Starbucks accused of rigging payments in app for nearly $900 million gain over 5 years by consumer watchdog group

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
I can buy the same coffee beans/grounds used at starbucks....put them into my grinder/maker and it's still cheaper than going daily for the same product.

and if i wanted to do like the ethopian homies do, i could roast them too.

:umad:

No....buying something yourself and preparing it at home is cheaper than having that service provided for you!? :gladbron:

Thats a remarkable observation. :stopitslime:

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I'll be honest I dont get the issue with the in-app giftcard. If you don't have enough left over and refill, you just wind up using up all the money and are left with a not enough amount the next time, which as a net, would just be the latest amount left over.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
it’s a mediocre product marketed as a status symbol. I’m not miserable because you can’t see that.

Breh I don't even fukk with Starbucks like that....im a coffee snob and maybe have coffee out on a Saturday or Sunday just to bullshyt sometimes Starbucks sometimes wherever idc.

You calling it stupid because you deem it overpiced.

You're not smarter than anyone. You giving off broke bitter boy vybes like another poster said.

I already can tell you'd hate on a breh in a beamer as you clutch your metro card :dead:

"who needs a BMW when you can buy a KIA or take the train" :troll:

banner34

Superstar
Daps
Starbucks is gross, first off. Probably the worst mass market coffee available, and their other drinks are just diabetes lattes.

But this complaint is kinda light in my opinion. The solution I can think of would be that Starbucks would have to honor gift cards in perpetuum, which has accounting issues, or refund the money at the end of cycles which is definitely not gonna happen.

And brehs know I am pro consumer, I just don't know if this is it.
Starbucks is the better coffee compared to Dunkin

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
This was not directed at black men and as a black man I’m an avid coffee drinker. Starbucks and coffee are not synonymous
Ok well my Brown Sugar Oat milk shaken expresso with chocolate foam (pumpkin during the season) disagrees :stopitslime:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Starbucks is the better coffee compared to Dunkin
This is a preference thing but I agree.
I don't really like Dunkin's coffee.

Still, Dunkin has a lot of fans so I guess they're doing something right.