The biggest elephant in the room in most relationships: Women think they settled and could have done better

invalid

Banned
Daps
No, we don't.

"Damn... I let a good one get away.." What do you think that implies?
That there was something out there better for you.
And you let it slip away.

So we do have those thoughts.
However, as another breh stated, we don't take it out or hold it over the heads of the current women that we're with.
That's the difference.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
How is that any different than men in terms of thinking about the one who got away? This isn't some exclusive issue with women. People have options, especially if you're attractive and/or have your shyt together. But since most people are not the hottest or the richest there's always going to be some level of settling.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps

However, as another breh stated, we don't take it out or hold it over the heads of the current women that we're with.
That's the difference.
Does it? There could be several good ones no?

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law

That's the difference.
"I let a good one get away" =/= "I don't like her (current option) like that but she does XYZ so I'll be aight". If she "got away", you're acknowledging your own fuçk up, you're not making a comparison to the woman you so-called settled for.

@KidJSoul response captures this. Men are far more likely to deal with reality and/or adjust their scope of reality. We know Business Suit Beyonce and Cherokee at Law is not realistic in spite of being ideal.

Women cannot separate idealistic partners from realistic partners/standards for finding a partner largely because they were trained that they didn't need to.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
They only feel that why when your money lookin funny… If your bread is right trust she ain’t thinking about the next nikka or the nikka she use to mess :mjlol:

If she on the Amex accounts, got Marc Jacob and LV bags pushing that big body Benz GLS 2023 model and 2 decades deep in a marriage and still getting long stroked raw 4 times a week… A thought about she could’ve done better never crossed her mind because I’m the nikka she did better with :mjgrin:
:skip:

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
"I let a good one get away" =/= "I don't like her (current option) like that but she does XYZ so I'll be aight". If she "got away", you're acknowledging your own fuçk up, you're not making a comparison to the woman you so-called settled for.

@KidJSoul response captures this. Men are far more likely to deal with reality and/or adjust their scope of reality. We know Business Suit Beyonce and Cherokee at Law is not realistic in spite of being ideal.

Women cannot separate idealistic partners from realistic partners/standards for finding a partner largely because they were trained that they didn't need to.
This. I'd follow up by saying that most men are more likely to be satisfied/content with their wife if she fits their baseline criteria. They won't wanna mess it up (assuming he's not a cheater of course)

As where some women could literally have a good man, but that's not enough to satisfy them because he probably doesn't hit all her bases.

It all has to do with the fact that women require more from their ideal man than men require from their ideal women.

For a man, as long as she's attractive enough, not annoying, the sex is great and frequent, and doesn't seem like she's using you, that's good enough. Women need a man that's also attractive, not annoying, good sex, etc. but also tall, has a good enough salary, is ambitious enough, is more decisive, calm in tough moments, can be the emotional rock,

This is all generalizations of course. But there's a reason why always see married women wishing they "chose better" or chose a different man.

And :mjlol: at Cherokee at Law :mjlol: you should trademark that or put it in a sig that's gold.

SadimirPutin

Superstar
Daps
Newsflash.....women think they settled because they generally have wildly overinflated views of the men they think they deserve

Newsflash.....man men think they settled but we generally dont voice that opinion ad nauseam.

I generally look for a peaceful spirit, physically attractive to me, a compatible sense of humor.....once those three are present I can generally work with the rest of the package.

Also she chose to "settle"......if she feel resentful go get the dude that you want or think you deserve....the romantic world is a marketplace....go test your value and let another woman love the man you despise

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
This. I'd follow up by saying that most men are more likely to be satisfied/content with their wife if she fits their baseline criteria. They won't wanna mess it up (assuming he's not a cheater of course)

As where some women could literally have a good man, but that's not enough to satisfy them because he probably doesn't hit all her bases.

It all has to do with the fact that women require more from their ideal man than men require from their ideal women.

For a man, as long as she's attractive enough, not annoying, the sex is great and frequent, and doesn't seem like she's using you, that's good enough. Women need a man that's also attractive, not annoying, good sex, etc. but also tall, has a good enough salary, is ambitious enough, is more decisive, calm in tough moments, can be the emotional rock,

This is all generalizations of course. But there's a reason why always see married women wishing they "chose better" or chose a different man.

And :mjlol: at Cherokee at Law :mjlol: you should trademark that or put it in an sig that's gold.
Tall is a factor of attractiveness.

Good enough salary and ambitious enough align with doesn’t seem like she’s using you.

Both genders have more than enough check marks. Women tend to verbalize it more then men.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law

And :mjlol: at Cherokee at Law :mjlol: you should trademark that or put it in a sig that's gold.
I did something better :mjgrin: