Spike Lee Goes On A 5 Minute Rant Defending His New Movie "Chiraq" [VIDEO]

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
any proof of this

the movie is clown status with not a inch of realism

and makes light of something serious

the idea was dumb, a shyt movie Miami tale already did lol the movie is trash that's why people are mad

Can't know any of that unless you see the film. Like Spike said, it was co-signed by real Chicago folk who supported the message. By realism, you just want to see black ultra-violence, tell the truth about it. In a way you guys are proving Spikes point. All these code words for "authentic" and "real" really just mean you are entertained by black-on-black violence and that's not what the movie is ultimately about so you're upset.

Soon

Banned
Daps
This is the top comment on youtube which is similar to what you're saying. After the trailer I wasn't sure if I would even bother watching but I'll give the movie a chance.

You really want to watch a satire on something serious.

Imagine if Boyz n the Hood or Menance to Society or even Juice was a satire. Spike has been a clown for awhile now.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can't know any of that unless you see the film. Like Spike said, it was co-signed by real Chicago folk who supported the message. By realism, you just want to see black ultra-violence, tell the truth about it. In a way you guys are proving Spikes point. All these code words for "authentic" and "real" really just mean you are entertained by black-on-black violence and that's not what the movie is ultimately about so you're upset.

Based on hwat, movie wasn't co-signed by anyone no real chicago folk had anything to do with the film

what is ultra violent, You mean like Wesly Snipes looking Demolition man lol, and I'm suppose to this movie serious

you got gang members caressing guns under bridges like videogame thugs
sounds like something a fox news anchor imagines what nikkaz do in chicago not reality

what I expected was in look into what was really going in chiraq from the perspective of those effected by the violence, not a dumb ass play that had nothing to do with anything

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
Based on hwat, movie wasn't co-signed by anyone no real chicago folk had anything to do with the film

Yes it was. What are you commenting in this thread if you didn't even watch the Spike interview?

what is ultra violent, You mean like Wesly Snipes looking Demolition man lol, and I'm suppose to this movie serious

you got gang members caressing guns under bridges like videogame thugs
sounds like something a fox news anchor imagines what nikkaz do in chicago not reality

You're actually proving my point. You're obsessed with a lifestyle that is entertainment to you, but real to others.

what I expected was in look into what was really going in chiraq from the perspective of those effected by the violence, not a dumb ass play that had nothing to do with anything

No, you just wanted to see a Chicago menace to society, and you're upset that the movie is trying to be deeper than that. The Shakespear riff I agree with but I haven't seen the movie so I don't know where he went with the source material.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes it was. What are you commenting in this thread if you didn't even watch the Spike interview?

You're actually proving my point. You're obsessed with a lifestyle that is entertainment to you, but real to others.

No, you just wanted to see a Chicago menace to society, and you're upset that the movie is trying to be deeper than that. The Shakespear riff I agree with but I haven't seen the movie so I don't know where he went with the source material.

I don't have to listen to spike's interview, who are these people who co-signed
nobody in the chicago community
Obsessed with a lifestyle what are you talking about

I'm not from chicago, would've liked to understand why these things are happening there, can't get any in sight from this movie since its not about that

stop putting words in my mouth and listen to what I'm saying you can't argue points I've never said

the movie is not about chiraq, we learn nothing about the problem of chicago of this film, and to top it it's a satire, of a situation that isn't funny

on top of that the IDEA IS A RIP OFF A STRAIGHT TO VIDEO MOVIE STARRING TRINA, IT IS TRASH

Second of all MENACE TO SOCIETY IS A GREAT FILM

not ultra violence has you put, you fukking moron,

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Spike's only mistake was calling it Chi-Raq.

If he titled the movie "Any City, U.S.A" there problem isn't that much fallback.