So white Star Wars nerds are already complaining...

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Cacs are mad because stormtroopers since star wars 1 have largely been a faceless group and they wear all white so cacs can identify with that better thEn when that helmet comes off and they see a black man underneath like guess who's coming to dinner :troll:

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I find it hard to believe that they would put a black lead character in the new Star Wars movie. It's probably a costume/disguise or something. Hollywood is very racist. Movies with black leads struggle to get funding. Ridley Scott said if he had used black actors in the Exodus movie no one would fund it. When George Lucas made Red Tails no one wanted to fund the movie. So a black person with a major role in a Star Wars movie seems less likely.

Also, I think we need less topics like these. You're putting a bright spotlight on a vocal minority (ex: 12 year old trolls who use the 'n' word online) and portraying it as some sort of common occurrence, or using it to pass judgement on an entire group of people. No, you're being just as ignorant as the 12 year old internet trolls.

CHL

Superstar
Daps
I find it hard to believe that they would put a black lead character in the new Star Wars movie. It's probably a costume/disguise or something. Hollywood is very racist. Movies with black leads struggle to get funding. Ridley Scott said if he had used black actors in the Exodus movie no one would fund it. When George Lucas made Red Tails no one wanted to fund the movie. So a black person with a major role in a Star Wars movie seems less likely.

Also, I think we need less topics like these. You're putting a bright spotlight on a vocal minority (ex: 12 year old trolls who use the 'n' word online) and portraying it as some sort of common occurrence, or using it to pass judgement on an entire group of people. No, you're being just as ignorant as the 12 year old internet trolls.
No John Boyega is one of the leads, it's been known for the last few months.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
I wish that argument worked. They were sending death threats to Amandla Stenberg when she played Rue in the first Hunger Games movie and she was 13 at the time. Then when it came out it was a whole bunch of
"Did anyone else just not care when Rue died?" reactions. White people are heartless.

It's hilarious because with each movie, the series seems to be getting blacker and blacker. I think I counted 7 black actors/actresses with speaking parts in The Mockingjay Part I. Sweet karma. I hope the same happens to the Star Wars series.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
I think it all goes back to how black men are looked upon in this country. The stereotypes of black men are so thoroughly ingrained within American society that many folks (especially whites) cannot fathom any portrayal of us outside the usual narrative. I also believe that there is a great deal of insecurity with white American males. Not quite sure where it stems from. Much of their ego stems from false narratives and beliefs of their own superiority. Oddly enough, many of our own people cannot picture themselves being portrayed outside the usual narrative as well. This is why is why we tend to shy away from the science fiction themes.

I agree with most of your post except for the highlighted. I only know 2 black people who haven't seen or enjoyed the LOTR and/or Star Wars. Most black folks I know love these movies. I think it is true that we have begun to accept that we will not be portrayed as heroes or central characters in these stories. We need to start producing, and directing our own. Octavia Butler, Charles Chestnutt, Charles Butler, Samuel Delany, and many more black authors have written stories for us to bring to the screen. Now we just need some brave souls to adapt their stories into scripts, and fund the making of these films. I'm looking at you Spike Lee, the Hughes brothers, Steve McQueen, hell even John Singleton. It's time to step out of the motherfukking box.

meth68

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I might be described as a "Star Wars freak" depending in what criteria you are using but I'm not critical at all, didn't care about Jar Jar at all and thought the prequels were decent (and ROTS was very good) :manny:

I have seen Star Wars fans behave as you described online though :lolbron: complaining about anything and everything. I just don't think that group is as big as you do

I am a movie nut and like trilogies like sw, matrix, lotr, hp whatever. I can appreciate good movies, some people get so serious prior to the movie that no matter how good the movie is, its a let down and don't even appreciate it. I forgot the line they removed from the dvd box set that Vader says, but people actually wanted refunds of their dvd box set because of it, literally changed up 1 line he said...
kanye-wtf.gif
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/kanye-wtf.gif

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
In Attack of the Clones every Stormtrooper was this guy:
XVdYkAc.jpg

And he aint white.
Racist a$$holes must have selective memory loss.

Daps
Good. Let them shyt in their $10 Jedi robes over the outrage.

Star Wars is a movie about motherfukking aliens and saving the galaxy, but as soon as one black dude appears on screen it's an issue? Even in a galaxy far, far away we can't get a break from some of these white people.:why:

:dead: :bryan:

Opus

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Struggling cacs love pulling the reverse racism card. Otherwise they have to admit they are the lowest of the low unable to win in a game rigged to their advantage. If they can sound off because of a Star Wars movie, they will. To a hammer, everything's a nail. Comes down to unfulfilled entitlement and trying to make sense of that shyt. Struggling cacs are a sad bunch

Karume

All Star
Daps
I agree with most of your post except for the highlighted. I only know 2 black people who haven't seen or enjoyed the LOTR and/or Star Wars. Most black folks I know love these movies. I think it is true that we have begun to accept that we will not be portrayed as heroes or central characters in these stories. We need to start producing, and directing our own. Octavia Butler, Charles Chestnutt, Charles Butler, Samuel Delany, and many more black authors have written stories for us to bring to the screen. Now we just need some brave souls to adapt their stories into scripts, and fund the making of these films. I'm looking at you Spike Lee, the Hughes brothers, Steve McQueen, hell even John Singleton. It's time to step out of the motherfukking box.
I've always thought that someone who loves media attention like 50 Cent should make a black sci-fi film. the trolling back and forth would be priceless

NERO

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Commiefornia
I just don't think YT trolls are a good representation of legitimate Star Wars fans...it's the lowest common denominator and the majority who watched the trailer on YT were probably casual fans who watched the movies once or twice. Hardly an accurate representation.

A bunch of racist trolls flooding the page doesn't equate to "Star Wars fans having an issue with JB"
I don't think you get it. No need to cape for your fellow white man. We're just fed up with the BS. Without whites there would be no SWU so the hyperbole here is kind of ridiculous but at the same time we are just fed up with being second class citizens. If you are Aussie think of the "abbos"
No John Boyega is one of the leads, it's been known for the last few months.
known within the SW fan and perhaps greater SciFi fan community but it was news to my friends and family.

LordTaskForce

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

breh, he already is a lead role. what are you saying lol?

Zach Lowe

what up beck
Daps
It's taking forever to find all of this racism.

I mean i'm not saying I don't believe you guys, but I have literally wasted 5-10 minutes browsing the comments so that I could join in and be mad.

Now i'm just mad that I can't find all of these horrible comments. It's almost making me question why I'm even looking for them at all.

:leostare:
coli idiots complaining about nothing as usual

if it gets the star wars nerds mad it's prolly because all the old stormtroopers were clones of Boba Fett (or Jango?) who is white

so having a black stormtrooper deviates from the original movies