Street Harassment [TW]

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Im gonna go on record and say I think saying hi to a woman obviously not interested in stopping to make conversation is harassment.

As a NYer I know the street harassment game all to well, not from being approached for sex, but from people soliciting for charities and shyt. They invade your space and try to shame you into a conversation ("do you not care about starving children" = "i was trying to give you a complement love"). So then u wind up walking around with a fixed screwface so they are scared to even look u in the eye. U nikkas will see a woman like that as a "challenge" ("why dont u smile more love"). Plus a lot of those nikkas fukk it up for everybody and take the shotgun approach... just stand on a corner and spit at anyone with three holes under 40 all day. Is it really that difficult to read body language, or even better, approach women in more appropriate settings? A woman somewhere like a party or club has much less of an excuse.... but even then, if she doesnt want to talk to nikkas shes not obligated.

nikkas need to man up and accept rejection. shyt is silly. Approaching women is basic manhood 101; the fact that this is even an issue speaks to how gameless this generation is.
I guess you haven't saw any of my post regarding rejection? I don't care if a chick don't talk to me she doing me a favor. I just don't like the whole dudes can't talk to chicks or else its street harassment. That's silly and something that even females don't agree with in any consensus. That's all I'm talking about that stuff you talking I don't know about cause I don't do it. As far as charities and other people on the street I say yeah/no and Kim. I don't have no problems with them so that's why I don't have any commonality with them or you on this issue. Maybe y'all need to not be coward(regarding saying No and Kim) when its just saying a matter of NO annoying or not. I'm not talking about idiots that name call, stalk, etc that shyt ain't cool ever.

The fact this is an issue speaks to how vain (outside of non stupid stuff I don't condone like getting cursed out, stalked, etc) some people are just as much as you think it shows lack of game.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
I guess you haven't saw any of my post regarding rejection? I don't care if a chick don't talk to me she doing me a favor. I just don't like the whole dudes can't talk to chicks or else its street harassment. That's silly and something that even females don't agree with in any consensus. That's all I'm talking about that stuff you talking I don't know about cause I don't do it. As far as charities and other people on the street I say yeah/no and Kim. I don't have no problems with them so that's why I don't have any commonality with them or you on this issue. Maybe y'all need to not be coward(regarding saying No and Kim) when its just saying a matter of NO annoying or not. I'm not talking about idiots that name call, stalk, etc that shyt ain't cool ever.

The fact this is an issue speaks to how vain (outside of non stupid stuff I don't condone like getting cursed out, stalked, etc) some people are just as much as you think it shows lack of game.
Well, just because you don't have problems with people approaching you on the street doesn't mean nobody else can. If people don't want to be approached on the street why shouldn't you respect that?

And lol @ not wanting to be street solicited = being a coward. No, Im not afraid of any charity worker. But since u are talking fear, a chick getting approached by some dude doesnt know if a dude is just someone who wanted to holla, or a dude who will curse them out, or beat em up, or stalk em, or worse. So really if u want all this street harassment hate to stop, u should get at the lames fukking up the game for everybody, and not the people complaining about all the "cant deal w/rejection" fukkery. If dudes werent cursing chicks out and worse there would be no problem

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Well, just because you don't have problems with people approaching you on the street doesn't mean nobody else can. If people don't want to be approached on the street why shouldn't you respect that?

And lol @ not wanting to be street solicited = being a coward. No, Im not afraid of any charity worker. But since u are talking fear, a chick getting approached by some dude doesnt know if a dude is just someone who wanted to holla, or a dude who will curse them out, or beat em up, or stalk em, or worse. So really if u want all this street harassment hate to stop, u should get at the lames fukking up the game for everybody, and not the people complaining about all the "cant deal w/rejection" fukkery. If dudes werent cursing chicks out and worse there would be no problem
I don't think I said because I don't have problems y'all shouldn't. I just disagreed with the rationale behind y'all "problem" and explained why. If they have a sign that says I don't want to be bothered I would. Outside of that how am I supposed to know? I'm not one of these stereotypical dudes y'all like to use when giving examples. I can tell if a chick avoiding eye contact, look upset, distracted, in a hurry, etc. I already do that. Like I said sometimes it works other times it don't :yeshrug:.

Regarding the street soliciting part don't get why people want to change what I said. I said y'all were cowards because you act like saying No to these dudes is some big hassle and I explained how simple it was to handle it. That doesn't equal you are a coward for not wanting to be street solicited at all. That's just some personal shyt regarding you feeling like you don't want to be talked to that I don't agree with. If it wasn't clear the first time that's what I meant regarding vendors. Like Ive told you before we just discussing things online and we disagree so we speak on it. We don't live in a perfect society so you are asking for things that don't make sense. While your at it might as well tell all racist not to be racist, sexist not to be sexist, murders not to be murders, and so on. That's how you sounding right now. Its unfortunate but I can't no more than not be that person myself than y'all can do,with the venders and occasional person talking to you that you don't want to.

PlainSight

Anon
Daps
Reppin
UK
I don't think I said because I don't have problems y'all shouldn't. I just disagreed with the rationale behind y'all "problem" and explained why. If they have a sign that says I don't want to be bothered I would. Outside of that how am I supposed to know? I'm not one of these stereotypical dudes y'all like to use when giving examples. I can tell if a chick avoiding eye contact, look upset, distracted, in a hurry, etc. I already do that. Like I said sometimes it works other times it don't :yeshrug:.

Regarding the street soliciting part don't get why people want to change what I said. I said y'all were cowards because you act like saying No to these dudes is some big hassle and I explained how simple it was to handle it. That doesn't equal you are a coward for not wanting to be street solicited at all. That's just some personal shyt regarding you feeling like you don't want to be talked to that I don't agree with. If it wasn't clear the first time that's what I meant regarding vendors. Like Ive told you before we just discussing things online and we disagree so we speak on it. We don't live in a perfect society so you are asking for things that don't make sense. While your at it might as well tell all racist not to be racist, sexist not to be sexist, murders not to be murders, and so on. That's how you sounding right now. Its unfortunate but I can't no more than not be that person myself than y'all can do,with the venders and occasional person talking to you that you don't want to.

Sounds like you're saying the solution to the problem is "get over it" :ohhh:

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps

That's exactly what he's suggesting, women should just start sentencing these dudes to death and go with the white cop defense "I was in fear of my life"

:francis:

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Sounds like and what it actually is are two different things if that's what you got from what I said.

That's exactly what he's suggesting, women should just start sentencing these dudes to death and go with the white cop defense "I was in fear of my life"

You get back to me when you aren't scarred to talk to women and risk rejection under the guise of street harassment ____________ .

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps

They damn near destroyed the first amendment, but this is straight fascism.

PlainSight

Anon
Daps
Reppin
UK
Sounds like and what it actually is are two different things if that's what you got from what I said.

I didn't get much, I just wanted you to clarify it :manny:

I can't speak for the others so I'm not crucifying you here for wanting to talk to women out on road - but a lot of us make excuses for the plethora of guys who don't conduct themselves well in such scenarios by claiming it's outliers or that whether it's only saying hi, and other stuff. That's the crux of the issue here. There seems to be some kind of miscommunication here.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
I didn't get much, I just wanted you to clarify it :manny:

I can't speak for the others so I'm not crucifying you here for wanting to talk to women out on road - but a lot of us make excuses for the plethora of guys who don't conduct themselves well in such scenarios by claiming it's outliers or that whether it's only saying hi, and other stuff. That's the crux of the issue here. There seems to be some kind of miscommunication here.
Ive already explained in this thread and the other one even when replying directly to you I thought I don't condone dudes being dikkheads to women so I'm not speaking for them. I've always said them dudes are clowns.

Also this is online where I think stuff don't always match up its what people see normally. I normally see dudes looking but having a boatload of excuses why they can't talk to a girl and this is even dudes I know get girls from approaching on the street. I've saw street harassment but always outside of bar/club aka places where alcohol is sold. Also some people doing that white people stuff of making the "hood" dudes into most dudes when y'all know damn well most dudes ain't hey mama, cat calling, etc that got anything popping in their lives. Again I don't condone the silly stuff but just attempting to talk to a woman on the street I can't roll with that.

Maybe we still disagree and that's ok but hopefully that's more clear for you.

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
It is a problem when men follow the women around or try to touch them on their arm or something out of nowhere or still try to talk to the women when she tells him she isn't interested.

Basically aggressive approaches.

Something more than just annoyingly telling a woman to smile.

Last edited: