Starbucks accused of rigging payments in app for nearly $900 million gain over 5 years by consumer watchdog group

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
I went into a star bucks once

I ordered a ice vanilla frappe like they got in the freezers at convenience stores.

shyt was disgusting. Tasted nothing like it.

And of course the price of one cold star bucks frappe went from 2.50 each to 4.60 in 4 years since biden

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
THIS!!! It's not that hard to have a zero balance

I added so many Starbucks gift cards I got for Christmas to my app, and trust me I'll spend every single dime
Do you like Starbucks?

Or do you just go there to listen to Wham sing "Last Christmas"....and figure...well, I'm already here...might as well get a tall peppermint mocha...

🥰

Coco Loco

The Chocolate One with the Gold Cuffs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Do you like Starbucks?

Or do you just go there to listen to Wham sing "Last Christmas"....and figure...well, I'm already here...might as well get a tall peppermint mocha...

🥰

I used to love it. Now I go in there occasionally, mostly during the holidays for the Caramel Brûlée latte

:ohlawd::banderas:

That last sentence is wild :mjlol:

I don't go in there unless I'm buying something. I might use this free money for another cute cup though

ETA-

@Remote

The refreshers are good in the summer :yeshrug:

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
The worst part to me is that they’ve marketed sugar loaded milkshakes with whipped creamy and caramel on top as coffee. Let alone the fact that these fools spend 15% of their discretionary income there

If people cut out their starbucks order from their weekly diet...and switched to just a regular coffee, not only would they have a considerable amount of calories, they'd have a wild amount of money left over.

MegaTronBomb!

Daps
Reppin
I went into a star bucks once

I ordered a ice vanilla frappe like they got in the freezers at convenience stores.

shyt was disgusting. Tasted nothing like it.

And of course the price of one cold star bucks frappe went from 2.50 each to 4.60 in 4 years since biden

You really trying to blame Biden for Starbucks leveraging their hold on fiends? is that what we doing breh? :heh:

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
You really trying to blame Biden for Starbucks leveraging their hold on fiends? is that what we doing breh? :heh:
Every time a dem goes in office, prices go up. Thats a fact bro. What do you think pays for the programs?

I remembwr when obama came in, we lost dollar menu

Trump came in and burger king was doing 2 for 5s and all types of cheap shyt. Biden came in, now its 2 for 7.

Now a meal at mcdonalds/burger king cost 10-14 dollars.

Even a single cheeseburger cost 3 bucks now. A double cost 1-2 bucks just 5 years ago.. Now its the “3 dollar menu”. Things shouldn't triple in 8 years.

It is what it is.

Last edited:

Amo Husserl

All Star
Daps
Cashless society 'bout to have y'all goin' through it. Y'all still get lattes from Star...bucks...?

Gloxina

Superstar
Daps
This is 100% legit. I fly a lot so last summer I was ordering those refreshers and would order ahead to skip lines. After like the 5th time it said I had to reload $5 just so I could pay a remaining balance of like $.35 :childplease:

Ended up just going inside a Hudson and getting a Sprite
I was about to say, this is real shyt. I literally have to reload my account so that in short pay for a drink instead of it allowing me to just add the extra dollar or whatever I may need to complete the purchase. Shyt is a racket, especially after they changed the points/redemption.

I fell back for a while.

But yea they reeled me back in during the holiday season. I’ve only been there once since the new year.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
They literally make coffee makers that will brew on a schedule, and even if you're drinking a latte/blended drink....all that shyt is available in home and takes less time to prepare than the time it takes you to sit in a drive thru/line and wait for.

Starbucks drinks exist in this realm of inefficient convenience luxury that many services simply just cannot exist in.

You can say the same for anything.

You can make a rum punch at home. Why go to a bar for a cocktail?

You can make a steak at home. Why go to a steakhouse?

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
The worst part to me is that they’ve marketed sugar loaded milkshakes with whipped creamy and caramel on top as coffee. Let alone the fact that these fools spend 15% of their discretionary income there

those are lattes what you're describing. They're fools cause they're paying for what they want?
guy walks 2 work everyday passing a Starbucks with some Maxwell house in his bodega cup n nose in the air "look at all these fools" :troll:

some of u are miserable.

MegaTronBomb!

Daps
Reppin
You can say the same for anything.

You can make a rum punch at home. Why go to a bar for a cocktail?

You can make a steak at home. Why go to a steakhouse?

This is comparing apples to oranges.

The bar is a social space, you're not going specifically for the bartender's ability to make drinks.

you go to a steakhouse vice cooking at home for the sourcing of meat,preparation,plating and it's still a social space for most.

It's not the same as people piling up in a drive through for an item they can prepare themselves at home with Starbucks brand products for an equivalent,cheaper and faster experience....under the lie that it's faster and more convenient.