SMACK/URL: K-Shine vs Yung Ill

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
idk if nikkas just zoomed past ill or if he's just not good anymore.
I think the issue is, Yung Ill's wordplay hasn't advanced much so he doesn't have any haymakers. In 2008-210 his wordplay was on par with the best, but since then battlers have evolved immensely and he hasn't gotten any worse, just stagnant, it shows how much more these new battlers have advanced as far as punchlines/wordplay

I still think lyrically Ill is dope as fukk as far as rhyme schemes/inner rhyming ability. And of course his delivery and humor is still there. I just think he needs to advance his punches for this era more.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
How come every time URL drops a mediocre battle people try to act like it's the end of URL? JC/Tay just dropped a week ago and that was a hell of a battle.

KOTD, Don't Flop, UW always drop battles that are ass and nobody says anything. URL drops a battle that isn't great and people are talking "It's the end of the road for URL"

I just don't get it. I know people hate seeing people be successful but this is ridiculous

MicIsGod

They like what that mean
Daps
Reppin
Atl
I think the issue is, Yung Ill's wordplay hasn't advanced much so he doesn't have any haymakers. In 2008-210 his wordplay was on par with the best, but since then battlers have evolved immensely and he hasn't gotten any worse, just stagnant, it shows how much more these new battlers have advanced as far as punchlines/wordplay

I still think lyrically Ill is dope as fukk as far as rhyme schemes/inner rhyming ability. And of course his delivery and humor is still there. I just think he needs to advance his punches for this era more.
He connects on like every 10th punch. His whole round will damn near be filler.He's just..eh. idk.

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
I thought this battle was decent :yeshrug:

I've got Ill winning 2-1 and I can see he's getting better which is good to see. All he needs to do now is incorporate more haymakers, he's nearly back into old form though so his next few battles should be good.

The audio :camby:

The production levels haven't been on point in a long time for Smack/URL

DF is BUSY

ididknotnothat.
Daps
Reppin
NYC
that redhead chick nellz was like
golfclap.gif
after ill's 1st round :deadmanny:

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year

i agree. i still think ill is pretty dope. but it is a plethora of dudes who have come along and surpassed him when once upon a time he used to be the standard.

pgs really spoiled us all breh lol

DF is BUSY

ididknotnothat.
Daps
Reppin
NYC
the "he say the same shyt" remix shine :lolbron:

the remix is so potent in battle rap that even if a battler uses it and makes fun of it- he'd still win the round :ohhh: