Texas to eliminate plumbing licenses Sept. 1 (Trade Brehs on notice)

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
Plumbers in Texas will no longer be subject to state regulations after lawmakers this week flushed the state plumbing code and the Texas State Board of Plumbing Examiners, a state agency that employed dozens and generated $5.2 million in revenue in 2017.

Soon, anyone can call themselves a plumber without completing the agency-required education and tests, said Roger Wakefield, master plumber and owner of Texas Green Plumbing in Richardson. Wakefield, who has been a plumber for 40 years, said the industry is now "completely unregulated," and will lead to more unqualified workers entering the workforce.
Wakefield said he and other plumbers are calling Texas Gov. Greg Abbott and asking him to order lawmakers back to Austin for a special legislative session to remedy the situation. Abbott's press office did not respond to requests for comment, but the governor indicated on Twitter on Monday that he has no plans to reconvene legislators before the next regular session in 2021.

"Safety is at risk": Future of Texas plumbers' licensing and regulation uncertain after legislative impasse

I know a breh that spent a few yrs on his apprenticeship and just became an official plumber. shyt sucks to see after all those years of hard work :mjcry: What's worse is I see it as a warning to our brehs in trade positions. This COULD be a slippery slope to removing testing and licensing required to enter their trade, but time will tell. Any plumbers on here? Thoughts?

1970s HeRon Flow

Takin Penitentiary Chances
Daps
Reppin
Down Slauson Ave
Plumbers in Texas will no longer be subject to state regulations after lawmakers this week flushed the state plumbing code and the Texas State Board of Plumbing Examiners, a state agency that employed dozens and generated $5.2 million in revenue in 2017.

Soon, anyone can call themselves a plumber without completing the agency-required education and tests, said Roger Wakefield, master plumber and owner of Texas Green Plumbing in Richardson. Wakefield, who has been a plumber for 40 years, said the industry is now "completely unregulated," and will lead to more unqualified workers entering the workforce.
Wakefield said he and other plumbers are calling Texas Gov. Greg Abbott and asking him to order lawmakers back to Austin for a special legislative session to remedy the situation. Abbott's press office did not respond to requests for comment, but the governor indicated on Twitter on Monday that he has no plans to reconvene legislators before the next regular session in 2021.

"Safety is at risk": Future of Texas plumbers' licensing and regulation uncertain after legislative impasse

I know a breh that spent a few yrs on his apprenticeship and just became an official plumber. shyt sucks to see after all those years of hard work :mjcry: What's worse is I see it as a warning to our brehs in trade positions. This COULD be a slippery slope to removing testing and licensing required to enter their trade, but time will tell. Any plumbers on here? Thoughts?
If he just became an official plumber then he hasn't established himself anywhere yet, good thing is he can move anywhere and make money

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
:gucci: maybe I'm not understanding. But why

Sounds like an Anti-union move.
This. The way I see it (just my opinion) trades are on the rise and unions are likely to follow close behind. Could be a way to cut that problem before it has a chance to grow legs. I'm not seeing any talk just yet directly answering why but the fact that Abbott is willing to let it fall thru until next year speaks volumes.