NoirDynosaur

Yurrrrrrrrrr
Daps
Reppin
Planet Earth
sweet-potato.jpg

Sweet-Potato-Fries-Horizontal.jpg

Sweet-Potato-Pie_EXPS_GHBZ18_1203_B08_15_3b.jpg

Sweet potatoes are a nutritious and delicious root vegetable that belongs to the Convolvulaceae family. They are popular worldwide and are known for their naturally sweet taste and vibrant orange, purple, or white flesh. Here are some key points about sweet potatoes:

1. Nutritional Value: Sweet potatoes are a rich source of essential nutrients such as fiber, vitamins (A, C, B6), minerals (potassium, manganese), and antioxidants (beta-carotene). They are relatively low in calories and fat, making them a healthy choice for various diets.
  2. Types of Sweet Potatoes: There are different types of sweet potatoes, categorized based on their flesh color. The most common ones are:
    • Orange Sweet Potatoes: These are the most popular type, and they have a bright orange flesh. They are rich in beta-carotene, which the body can convert into vitamin A.
    • Purple Sweet Potatoes: These have a vibrant purple flesh due to the presence of anthocyanins, powerful antioxidants known for their health benefits.
    • White Sweet Potatoes: These have a pale white or cream-colored flesh and are slightly less sweet than the orange and purple varieties.
  3. Culinary Uses: Sweet potatoes are versatile and can be prepared in various ways. They can be boiled, baked, roasted, mashed, or fried. They are often used in both savory and sweet dishes. Sweet potato fries, casseroles, soups, and pies are just a few examples of the many delicious recipes that feature sweet potatoes.
  4. Health Benefits: Sweet potatoes offer several health benefits due to their rich nutrient content. They are excellent for promoting eye health, supporting the immune system, and maintaining healthy skin. The antioxidants in sweet potatoes also help combat oxidative stress and inflammation in the body.
  5. Storage: To keep sweet potatoes fresh, store them in a cool, dark, and well-ventilated place. Do not refrigerate them, as the cold temperatures can alter their taste and texture.
  6. Differences from Regular Potatoes: Despite the similar name, sweet potatoes and regular potatoes (white potatoes) are different botanically. They come from different plant families, have distinct appearances, tastes, and nutrient profiles. Sweet potatoes are generally sweeter and have more nutritional value than regular potatoes.
Overall, sweet potatoes are a nutritious and delicious addition to a balanced diet, offering a wide array of health benefits and culinary possibilities.

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Only in pies for me and depends on who’s making it … I don’t like anything that’s too sweet.

I’ll take any form of greens from collard to … even kale :mjpls:… over sweet potatoes…

Scientific Playa

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Championships
Sweet potatoes should be at the top of anyone's list.

I'm partial to carrots, beets, and spinach.

West Indian and African fam got me to add yellow yam and pumpkins to my diet.

rectangle-yellow-yam-ragout.jpg

Pumpkin Soup (Soup Joumou)​

Soup Joumou is traditionally consumed on New Year’s Day (January 1), as a historical tribute to Haitian independence day in 1804 where newly freed slaves consumed the soup, a meal forbidden to them by their French masters. Ingredients in the soup tend to vary and is usually driven by the cook.

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
It's up there
But
🥦 and spinach >>>>>>

Legendary Super Saiyan Broly, I mean broccoli, is the 🐐 . :blessed:

Steamed, roasted, raw, stir fried. With different rices, with beef, with potatoes, by itself. :noah:

Didn't even know sweet potatoes counted as a vegetable and not just a starch. :dwillhuh:

Sweet potato "fries" are like people that smoke menthols thinking they're healthier. :stopitslime: