The Black Tax: The Cost of Being Black In America

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
What’s the name of the book?

edit - it’s the same book that he mentions in the beginning?
41IjRgAIrOL.jpg

it's this one
My brother met him in person and got me a copy

CoryMack

Superstar
Daps
The white people who count aren't under any illusions about why things are the way they are. It's the reason they - again, the whites who count - are the caretakers of the system that was created to give white people the advantages they have today. And no amount of lecturing or guilt-tripping or article/book writing is going to make them alter their system to make it more "fair."

Lectures like that are for people who need to hear something to feel better. It's like masturbating. Feels good but nothing comes out of it. It's good information, I listened to the whole thing, but it's nothing more than theoretical conversation, which we've had plenty of for decades now while our position in this country has continued to stay stagnant and may have even gotten worse.

And for all that, the dude giving the lecture still says he lives in a white community - and the way he stressed it makes it sound like an ulta-white community - and has put his children in the hands of white teachers and his tax dollars toward the continued uplift of the white community he lives in.

CoryMack

Superstar
Daps
America is one big damn racist lie after another.

I read a study a while back that said that black boys that were raised in upper to middle class backgrounds were more likely to move DOWN in class than UP.

that's largely because those Blacks are put through a white educational system that has basically destroyed them by the time they graduate from high school. And those it hasn't it's conditioned to work as hard as they can to assimilate as much as they can. Go for the job at a white company and marry a white woman and live in a white neighborhood, and outside of theoretical lip service stay away from everything Black.

BlackJesus

Spread science, save with coupons
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
The white people who count aren't under any illusions about why things are the way they are. It's the reason they - again, the whites who count - are the caretakers of the system that was created to give white people the advantages they have today. And no amount of lecturing or guilt-tripping or article/book writing is going to make them alter their system to make it more "fair."

Lectures like that are for people who need to hear something to feel better. It's like masturbating. Feels good but nothing comes out of it. It's good information, I listened to the whole thing, but it's nothing more than theoretical conversation, which we've had plenty of for decades now while our position in this country has continued to stay stagnant and may have even gotten worse.

And for all that, the dude giving the lecture still says he lives in a white community - and the way he stressed it makes it sound like an ulta-white community - and has put his children in the hands of white teachers and his tax dollars toward the continued uplift of the white community he lives in.

The same could be said about your post.:stopitslime:

Except no one cares or will be impacted by it on the same level as Mr. Rochesters book.

It'll become another pointless, smart-dumb post buried in time.:mjlol:

CoryMack

Superstar
Daps
The same could be said about your post.:stopitslime:

Except no one cares or will be impacted by it on the same level as Mr. Rochesters book.

It'll become another pointless, smart-dumb post buried in time.:mjlol:

nobody is going to be impacted by dude's book. he isn't the first person to point any of that out. Black people have been talking and writing about inequalities across the board in detail for at least the last 30-40 years.

i mean i'm sure it'll impress nikkas like you who don't know shyt, but even then the only value it'll have for someone like you will be in conversations with other new to info ass nikkas as you try to impress one another with what books you've read

BlackJesus

Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
nobody is going to be impacted by dude's book. he isn't the first person to point any of that out. Black people have been talking and writing about inequalities across the board in detail for at least the last 30-40 years.

i mean i'm sure it'll impress nikkas like you who don't know shyt, but even then the only value it'll have for someone like you will be in conversations with other new to info ass nikkas as you try to impress one another with what books you've read

Got multiple reps just from posting this. Got multiple posts in this very thread saying how helpful it was.

The author of that book was recognized by the UN for his work and speaks at prestigious universities and campuses.

How helpful or impactful are any of your posts in this thread? Hell have you done ANYTHING for black people and been recognized for it?

I rest my case.

Last edited:

CoryMack

Superstar
Daps
Got multiple reps just from posting this. Got multiple posts in this very thread saying how helpful it was.

How helpful or impactful are any of your posts in this thread?

I rest my case.

how wonderful. i listened to the whole thing too, so if "reps" and shyt like that is what moves you i'll "rep" you too.

my point is shyt like that is good for a listen/read when you don't have shyt else to do, but none of that info is new to anyone who was serious about Black people's situation to begin with. even if you didn't know specific details you most likely knew we're paid less than whites for the same jobs, judged more critically than whites, given less opportunity than whites, etc. did you have to read Michelle Alexander's book or hear her speak to know we're incarcerated at higher rates as well? my point we're out of time. we don't have time for theoretical studies and discussions anymore. Garvey's book was published 97 years ago, so for almost a century now we've known what we needed to do and why.

i just got done listening to claude anderson point out how for every 1 white person that dies of covid-19, 6 of us die. so you can keep on with shyt that really don't matter, but that last statistic i just gave you does. and like i said we're out of time.

now let me run and give you your precious "rep." you can have the last word too, i know how important shyt like that is to you nikkas.

sosaa

All Star
Daps
how wonderful. i listened to the whole thing too, so if "reps" and shyt like that is what moves you i'll "rep" you too.

my point is shyt like that is good for a listen/read when you don't have shyt else to do, but none of that info is new to anyone who was serious about Black people's situation to begin with. even if you didn't know specific details you most likely knew we're paid less than whites for the same jobs, judged more critically than whites, given less opportunity than whites, etc. did you have to read Michelle Alexander's book or hear her speak to know we're incarcerated at higher rates as well? my point we're out of time. we don't have time for theoretical studies and discussions anymore. Garvey's book was published 97 years ago, so for almost a century now we've known what we needed to do and why.

i just got done listening to claude anderson point out how for every 1 white person that dies of covid-19, 6 of us die. so you can keep on with shyt that really don't matter, but that last statistic i just gave you does. and like i said we're out of time.

now let me run and give you your precious "rep." you can have the last word too, i know how important shyt like that is to you nikkas.

i agree with u bro. we can theorize all we want but what's really important is action, and action with an 'agenda', not blind.

Deflatedhoopdreams

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Rucker
I remember the application/resume study. Literally the same resumes were chosen just off Cac sounding names alone :dwillhuh: Had a bird try to tell me that it’s not systematic like we don’t have to shoot 100% daily. I loved NWA but I honestly think this was the beginning of the new deconstruction of the Black race.

Someone tried to debate you on systematic racism?

BlackJesus

Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos

That's exactly what the book does. It gives specific details and specific details tells you just how much damage was done in dollars and cents. That can be useful politically. Smart-dumb negro's cannot grasp that.

And If you bothered to get a bit more background on the author you'd know that:

a) He is proposing actionable steps

b) He is actively working towards changing the status quo with his own businesses and connections

Neither of which you are doing. What you are doing is complaining. Which is worse than useless.

ReturnOfJudah

Veteran
Daps
Master P told you a long time ago
Real ghetto nikkaz can't be stopped
Got me mixing up dope with little j down at rap-a-lot
My phone tapped the feds on my tail
Got me paying luxury taxes on everything I build

EBK String

Better Ring String
Supporter
Daps
watching this made even more depressed than I already am.