Skin color is not a character trait

CW_1991

Banned
Daps
That's something we need to come to understanding about. Society at large tries to put us in this box that we can't step out of if it isn't aligned with what "blackness" is supposed to represent. It's ridiculous.

I see examples of this all the time;

"You can't say that, you're black"
"You can't do that, you're black"
"You can't think that way, you're black"

Last time I checked, the only thing that is required for you to be a black person, is to just be black. What it is is cacs have appointed themselves the definers of what that word means (through music, media, etc) and many of us have conformed.

It's mental slavery and people don't even realize it.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
i made this point to classmate on facebook years back who was trying to argue that people can "identify as black."
Sure there is an african american culture which maybe you identify with, there is also a Kenyan culture and and Nigerian culture and so on and so forth. You gonna walk up to a nigerian and say you as black as he is because you like Richard Pryor and Marvin Gaye? he might not even know who those people are. I might not share a single thing in common with a Kenyan person other than the fact that we are black.
the thing we have in common and what makes us all black isn't our culture, is the fact that we are genetically born with black skin thats all.

Barlow

He,Him,Nigguh
Daps
please tell us these beliefs you have that would make people question you :mjpls:

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
man listen I just do whatever the fukk I wanna do.

If I wanna listen to drill, then play some Phil Collins, that's what I'm gonna do.

If I wanna go to Russia, or Congo, or get the new iPaag. That's also what I'm going to do.

I say this all the time.... I'm a renegade and what?

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
That's something we need to come to understanding about. Society at large tries to put us in this box that we can't step out of if it isn't aligned with what "blackness" is supposed to represent. It's ridiculous.

I see examples of this all the time;

"You can't say that, you're black"
"You can't do that, you're black"
"You can't think that way, you're black"

Last time I checked, the only thing that is required for you to be a black person, is to just be black. What it is is cacs have appointed themselves the definers of what that word means (through music, media, etc) and many of us have conformed.

It's mental slavery and people don't even realize it.

Regardless of personal differences there are some obvious common sense characteristics that come with being black and the major one is understanding the racial plights we face internationally and the need for self preservation because of it.

Pseudonym

Secretary of Defense of #catset
Supporter
Daps
:stopitslime:

Hell yea I’m gonna sit out here and “tan” and get more chocolatey. :queen: I need my glow.

number21

Strive for rulership not equality, black man.
Daps
Reppin
North Miami
Regardless of personal differences there are some obvious common sense characteristics that come with being black and the major one is understanding the racial plights we face internationally and the need for self preservation because of it.
"Common sense characteristics" comes with having a clear cut culture and way of living.