So white Star Wars nerds are already complaining...

NERO

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Commiefornia
breh, he already is a lead role. what are you saying lol?
I was shocked they were able to convince the studio but I'll bet is was Lucas. He probably made it a condition of him selling LucasFilm to Disney that he would get some creative input as well as a say in the director and that there would be a black lead or co-lead in the next trilogy as part of the deal. George Lucas made Red Tails on his own buck because the big 6 studios wouldn't finance it for the budget he needed to make it . AFAIK he is about as down with the cause as a white man can be so respect to him for 1) Handing the franchise over to new blood and 2) Making sure a person of color was integral or dare i say CENTRAL to the plot in the next set of blockbusters. George is cool in my book even after what he did to the prequel trilogy and Indiana Jones.

LordTaskForce

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I was shocked they were able to convince the studio but I'll be t is was Lucas. He probably made a condition of him selling LucasFilm that there would be a black lead or co-lead in the next trilogy as part of the deal. George Lucas made Red Tails on his own buck. AFAIK he is about as down with the cause as a white man can be so respect to him for 1) Handing the franchise over to new blood and 2) making sure a person of color was integral or dare i say CENTRAL to the plot in the next set of blockbusters.

i respect him for red tails. its a shame people have struggle seeing any leads other than white males. one thing history has taught us is that things come full circle.

Zach Lowe

what up beck
Daps
the stormtrooper outfit is probably a disguise for the character who's really a jedi or a human

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Read up on "Gamer-gate".

Much of the focus has been on misogyny, but there is a healthy dosage of 'cism as well.

Dork/Nerd/Geek Subculture....:smh:

I feel like a lot of it comes from...the same place these police officers come from. Just as cops grew up feeling emasculated by athletes and shyt, these dorks grew up being picked on for playing Magic The CACering, speaking klingon, all that bullshyt. Now that Hollywood has appropriated some of that culture, these nerds are feeling themselves now, thinking that they should be "in charge", and nobody is trying to hear that....:yeshrug:
its these same LIBERTARIAN TYPES that sit in their basements and lack any actual real world understanding of other people and they think they have the answers to all sorts of policy

CHL

Superstar
Daps
I don't think you get it. No need to cape for your fellow white man. We're just fed up with the BS. Without whites there would be no SWU so the hyperbole here is kind of ridiculous but at the same time we are just fed up with being second class citizens. If you are Aussie think of the "abbos"

known within the SW fan and perhaps greater SciFi fan community but it was news to my friends and family.
I have two, maybe three white friends. The last thing I care about is caping for any other white man :heh: :scusthov: I just don't like overly hyperbolic statements when it's pretty obvious they aren't true. If you say "some Star Wars fans displayed ignorant and derogatory behaviour in response to JB's appearance in the trailer", or "there were alot of general white YT commenters who viewed the trailer and had a racist, bigoted and disrespectful response in the comments" then I'm with you 100% in agreement. But hyperbolic statements like "white Star Wars nerds are all up in arms about JB being one of the leads" or "gamers and nerds are some of the most staunch white supremacists" (check page 8) just aren't true and take it too far.

Also YT commenters are a vocal minority in terms of total viewers, as most viewers don't end up commenting. This may make the racist trolls look like a higher proportion of people than they really are.

The amount of white males in general who were attacking JB was disgusting though.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
062413-George-Lucas-marriage.jpg

article-2532401-1A60EEBF00000578-697_634x622.jpg
Would the Coli consider her a bedwench? :jbhmmm:

NERO

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Commiefornia
I have two, maybe three white friends. The last thing I care about is caping for any other white man :heh: :scusthov: I just don't like overly hyperbolic statements when it's pretty obvious they aren't true. If you say "some Star Wars fans displayed ignorant and derogatory behaviour in response to JB's appearance in the trailer", or "there were alot of general white YT commenters who viewed the trailer and had a racist, bigoted and disrespectful response in the comments" then I'm with you 100% in agreement. But hyperbolic statements like "white Star Wars nerds are all up in arms about JB being one of the leads" or "gamers and nerds are some of the most staunch white supremacists" (check page 8) just aren't true and take it too far.

Also YT commenters are a vocal minority in terms of total viewers, as most viewers don't end up commenting. This may make the racist trolls look like a higher proportion of people than they really are.

The amount of white males in general who were attacking JB was disgusting though.
Ok you got it. Yea most fans just want good SW. The vocal minority always fukk it up for everyone. I actually have a filter extension for my browser that edits YouTube comments for me so I am not tempted to engage with some ignoramuses on that shyt pit of a site. I don't even see the extra nasty stuff but some of that same mentality bleeds through on other moderated forums and it is sad to see.

Daps
Reppin
Yeah
I find it hard to believe that they would put a black lead character in the new Star Wars movie. It's probably a costume/disguise or something. Hollywood is very racist. Movies with black leads struggle to get funding. Ridley Scott said if he had used black actors in the Exodus movie no one would fund it. When George Lucas made Red Tails no one wanted to fund the movie. So a black person with a major role in a Star Wars movie seems less likely.

Also, I think we need less topics like these. You're putting a bright spotlight on a vocal minority (ex: 12 year old trolls who use the 'n' word online) and portraying it as some sort of common occurrence, or using it to pass judgement on an entire group of people. No, you're being just as ignorant as the 12 year old internet trolls.
Incorrect he is one of the leads in the film

Slimkid07

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Would the Coli consider her a bedwench? :jbhmmm:

Far from it. That would be the continued misuse of the term.

Since this sista has been a part of Lucas' life, he's injected more black folk into his material, and even produced a black film, Red Tails.

I'm sure he still has influence but I kinda hate that he sold the franchise to Disney.
At this pace, that sista would have made him cast Farrakhan as a Jedi Master. :banderas::pachaha:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Far from it. That would be the continued misuse of the term.

Since this sista has been a part of Lucas' life, he's injected more black folk into his material, and even produced a black film, Red Tails.

I'm sure he still has influence but I kinda hate that he sold the franchise to Disney.
At this pace, that sista would have made him cast Farrakhan as a Jedi Master. :banderas::pachaha:

he had no desire to make any more films why not get that 4 billy?

Bone Bender

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
C'mon man, it's just typical ignorant YouTube racists. Most Star Wars fans wouldn't have had an issue with it. Mace was one of the most popular characters in the PT. And I'm sure most fans, outside of the youtube trolls, are pleased with JB's role.

They are...

I can relate to JB.....:manny:
Its the losers who cant see beyond skin color that I was talking about.