YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Why?

Really, why?

Once again, Chicagos violent crime rate isnt unique. Its the fukkin same as every other hood thats been popping.

Could Spike have used another city or a fictional city? Sure. But I see the other side of it as well. People are missing the point (and problem) that you COULDVE subbed a shytton of other Black Cities in as the setting for the movie and the movies message wouldve been the same. Chicago is this years problem. Keeping all of the subtleties as general as fukk keeps the message general (and for the record Spike did incorporate a shytton of shoutouts to Chicago in the movie).
because using a name just for profit on a film that is satirical and even funny in some moments is disrespectful to the people who have lost their lives in Chicago. If you aren't going to base the film in any sort of reality that tackles the issues of Chicago, than don't call it chi raq.

If Chicago's violent crime isn't unique, than was was the point of calling it Chi Raq and basing it in Chicago?

You said it yourself, Chicago isn't unique and this is happening everywhere right? So there is literally no reason to use the name Chi raq or to base it in Chicago, other than publicity.

I just posted a review of people who watched the film? You should watch the review because at this point their opinion weighs more than yours, because they grew up in it.

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
its not even remotely close
how? both are exploiting a place they are not from for a dollar.:dre:

if spike cared about the city of chicago he would have made the film more true to real life chicago.:francis:

spike took one huge shyt on the culture of chicago :yeshrug:

now im not saying he dont give a fukk about the VIOLENCE in chicago but the actual culture (from dress to slang) was totally disrespected in this film :why:

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
what did they say? I don't have to time to watch that video
Basically a bunch of articulate black art school students from the south and west side review the film and they expressed their opinions on the film.

I'm not going to do the work for you. Use your adult brain and learn, or you can be willfully ignorant because you do not have time, yet you'll be posting on The coli at various times during the day :heh:

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
Basically a bunch of articulate black art school students from the south and west side review the film and they expressed their opinions on the film.

I'm not going to do the work for you. Use your adult brain and learn, or you can be willfully ignorant because you do not have time, yet you'll be posting on The coli at various times during the day :heh:

I don't care really enough to watch the video, I mean you're the one that posted it here

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
They didnt like it because:
*It satirized the violence
*It wasnt authentic enough
*It didnt offer any credible solutions (the plot of the movie is women abstaining from sex with men to force peace) to the violence and was oversexualized
*Didnt tell the "true history" of why the violence occurs and how they got there
*Shouldn't have set it in Chicago
*Hell one dude called Spike a "white supremacist" because the movie was that much a betrayal to him.

Most of their arguments miss the point completely and foist an unrealistic social responsibility on the movie to find a "fix" and tell "the whole story" (whatever the fukk that means).

the nerve of these b*stard kids, they should do that themselves. :francis: The 'truth history' of violence doesn't matter because the people running around killing 9 years aren't influenced by the 'true history' of violence

Big Boda

My Family Are Not Immigrants.
Daps
Reppin
400 Year Survivors Of American Slavery.
I would actually have to with disagree with @Malta. The movie covers a lot of systemic issues within a country. The movie was filled with double meanings and points that actually go deeper than surface level so I would say that this movie was a great movie from a substance standpoint.

The acting was not great but the main character, Wesley and Angela did a fantastic job.

The most meaningful movie I seen in the last two years. It probably went over to many movie goers heads. It's not straightforward like Creed. It was laced with double meanings.

I don't expect lower minded negros to understand from the first viewing. @Napoleon, you should check it out.

So it was Filled with double meanings and you couldn't list gat damn one example to support your claim.

You can put the double meanings you saw in a spoiler but I think you're just :cape:.

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
I don't care really enough to watch the video, I mean you're the one that posted it here
Of course you don't care. You just want to debate a movie you haven't seen yet and insult people for their opinions and/or ignore the relevant informed opinions of people who actually have seen the film :heh:

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I would actually have to with disagree with @Malta. The movie covers a lot of systemic issues within a country. The movie was filled with double meanings and points that actually go deeper than surface level so I would say that this movie was a great movie from a substance standpoint.

The acting was not great but the main character, Wesley and Angela did a fantastic job.

The most meaningful movie I seen in the last two years. It probably went over to many movie goers heads. It's not straightforward like Creed. It was laced with double meanings.

I don't expect lower minded negros to understand from the first viewing. @Napoleon, you should check it out.

I respect Spike for trying to spark these minds. I saw the movie and there were 6 people in the theater. Two guys walked out. Some people just want shoot em up bang bangs. This whole movie was laced with different themes. I recommend it to people.

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
If they want a documentary or a bio pic of glow gang make it themselves and quit complaining.

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
Of course you don't care. You just want to debate a movie you haven't seen yet and insult people for their opinions and/or ignore the relevant informed opinions of people who actually have seen the film :heh:

Nope, these losers just want to criticize Spike Lee publicly

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
it is culture. Black people were right to create a slang term that talks about America destabilizing Chicago systematically like they destabilized Iraq.

Nope, sure if you're serious :dwillhuh: and what does the government gain from destabilizing its potential tax base :troll: