SMACK/URL: K-Shine vs Yung Ill

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
i agree. i still think ill is pretty dope. but it is a plethora of dudes who have come along and surpassed him when once upon a time he used to be the standard.

pgs really spoiled us all breh lol
Lol yeah the PG nikkas are more advanced lyrically than a majority of the guys we were listening to 4-5 years ago. I think it started with the B Magic class, and I just remember when he battled JJDD, and thinking "Damn this nikka bars are some of the best I've heard"

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
R1: Ill
R2: K-Shine
R3: Ill

Round 3 for both was kinda shytty, not feeling either of these dudes at that point. :smh: at K-Shine though, how can you lose like that? Just based up off what happened to Ill he should have a full ammo box

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
:mjpls: nobody complaining about the crowd hyping them weak k shine lines :lolbron:
Debatable either way 2-1
I thought that Shine remix was terrible
Pretty boring battle overall

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
:mjpls: nobody complaining about the crowd hyping them weak k shine lines :lolbron:
Debatable either way 2-1
I thought that Shine remix was terrible
Pretty boring battle overall
Nobody has to complain because its not a ton of dudes trying to act like k shine killed something

Told you this shyt a popularity contest

People are more objective cause neither of these dudes are fan favs right now.

The better question is why can people recognize gassed bars and bad mics now but in that other battle they called the gassed bars from roc " real goon shyt" and great performance and acted as if bad mics played no part in why jc couldn't get felt in the room :mjpls:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
1 - Ill
2 - Shine
3 - Ill

One thing that stands out to me is that Ill sounds so much more polished as a battle rapper than K Shine. It's hard not to notice that.

Same thing I noticed against Clips. He went first & than Clips went & he made Clips sound like a comedian.

If Ill can get his bars up he would be hard to beat

I know niiggas been begging for shorter rounds but that hurt this battle imo

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Nobody has to complain because its not a ton of dudes trying to act like k shine killed something

The better question is why can people recognize gassed bars and bad mics now but in that other battle they called the gassed bars from roc " real goon shyt" and great performance and acted as if bad mics played no part in why jc couldn't get felt in the room :mjpls:
LOL exactly.

they only recognize the bars are weak when it's someone they don't like

MicIsGod

They like what that mean
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Yeah short rounds did hurt this battle. Shine always writes really short rounds for some reason. His 3rd sounded like he wrote that shyt while prez and wavy were battling. smh And yung ill just sounds like he doesn't have a lane anymore.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
idk what you dudes are listening to... wow you say yung ill won this battle. it seems like people just want him to win to get him back on his feet and on a road to recovery. but dude just doesnt have ''it'' anymore. yung ill sounds like hes still trapped in 09 rapping random bs then ending it with a wack punchline. the only reason he even gets a consideration in the 1st is because he rapped for 4 mins n shine rapped 2 1/2. you know good and well that kshine's 1st opening scheme in the 1st round canceled out yung ills whole round! that ''ill'' name flip killed him. kshines flow, delivery, voice, energy, crowd control, and haymakers made ill look like a pg level dude.

ill got the 3rd because kshine was trying to talk to him n tell him and tell him about his self but it didnt hit for real. it was ok at times though

kshine got the 1st n 2nd easy
yung ill got the 3rd

Last edited:

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

U talking bout urself :mjpls:
I ain't see u defending ill
and it's not really comparable Tay rock performance was way better

BlakeSuperior

and The Scene
Daps
Reppin
Chicago/Denver/LA
2-1 Shine off first listen. Ill used to be my favorite, but like somebody here mentioned., he has not evolved at all. I almost gave Shine the 3rd because he mentioned the drawn out lines that bother me so much with Ill.

MicIsGod

They like what that mean
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Is this Ill's last battle nikkas will give him a pass for? He needs a GREAT performance in the worst way. Someone said he may have chilla soon...that will put him in retirement. This yung ill dies in front of most url nikkas who are on they normal shyt. anyone from lost nikka calicoe to the most hated DNA. Speakin of Tay roc yall better hope smack don't set that up..lmao shyt would be tragic.

Last edited: