So, did HOGAN use the KLIQ, or did the KLIQ use HOGAN to their gain?

raw613

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
602 via 410
Mutually beneficial, Hogan freshened up his character while Hall and Nash got the most powerful ally one could get thus increasing their power.

Berniewood Hogan

IT'S BERNIE SANDERS WITH A STEEL CHAIR!
Daps
Reppin
nWg
WELL LEMME TELL YA THE TRUTH, BROTHER! I WAS AT THE GOLF COURSE TALKING BUSINESS WITH STEVEN SPIELBERG AND PRESIDENT CLINTON, DUDE! BILL WAS ASKING ME FOR ADVICE ABOUT THE CONFLICT IN BOSNIA, MEAN GENE! STEVE WAS RUNNING A FEW MOVIE IDEAS BY ME, JACK! SUDDENLY I WAS INSPIRED AND HAD THE ENTIRE NWO IDEA FULLY FORMULATED IN MY HEAD, CHAMP! NOBODY HAD CELL PHONES YET BACK THEN EXCEPT FOR ME SO I CALLED RIC FLAIR AND HE WAS SCARED AT FIRST BECAUSE HE THOUGHT I WAS ANOTHER DEBT COLLECTION AGENCY BUT THEN I TOLD HIM I WAS BRINGING IN HALL AND NASH AND WE WOULD NEED RIC TO DO A FEW JOBS FOR US, BROTHER! FLAIR WAS CRYING A LITTLE BUT HE AGREED TO LAY DOWN REPEATEDLY FOR LIKE THE NEXT FIVE YEARS AND I THINK AT ONE POINT HE WAS SEXUALLY ASSAULTED BY SCOTT STEINER BUT THAT'S JUST A RUMOR, DUDE!

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
I think it is obvious that the Kliq and Hogan teemed up so Triple H could be elevated in the WWF. This is what we in business call the long con.

images

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
WELL LEMME TELL YA THE TRUTH, BROTHER! I WAS AT THE GOLF COURSE TALKING BUSINESS WITH STEVEN SPIELBERG AND PRESIDENT CLINTON, DUDE! BILL WAS ASKING ME FOR ADVICE ABOUT THE CONFLICT IN BOSNIA, MEAN GENE! STEVE WAS RUNNING A FEW MOVIE IDEAS BY ME, JACK! SUDDENLY I WAS INSPIRED AND HAD THE ENTIRE NWO IDEA FULLY FORMULATED IN MY HEAD, CHAMP! NOBODY HAD CELL PHONES YET BACK THEN EXCEPT FOR ME SO I CALLED RIC FLAIR AND HE WAS SCARED AT FIRST BECAUSE HE THOUGHT I WAS ANOTHER DEBT COLLECTION AGENCY BUT THEN I TOLD HIM I WAS BRINGING IN HALL AND NASH AND WE WOULD NEED RIC TO DO A FEW JOBS FOR US, BROTHER! FLAIR WAS CRYING A LITTLE BUT HE AGREED TO LAY DOWN REPEATEDLY FOR LIKE THE NEXT FIVE YEARS AND I THINK AT ONE POINT HE WAS SEXUALLY ASSAULTED BY SCOTT STEINER BUT THAT'S JUST A RUMOR, DUDE!

:pachaha: there is no way Hogan is smart enough to come up with the nWo angle on his own. He rode Bischoff's wave the way he should have.

I bet Bischoff even bought the black dye :dead:

Vinny Lupton

Superstar
Daps
Vince got paid off all of em, the cokeman gets paid offa all of that

Vince - still rich
Trips - gonna inherit the castle
HBgay - had his dark period but he seems happy
Nash - never a mark, all about the muthafukkin money, (flex voice) acting game mean
Hall - Trips gonna make him an agent or something comfy
Hogan - broke, tapdancing for the Network

Kliq got the last laugh here brehbois

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
:pachaha: there is no way Hogan is smart enough to come up with the nWo angle on his own. He rode Bischoff's wave the way he should have.

I bet Bischoff even bought the black dye :dead:
You do know that Bischoff stole the nWo idea from a group in Japan right? As for the OP both needed each other equally.

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
yeah I've heard the Japanese angle idea a couple times before... Also heard that the third man was supposed to be sting, but then hogan heard about it insisted that he be play that role. . All things considered (mainly that there were no real permanent loyalties between the two parties, just two sides working the business) i think the kliq/hogan dynamic was as pure of mutually beneficial symbiotic relationship as you can get in pro wrestling

Daps
Goat Alias, dude! :wow:

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
It was actually Kevin Sullivan that came up with the whole thing

There was a similar gimmick going on at NJPW which wcw had a working relationship with not exactly an nwo but a renegade faction type

It was Sullivan that wanted hogan to turn heel and be the leader Bisch wanted to sign Bret or use sting and have hogan be the savior (would of been awful in hand sight most likely hogan would come back and squash the whole thing)

But give Bisch credit for how he did the storyline and trying to make it seem real

I'm betting Hogan saw how big this thing was getting and agreed to the heel turn on after the storyline started

Hogan used them to stay on top and Nash for example who was wwf champ for a whole year became just a goon for hogan took years for him to be in the title scene legit

They got paid regardless but they were not the main events like they thought there were gonna be

Nash eventually learned from hogan and forced himself into the booking committee

When nwo came to wwe hogan again used them and than threw them to the side when it was clear he no longer needed them anymore

No matter how much power hhh and hbk have they still had to job to hogan

In the end Hogan is the greatest politician and user this business has ever seen

Last edited:

Xane Vic

The An†i-Coli
Daps
Reppin
What You Will Never Be.

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mutually beneficial. Outsiders probably played Hogan more than vice versa, but Hogan still benefited.