Something Men & Women Need to Understand About One Another --DEEP TALK INSIDE

Ms.CuriousCat

All Star
Daps
You're emotions can change just as easily too.

Less likely to be a random shift or even worse a thought out manoeuvre. Emotions are like a garden though, you know instinctively if and when it needs a bit of attention, when a nice word or some attention would go a long way etc.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The entire equation means that I was optional to him if he was comparing me to others to see where I fell out. If he tweaked the data or if there was another I would come out second? That's messed up.

I think choosing to be with someone should be illogical. There are very many options out there and there are very many people who are better looking, smarter, more abc and xyz but this person in particular is the person you want to spend the rest of your life with regardless of it and because of their specific makeup and peculiarities. You wouldn't and can't compare. If he's not thinking that, if it's logical to him and I was the answer to his equation...that's not going to work long term.

I think you're overthinking this a bit....

PeridotPuss

Levels on levels on levels ahead
Supporter
Daps
I was expecting so much more from this thread. I failed.:snoop:
@YaThreadFloppedB!

Didn't flop. And I think your post was clear and excellent and worth sharing

If anything it's a slight indication of how far away many people feel these days for serious, healthy, longterm relationships

tater

Superstar
Daps
Less likely to be a random shift or even worse a thought out manoeuvre. Emotions are like a garden though, you know instinctively if and when it needs a bit of attention, when a nice word or some attention would go a long way etc.

IDK...I think emotions are more likely to cause a random shift. Logic will usually remain, but emotions can be effected by a myriad of things.

luciddreamer

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The sleepless city
Good info

This is common knowledge though if your an adult with any kind of sense. But none the less, we are flawed creatures, and its all easier said than done when it comes to the complexity of the human dynamic.

SubZero

Hall Of Fame
Daps
Reppin
Wall Street - Black Renaissance Purveyor
I don't know but I'm not really the type who subscribes to theoretical things about relationships cuz there are always outliers. And you might be unlucky to end up with an outlier. Then what? I believe in just being yourself and going into every relationship with an open mind, devoid of preconceived notions about sexes...while letting things happen organically. The only two things I put emphasis on are: loyalty and connection.

I say this cuz I remember when I first started doing relationships (I was never the relationship type) and was so green - I read a few books and internet articles about relationships, rather than be myself and grow with time, based on natural instinct and the unique qualities my partners have to offer. However, the more I tried to go by the script, the more I failed. And it just looked like I was forcing things and things never worked out. I also didn't grow in the process.

You might think that all women are a certain way, but end up with an outlier that's the complete opposite. So, I believe it's always better to be yourself, let things happen organically, and grow in the process. That's how you learn cuz the same approach will never work for everyone. And there are tons of women out there who have the same temperament and behavioral pattern as men, albeit feminine in looks.

Archangel

Banned
Daps
@Ms.CuriousCat

I see where you're coming from. But a man usually doesn't go about choosing his partner knowing that he's doing it from a logical standpoint. More often than not, it is just how the average male thinks. I'm not implying that hes computing in his mind using a system to see if you are "C" in the A+B=C equation. From my experience, I never realized that I relied more on my mind when in a serious relationships than my heart until much later in the relationship.

A mans logic reasoning can be flawed because we are flawed creatures; just as a woman's emotion can supersede all logic and even lead her into making some very questionable choices. Just ask any woman who stays in an abusive relationship. Logic is urging her to leave the man who beats her, but emotion urges her to stay because she loves him. So neither is an exact science. Its is very dynamic.

Emotion can be just as much as a detriment in a relationship as logic. That's why it's imperative for couples to teach their kids about both in a sensible way because it is a subject that many overlook and it is a major factor in the dysfunction of the black marriage as it is a part of communication. A marriage lacking communication will not stand for long.

Ms.CuriousCat

All Star
Daps
IDK...I think emotions are more likely to cause a random shift. Logic will usually remain, but emotions can be effected by a myriad of things.

I guess it's because I'm an INFP it's how I think and see the world.