Starbucks accused of rigging payments in app for nearly $900 million gain over 5 years by consumer watchdog group

The Half-Blood FKA Prince

Shroom gummies, liquor and destiny
Daps
I like Starbucks. I don't go often. Maybe a handful of times a year.

But there have been times where Green Mountain Coffee at the gas station hit just as good as any Starbucks latte I've ever had.

:hubie:
Green mountain coffee u say? :jbhmm: Let me make a mental note to keep an eye out for that.

Do they make coffee pods by any chance? The brand sounds familiar. Let me do my googles right quick. :whoo:

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
Starbucks is gross, first off. Probably the worst mass market coffee available, and their other drinks are just diabetes lattes.

But this complaint is kinda light in my opinion. The solution I can think of would be that Starbucks would have to honor gift cards in perpetuum, which has accounting issues, or refund the money at the end of cycles which is definitely not gonna happen.

And brehs know I am pro consumer, I just don't know if this is it.

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
Right.

shyt is literally a fraction of the cost per cup.

They literally make coffee makers that will brew on a schedule, and even if you're drinking a latte/blended drink....all that shyt is available in home and takes less time to prepare than the time it takes you to sit in a drive thru/line and wait for.

Starbucks drinks exist in this realm of inefficient convenience luxury that many services simply just cannot exist in.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Trying to reason with people who go daily that even if they bought the branded coffee,creamer etc. and a decent coffee maker it's still cheaper.... is a battle nobody can win.
The worst part to me is that they’ve marketed sugar loaded milkshakes with whipped creamy and caramel on top as coffee. Let alone the fact that these fools spend 15% of their discretionary income there

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
The worst part to me is that they’ve marketed sugar loaded milkshakes with whipped creamy and caramel on top as coffee. Let alone the fact that these fools spend 15% of their discretionary income there
Fast food(yeah starbucks falls in that lane) is about addiction. If you pay attention some folks treat this shyt like addicts going after the rock. The businesses know that. This article will actually boost sales watch.

And that supposed Starbucks boycott? Yeah, right. :mjlol:

Coco Loco

The Chocolate One with the Gold Cuffs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the workaround is just ordering from the counter instead of mobile ordering and scanning your app with whatever you have left on your card then they give you the option to just pay the difference however you want.

THIS!!! It's not that hard to have a zero balance

I added so many Starbucks gift cards I got for Christmas to my app, and trust me I'll spend every single dime