls are actually pretty similar

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I got both but planned on getting SkaterXL on X1 and maybe switch too. Ill have to check out Session on the preview store tho thanks for the heads up:salute:. Sounds like the controls are actually pretty similar
the controls are similar, but different enough that it's annoying trying to play both games at the same time. you can actually use the Skate controls in Sessions, but you can't do all the tricks using that control scheme

overall I think Sessions is better, but both games are dope

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I didn't realize this was coming out any time soon :ehh: thought it was gonna be a Beta game for the foreseeable future

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Brehs the high school map alone is soooo fun:whew: Character customization could be better outside of the gear selection but it’s good enough. Can’t wait to see all the videos and clips the community is gonna come up with over time

benjamin

Veteran
Daps
This ain't no skate game..this game is gonna take alot of practice to get good at..the mechanics make it hard..skate was more of an arcade type game, gonna take some weeks to get good with this one..

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This ain't no skate game..this game is gonna take alot of practice to get good at..the mechanics make it hard..skate was more of an arcade type game, gonna take some weeks to get good with this one..

I liked Skate because I could feel like I was really skating without having to actually skate, as opposed to just pressing buttons and doing extra cartoony shyt, which finally got old in Tony Hawk. This is even more of simulation?