Spin:Do black women really nurture black men?

BlaqkSpliffin

Ni**as Still Weird - Me
Daps
Reppin
DMV
I've always had solid nurturing black women in my life but tbh I don't think this is as common as some will have you believe, just as its not as common for black men to "protect" black women as it once was. I think just like a lot of things its about whats passed down and taught to the next generation. When you don't have healthy relationships with the black people in your life, you tend to carry and spread that negative energy onto other black people. Our community was systematically broken and it affected our value system, our self respect, and our love for one another. It takes time to rebuild those things.

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
If you say that black women do nurture black men, why do you feel the need to ask how they nurture black men? You should already have examples.

I do have examples...but if we can say Black women do nurture Black men, yet that's something the threadstarter asks and we have to pause and reflect on for a moment to have to answer, perhaps they do it in less conventional ways than what we may think it means to be "nurturing".

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
I do have examples...but if we can say Black women do nurture Black men, yet that's something the threadstarter asks and we have to pause and reflect on for a moment to have to answer, perhaps they do it in less conventional ways than what we may think it means to be "nurturing".
Well what would those ways be?

Benefited

Banned
Daps
Timestamped it.

Theres a misconception about womens jobs as nurturers. The black womans job is to nurture what a man gives her.What is the black man giving to black woman? Are most men giving our women knowledge? are you giving your woman protection? Are you taking care of her financially? Most black men are forcing European principles on women "I need a woman who's hussle is as strong as mine:mjgrin:" A woman with a strong hussle:gucci:? Then you have them going off to colleges and getting indoctrinated by European education,getting jobs from Europeans,being protected by the white mans courts. They are nurturing the "man" who is giving them something to nurture which is the white man at the moment. So they are nurturing white supremacy whether it be through brainwashing by the dominant society,or whether it be a black man preaching European ideologies to his black woman because he lacks knowledge of self:respect:

Not really a womans job to nurture in the sense many of you think. Because many of them do in fact coddle the shyt out of black men to the point they create bytches. Then they lash out and reject the bytches they create. Women are recievers,so yes many of them are nurturing the bullshyt and poison that black men/the European have given them. Give a receptive black woman negativity and she will nurture and nourish it and multiply it. Give a receptive black woman positivity and she will nurture,nourish and multiply that.

Last edited: