so who do ya think can pull off Captain Marvel and be the first female superhero in the MCU?

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Written just yesterday. Makes sense since she was almost Black Widow.

'Captain Marvel' Rumors: Emily Blunt In Title Role a 'Done Deal?' Joss Whedon A Possibility As Director

Captain Marvel' Rumors: Emily Blunt In Title Role a 'Done Deal?' Joss Whedon A Possibility As Director
By Malcolm Hyde | Aug 14, 2015 07:35 AM EDT
Facebook

The stakes are high for Marvel in this film especially since Warner Bros. will release the iconic "Wonder Woman" starring Gal Gadot ahead of it. Thus, Marvel may have to choose the best - and that could be Emily Blunt.

ADVERTISING

In a "Meet the Movie Press" podcast, Mark E. Reilly was quoted saying 'It doesn't make sense yet because it's been a rumour but I've had somebody tell me that Emily Blunt is Ms. Marvel, that it's a done deal."

It makes sense since Emily Blunt has caught the eye of Marvel a long time ago. She was the original choice for Black Widow of the Avengers and Agent Carter of the TV series. She may have held out for the biggest role.

Meanwhile, Joss Whedon of "Avengers" fame and also one of Marvel's creative bigwigs is rumored for the film. It should be noted that Whedon has surrendered his directorial duties of the "Avengers: Infinity War" to the Russo brothers and there's a possibility that he's upset.

In an Empire podcast, he mentioned that he wanted Captain Marvel and Spider Man in the ending scene of "Avengers: Age of Ultron" but that failed to materialize.

"I would have put both [Spider-Man and Captain Marvel] in, but neither of the deals were made. And then they were like, 'We're making a Captain Marvel movie and we've got 'Spider-Man' as a property,' and I'm like, 'I've already locked my film you f**kers! Thanks for nothing."

Still, that says something about Whedon's investment in the character. Also, Whedon has experience with female leads with his "Buffy: The Vampire Slayer" series.

Buzzfeed caught up with the director and on the question of Captain Marvel: "Um, I would never rule anything out, because I like working here. By the same token, the biggest thing for me is that I need to do something that I create myself. It's been way too long since I created a universe."

Perhaps he's angling for a more creative control, which is an issue in Marvel Studios. Fans can only wait and see.

Read more: 'Captain Marvel' Rumors: Emily Blunt In Title Role a 'Done Deal?' Joss Whedon A Possibility As Director
YES PLEEEEEEEASE, I LOVE EMILY BLUNT, plus she has proven she can do action movies.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Ronda rousey posting these pics got me thinking. She definitely LOOKS the part but I'm not sure I want someone with no acting credibility to play such a huge role with the rest of the avengers
6aSI2yBEWk

for anyone who don't shyt about ms marvel, her name is carol danvers and she's a military air force chick who gains her powers thru a kree (captain marvel) after a accident or someshyt

Here's a bit about her powers from wiki

Cool side note: rogue from x-men got her flying/super strength after draining ms marvels powers and it ended up being permanent. X men animated series from the 90's showed this scene

So who ya think? Ya think rousey can do it ? Name some actresses that can pull it off.. I can't wait for the movie to drop, I think 2018 part of marvel phase 3

Rousey is a dreadful actor though. She is worse than that other MMA chick everyone wanted to play Wonder Woman.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Emily Blunt is the one from that tom cruise movie edge of tomorrow? She'd be perfect for the role quite frankly.

She got the look to a T and for those unaware of Captain Marvel, the edge of tomorrow character she played pretty much IS Carol Danvers but with a mech suit instead of Superman/dbz powers.

I hope they align it with the current comics since War Machine is her s/o and i want the homie cheadle to get more screen time in the mcu

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
Emily Blunt is probably the best one rumored for this. Amber Heard wouldn't be bad either. Lookwise she's not far off:

Miss-Marvel1.jpg

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
She's probably too expensive for Marvel standards but I'd go with Charlize Theron. She's also close to the right age because she's old enough to feel realistic and convincing as an experienced air force vet, and she's proven she can still kick the doors down and kick ass in Fury Road.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
She's probably too expensive for Marvel standards but I'd go with Charlize Theron. She's also close to the right age because she's old enough to feel realistic and convincing as an experienced air force vet, and she's proven she can still kick the doors down and kick ass in Fury Road.
Money won't be a problem it's just does Theron want take on the role IMO marvel is probably going to after some big A-listers for Ms Marvel.