so who do ya think can pull off Captain Marvel and be the first female superhero in the MCU?

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Katee is ugly. Every time someone brings her up for captain marvel I just go fukk no. CM has to be at least somewhat fine. I'd be with that Katherine chick from Vikings, but she's kind of old for this. She's 37 already. Emily Blunt is the best choice so far. I really hope they get her, but Marvel hasn't really fukked up a casting yet so I trust them.

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
yea im glad i asked cause i never seen this emily blunt chick. i tried watching edge of tomorrow months ago but i ended falling asleep like 20 minutes into because of high i was :heh:...ima give it another shot just to watch emily in action

Big Blue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
No way Ronda Rousey. People were complaining about Carano when Rousey is 10x worse an actress. After Edge of Tomorrow, I can definitely see Blunt as Cap.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
Charlize:yeshrug:

tumblr_nokc7xEoDr1qeuvq0o1_500.png

Uno

Superstar
Daps
Charlize gets paid way too much for Marvel. She is getting like 10 million a picture.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Just put a good supporting cast around her:what:

shyt they just made bank with freaking Paul Rudd.
You mean the Paul Rudd that was in Romeo and Juliet, anchormans, clueless, 40yro virgin,this is 40, knocked up amongst other titles? Who the fuk is Alice eve? And she's not going to have the gimmick of some nifty microscopic special effects going for character. She's going to be asked to be something in the vein of supergirl, tall order

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Money won't be a problem it's just does Theron want take on the role IMO marvel is probably going to after some big A-listers for Ms Marvel.

Doubt they'll get a huge A-lister unless that A-lister takes a huge pay cut or RDJ does. If RDJ is getting paid 50m per film and the rest of the Avengers are getting paid under 6m, they're not bringing in someone who wants more than that. Emily Blunt is a great choice because she's around ScarJo's level

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
The issue with Captain Marvel (which may or may not be that serious, i dunno) is that she's supposed to have the ranking of Colonel in the Airforce.

Now I know nothing about military rankings so i couldn't tell you what any of that signifies, but apparently (or realistically) you don't get that title unless you've been in the game a long time. Meaning if they're trying to be 'accurate' she's likely not going to look like a hot young blonde in her mid 20s. The common playful jab she uses at Steve Rogers in the comics is that she actually 'outranks' Captain America.

Now do they have to make her a veteran colonel as opposed to just a young recruit in the airforce? The general public wouldn't know the difference b/c they don't know the character but it's just one of those things. That's why i think Blunt could work b/c she doesn't look too old nor too young, if they want to go with the colonel route.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
The issue with Captain Marvel (which may or may not be that serious, i dunno) is that she's supposed to have the ranking of Colonel in the Airforce.

Now I know nothing about military rankings so i couldn't tell you what any of that signifies, but apparently (or realistically) you don't get that title unless you've been in the game a long time. Meaning if they're trying to be 'accurate' she's likely not going to look like a hot young blonde in her mid 20s. The common playful jab she uses at Steve Rogers in the comics is that she actually 'outranks' Captain America.

Now do they have to make her a veteran colonel as opposed to just a young recruit in the airforce? The general public wouldn't know the difference b/c they don't know the character but it's just one of those things. That's why i think Blunt could work b/c she doesn't look too old nor too young, if they want to go with the colonel route.

Wasn't Blunt an high ranking officer in Edge of Tomorrow? I think she was the highest

puggle

Superstar
Daps
I would go with Blunt echoing other's thoughts as she was pretty good in Edge of Tomorrow.

A new face I'd add would be the actress from Vikings, Katheryn Winnick. She might be a bit old for Marvel's liking though.