Something Men & Women Need to Understand About One Another --DEEP TALK INSIDE

Lady.Libra.

~balance~
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
VII
Expound. Not sure I follow.

For example - For me to feel as though a man loves me he would need to demonstrate consistently: affection, quality time, communication, be attentive, loyalty, invest knowledge in me, etc...

Say that I meet a man, fall for him and demonstrate it by expressing all the things...that make ME feel love, and while they aren't bad qualities, they may not be want HE needs to make him feel loved. I'd have to find out what his needs/language is and meet/supercede them.

For example - For him feeling love entails a woman who has faith in/believes in/admires him, initiates intimacy & makes him feel desired, etc.

The flawed notion, in this instance, is to give what you want in return when it should be to learn what that particular person needs to feel love and give it to them.

Archangel

Banned
Daps
Interesting.

I wonder if little boys weren't done the disservice of stuffing their feelings down but instead encouraged to express & acknowledge emotions in a healthy and balanced manner along with being logical...

This is why it is crucial for a son/daughter to be raised in a unified household; to be visual learners by watching how the mother and father are. The father teaches from a standpoint of logicality and the mother teaches from a standpoint of emotion. You mix the two together and with other combining factors, hopefully you get the right combination that will allow the child to grow up understanding themselves and as they mature, understanding the opposite sex.

Lamar Givens

Spitting truth you can’t handle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Yeshua
You made some excellent points Preach!!!

For example,

I noticed this the other day.

My wife and I have a daughter who is about to turn two.

It was like an epiphany from The Most High. I watched how my daughter comes to me when she wants things done, but will go to my wife when she wants to feel nurtured, and loved (she comes to me, but not as often as her mom). :mjcry:

So I have learned the importance of tapping into my emotional side when I spend time with her and give her lots of affection. :lawd:

My wife in turn has been working more so on her logical thinking when it comes to disciplining her and getting her to obey, etc.

You make a valid point about kids growing up in a two parent household where a male and female (mother/father) are present.

Good post :salute:

The D-List Vet

Being in a recommendation system.
Daps
Reppin
Coli.
Very True.

If you get emotional around a Nigerian woman they'll think its money or job related.
If its about some romantic shyt they'll hit you with the :scust:

I think I told the story about how my dad got my mom a valentines present once (yes once ever).
She laughed in his face, said he was starting to become Americanized, and wanted to know if he still had the reciept. :russ:

My dad laughed too cuz he realized she was right :mjlol:
:mjlol: holy shyt your dad won :ohhh:

concise

Veteran
Daps
That's something that has put me off a guy. He came across like he'd done his calculations and saw me as his best option. He was good on paper but that's why he didn't make the cut for me.

Complain about being a dude's first choice, dames. :dry:

Very True.

If you get emotional around a Nigerian woman they'll think its money or job related.
If its about some romantic shyt they'll hit you with the :scust:

I think I told the story about how my dad got my mom a valentines present once (yes once ever).
She laughed in his face, said he was starting to become Americanized, and wanted to know if he still had the reciept. :russ:

My dad laughed too cuz he realized she was right :mjlol:

This sounds like a dope relationship. :ohhh:

But what is actually keeping them together? :patrice:

Ms.CuriousCat

All Star
Daps
Complain about being a dude's first choice, dames. :dry:

This sounds like a dope relationship. :ohhh:

But what is actually keeping them together? :patrice:

Who wants to be someone's logical choice after an analysis of options. What if the data set changes, what if I gain 10kgs, what if I get a scar on my face, what if I lose my job or get sick. If it's not my soul that he's interested in all the external stuff is temporary and I take a pass :hubie:

concise

Veteran
Daps
Who wants to be someone's logical choice after an analysis of options. What if the data set changes, what if I gain 10kgs, what if I get a scar on my face, what if I lose my job or get sick. If it's not my soul that he's interested in all the external stuff is temporary and I take a pass :hubie:

:dry:
But you don't know what goes where, what is critical, what is optional.

Ms.CuriousCat

All Star
Daps
:dry:
But you don't know what goes where, what is critical, what is optional.

The entire equation means that I was optional to him if he was comparing me to others to see where I fell out. If he tweaked the data or if there was another I would come out second? That's messed up.

I think choosing to be with someone should be illogical. There are very many options out there and there are very many people who are better looking, smarter, more abc and xyz but this person in particular is the person you want to spend the rest of your life with regardless of it and because of their specific makeup and peculiarities. You wouldn't and can't compare. If he's not thinking that, if it's logical to him and I was the answer to his equation...that's not going to work long term.

tater

Superstar
Daps
The entire equation means that I was optional to him if he was comparing me to others to see where I fell out. If he tweaked the data or if there was another I would come out second? That's messed up.

I think choosing to be with someone should be illogical. There are very many options out there and there are very many people who are better looking, smarter, more abc and xyz but this person in particular is the person you want to spend the rest of your life with regardless of it and because of their specific makeup and peculiarities. You wouldn't and can't compare. If he's not thinking that, if it's logical to him and I was the answer to his equation...that's not going to work long term.

You're emotions can change just as easily too.