The basketball shoe industry is being crushed by the athleisure wave

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
Mfs really can't hoop so you might as well get fresh plus hoop shoes don't go with what's considered fashionable now

Came in to say this and was kind of surprised that article didn't mention it.

The type of fitted jeans/pants/sweats that are popular now don't look good with bulky basketball shoes especially with how they're tapered at the ankle opening.

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
Motherfukkers definitely do wear ball sneaks with jeans like it’s cool :russ:

lames gonna be lame but I think ball sneaks are just too expensive. I wear ball sneaks to work out and obviously hoop in but if I buy some brons I will wear them until they fall apart. I’m going to get some Currys from Marshall’s next time I buy ball sneaks.

saturn7

Politics is an EXCHANGE!!!
Daps
Reppin
DMV Freedman
I dont hoop, what I look like lacing up some Hyperdunks to go pickup some peanut butter.
https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2017%2F06%2Fnike-react-hyperdunk-2017-3.jpg
I got those Hyper Dunks.

:mjlol:

The react cushioning is comfortable AF, which sold them for me.

Offthegrid

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nike fell off around 2010 I can't see myself wearing nike basketball shoes made after 02 in fashionable way all of the LeBron's are hit n miss the kds Kyrie's Steph's hardens etc don't wow me if it wasn't for retro nikes even they thotted out most classics with dumb colorways. I would be in designers n vans 247 n airmaxes alot of ppl don't Kno how to dress or put certain shoes together with certain types of jeans slacks and joggers:yeshrug: yeezy n donc been hipped to the retro vibe it started in 99 really it's reasons why 90s fashion always stays in style

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
Basketball shoes outside Jordan’s are WOAT to wear for fashion although I’m wearing some Air Challenge 3 to work for general comfort

Of course Europe introduced the drug and killed the past 12+ months with all the Louboutin, Balenciaga (and look-a-likes) and Alexander McQueen footwear that is on most fashionistas nowadays

For me can’t deal with chunky shoes anymore. Nike European-style designed shoes are the things to wear now e.g. TNs, Wovens, Footscapes, etc.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I read a very similar article a few years back. It was basically about how Nike/Air Jordans market share was in decline and how Under Armour was screwed with their latest Curry basketball shoes drop.

Basically pointed out how Kanye flipped things up with Yeezys, fashion became heavy into athleisure and Adidas rode the wave it continues to ride today.
adidas had a wave for literally 1.5 years. they don't have the designs and innovators to carry it. for majority of their existence Nike has spend in marketing what Adidas makes annually. to say the've been a distant second is an understatement.

when in comes to depth of models/designs nobody touching nike. if you follow design you know everybody right now is eating off their plate from adidas to balenciaga down to sketchers.

Under armour is still struggling to bridge that athleisure market. They might need to remain strictly performance.

The share of people that wear athletic shoes today on average daily has multiplied enormously for someone that remembers when wearing sneakers had you looked at as not having appropriate footwear to be most places as an adult. I won't credit Kanye for that though

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Basketball shoes outside Jordan’s are WOAT to wear for fashion although I’m wearing some Air Challenge 3 to work for general comfort

Of course Europe introduced the drug and killed the past 12+ months with all the Louboutin, Balenciaga (and look-a-likes) and Alexander McQueen footwear that is on most fashionistas nowadays

For me can’t deal with chunky shoes anymore. Nike European-style designed shoes are the things to wear now e.g. TNs, Wovens, Footscapes, etc.
I feel like a lot of that is nike japan not euro... jp.co drops revolutionized custom regional drops and quality standards