Star Wars: The Force Awakens (OFFICIAL THREAD)

Numero Deux

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Only folks who I know of who have actually seen this film in any sort of screening before the premiere (December 14) are various high level Disney types (such as President Bob Iger and other executives), the creatives who are directly involved in the SW projects (JJ, Kathleen Kennedy, Rian Johnson) and some of the actors (John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Harrison Ford from the top of my head). Not even Colin Trevorrow (episode 9 director) and Gareth Edwards (Rogue One director who is also involved in other aspects of creative) have seen it.

I find claims from folks who are not part of the previously mentioned categories to have seen it before December 14 to be rather sketchy.

Disney is not even having this film screened for critics for review before it's official release (Dec 18).

Just saying.... :sas2:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Only folks who I know of who have actually seen this film in any sort of screening before the premiere (December 14) are various high level Disney types (such as President Bob Iger and other executives), the creatives who are directly involved in the SW projects (JJ, Kathleen Kennedy, Rian Johnson) and some of the actors (John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Harrison Ford from the top of my head). Not even Colin Trevorrow (episode 9 director) and Gareth Edwards (Rogue One director who is also involved in other aspects of creative) have seen it.

I find claims from folks who are not part of the previously mentioned categories to have seen it before December 14 to be rather sketchy.

Disney is not even having this film screened for critics for review before it's official release (Dec 18).

The dude that claims he watched it says there are more twists than the trailers lead, storyline wise it sucks but out of the 7 SW movies it's the best one yet. If those aren't contradictions :pachaha:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps

Could be but he didn't drop infor so what did he gain :manny:

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department

Fallon said he saw it. It seems that as we inch closer to release, more and more people have seen it. I definitely think that the relatives/friends have gotten in on it.

When did those directors say they hadn't seen it? Up until like a few days ago, the actors were saying they hadn't seen it. It's possible that some just can't make it to the special screenings, and they clearly aren't going to be sending shyt out on DVD.

Or maybe he got me....:manny:

More Finn incompetence....:whistle: :lolbron:

Numero Deux

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens
When did those directors say they hadn't seen it?

Now that Lucas has seen The Force Awakens, he has joined an exclusive circle that includes star Harrison Ford, friend and collaborator Steven Spielberg and top Disney executives. (Even Star Wars spinoff directors Phil Lord and Christopher Miller and Episode IX director Colin Trevorrow have said they haven't seen the film, and Episode VIII filmmaker Rian Johnson and Star Wars: Rogue One's Gareth Edwards only have viewed a rough version).
George Lucas to Attend 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Premiere: "He Really Liked It" (Exclusive)

My mistake on confusing Edwards with Lord & Miller, but still.

The Force must be strong with Disney because it looks like the studio will pull off a rare feat by keeping its next movie — Star Wars: The Force Awakens — completely secret until its big unveiling at the world premiere in Los Angeles on Dec. 14, just four days before it hits theaters worldwide. Traditionally, critics and other press are able to see a film ahead of time at industry screenings, but Disney and Lucasfilm went so far as to forgo all early showings — including the all-important awards screenings for critics groups — in order to keep the J.J. Abrams-helmed sequel under wraps.

Intense secrecy has made the Star Wars: The Force Awakens world premiere in Los Angeles on Dec. 14 the hottest ticket in town in years. Sources say Disney has been inundated with requests, and those who did receive an invitation Nov. 25 are in the dark about the location: The invite states the event will take place in Hollywood but doesn't list a venue. (Most Disney premieres, including The Avengers films, are hosted simultaneously in multiple theaters, such as the TCL Chinese, El Capitan and Dolby.)

Meanwhile, members of Disney, Lucasfilm and Abrams' inner circle are waiting until the premiere or opening day (Dec. 18) to see The Force Awakens. Sources say fellow franchise helmers Phil Lord and Chris Miller (who will be directing the Han Solo spinoff) haven't seen The Force Awakens yet, and neither has Colin Trevorrow, who will be directing Episode IX.

Greg Grunberg, who has a role in the film, tells THR: "J.J. is my best friend, and I talk to him every day, but I don't want to know anything. When I was a kid, I loved watching the new Star Wars when it came out, just like everyone else. Now I want that same excitement."

Sources say much of the cast also is waiting for the premiere, although there was a cast-only screening in L.A. on Nov. 24. The leads, John Boyega and Daisy Ridley, however, have finally seen the film as of early December.

Drew Goddard, who wrote the Abrams-produced Cloverfield and visited the Force Awakens set, likewise insists he's waiting until opening day.

However, Episode VIII director Rian Johnson has seen a cut of The Force Awakens (he's finished a draft of the script for VIII, which will be released in May 2017) as has Star Wars: Rogue One director Gareth Edwards, who is now shooting his spinoff.

Others who've gotten an early look include Disney execs Alan Horn (who has seen it a handful of times at least), Bob Iger and Alan Bergman, while Walt Disney and Pixar Animation Studios chief John Lasseter has seen around 20 minutes of it.

Steven Spielberg, an Abrams mentor and longtime colleague of Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy, tells THR: "Have I seen the new Star Wars? Yes, I have! J.J.'s like my brother — we've known each other since he was 14."

But like a good brother, Spielberg is keeping what he knows in the family.

'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Top Secret: How Disney Did It

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
Are we really doing this :lupe: - Finn
Bb-8 hold on :takedat: - Rey

:gladbron: - bb-8

Follow me :birdman: - Rey
:why: - Finn

You sure you up for this :mjpls: - solo
Hell no :mjcry: - Finn

Yeah brehs we gonna be in for quite the curve come the release :mjpls:

WE NEED A PILOT!!!!!!!!!! :damn:- Finncompetence

WE'VE GOT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bbvs1Vu.png
- Mary Rey Sue

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
I feel ya, like I said though, they are starting to roll out more screenings and such.

Best believe that some "regular people" have seen it.

Just heard a *reddit rumor* that they are starting screenings for Disney employees. Could be BS, but ya never know.

Never the less, it's definitely a sign of the times for the spoiler weary...y'all better give twitter and comments sections a break for awhile....:whoa:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Daps

That's what I thought :mjlol:

Why would you say this?..You saying Kathleen Kennedy is racist?

Racist? who knows

"Why would I say this"? Because that's what she's clearly doing with the franchise :dahell:

You got Rey in this movie, the other woman who's the lead in the spinoff, the Game of Thrones woman who's playing the big standout stomstrooper and inevitably more down the line.

Now she's talking about wanting more female ( = white women) writers and directors for future films. The only characters she talks about are the female characters in interviews. Come on :heh:

CHL

Superstar
Daps
That's what I thought :mjlol:

Racist? who knows

"Why would I say this"? Because that's what she's clearly doing with the franchise :dahell:

You got Rey in this movie, the other woman who's the lead in the spinoff, the Game of Thrones woman who's playing the big standout stomstrooper and inevitably more down the line.

Now she's talking about wanting more female ( = white women) writers and directors for future films. The only characters she talks about are the female characters in interviews. Come on :heh:
Female characters like Rey and Phasma are underrepresented in the Movie industry at large. Are you saing there shouldn't be a focus on adding more?

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

Star Wars The Force Awakens Behind The Scenes and Funny Quotes. Post Credits Scene, Rogue One, Captain Phasma, No Jar Jar Binks and Finn Jedi Mace Windu lol

:ohhh: Idris gonna be "Star Trek 3"?

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Notice the contrast in the 2, she's all self assured "I can take care of myself" kicking ass. And he's all I hell no I ain't built for this, looking into Hans eyes like a freed slave. About to make some jobber of a stormtrooper look like count dooku
Playing the scared negro who needs a white savior/mentor.

Typical Hollywood BULLshyt