Star Wars: The Force Awakens (OFFICIAL THREAD)

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
That's what I thought :mjlol:

Racist? who knows

"Why would I say this"? Because that's what she's clearly doing with the franchise :dahell:

You got Rey in this movie, the other woman who's the lead in the spinoff, the Game of Thrones woman who's playing the big standout stomstrooper and inevitably more down the line.

Now she's talking about wanting more female ( = white women) writers and directors for future films. The only characters she talks about are the female characters in interviews. Come on :heh:

kathleen-kennedy__130218204623-200x249.jpg

Throat strong
Face strong

She been giving dome and learning secrets from them art nerds

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Notice the contrast in the 2, she's all self assured "I can take care of myself" kicking ass. And he's all I hell no I ain't built for this, looking into Hans eyes like a freed slave. About to make some jobber of a stormtrooper look like count dooku

You nikkas need hugs. Outlets for your anger. Something. I swear to god.

Star Wars. The OG trilogy, the prequels, and now the sequels, is a story about the Skywalkers. I don't even need to see the sequels to know it will focus on the Skywalkers clan, because it's a fukking Star Wars movie.

And oh look. Daisy Ridley is on a desert planet, rocking the exact same color scheme as Anakin in the Phantom Menace and Luke in A New Hope. Anyone dumb enough to bet me on what clan she hails from?

Of course she's a badass. She comes from the strongest fukking bloodline in the storyline.

Flip side... Finn is a lead. He's not the main character. Anyone dumb enough to think otherwise don't know shyt about Star Wars to begin with.

Second... everything they're showing us about Finn screams "in over his head". He left the storm troopers. Why? Probably in over his head when it comes to how they get down. So now he's running with the good guys. Still in over his head. Completely overwhelmed. Trying to keep up with Gawd Solo and some crazy scavenger chick with zero fear in her heart. There's also a darth Vader stan running around trying to jab him with a Costco light saber.

What side he picks doesn't matter. Finn wasn't ready for this shyt. I'm guessing when he learns why he left one side (empire), and why he needs to stand and fight with the other (Team Skywalker), even if he's overmatched either way, well that'll be the moment Finn grows into a badass. Even only if we see traces of it this go round.

His story clearly won't be as simple as Rey's when it comes to being in a battle. So what. Doesn't make everyone involved a fukking subliminal racist cac bigot.

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This maybe random but does anybody here think Boyega would make a great Tyson in a biopic? He's the right age, just bulk the breh up and he would look just like Mike. Certainly would make a better candidate than Jamie Foxx's :flabbynsick: ass at least.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
This maybe random but does anybody here think Boyega would make a great Tyson in a biopic? He's the right age, just bulk the breh up and he would look just like Mike. Certainly would make a better candidate than Jamie Foxx's :flabbynsick: ass at least.
I don't think he can bulk up like that, dude has that Paul pierce doeyness, high waisted too. But I would love to see a skit on snl with him impersonating the voice, with a flat top and mouth guard nonetheless

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
finn-banner-poster-motion-star-wars-161785.jpg

Them dualities :sas1: or are they :mjpls:

A poster like that after they established him as a defective stormtrooper?, come on :sas2:
Destiny awakens I'm sure doesn't mean his head Gonna be rolling.

Watch that force awaken right when he needs it most

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Playing the scared negro who needs a white savior/mentor.

Typical Hollywood BULLshyt
Isn't Finn the one who gets the ball rolling by saving Poe? Hence him with that jacket and the look they give each other as they pass the x wings . You guys are acting like you seen the movies

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Isn't Finn the one who gets the ball rolling by saving Poe? Hence him with that jacket and the look they give each other as they pass the x wings . You guys are acting like you seen the movies
I know hollywood.

I know cacs

That's all you Need to know,

nikka. :ufdup:

Last edited:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Daps
Female characters like Rey and Phasma are underrepresented in the Movie industry at large. Are you saing there shouldn't be a focus on adding more?

I honestly don't care about that or them, it aint like every other role that's not going to white male actors aint going to them first :sas2:

Point is Kathleen Kennedy's making this new star wars series White female centric, Finn's a male character, the role was written before John Boyega was cast, he will be undercut for Rey, the main white female, at the end.

Just read up how she talks about the female characters and their importance, meanwhile I don't think she's said a damn thing about Finn or Poe or attributed the same amount of importance to them :pachaha:

Connect the dots.