The Denver nuggets will eventually retire number 15 and it won’t be Melo on the back

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Lol @ people saying they should retire both. That makes no sense. Do y'all even know what retiring a jersey means? It doesn't just mean hanging your name up in the rafters. It means no one ever plays with your number again. They clearly didn't do that for Melo. Can't retire it now. It would be meaningless.

Maybe the Olympic team can retire his jersey somehow out of respect.
The Knicks retired the #15 for Earl Monroe and later for dikk McGuire.

Bobby Gross and Terry Porter both had the #30 retired in Portland.

Rasille

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Jersey
Melo brought them back to relevance in the 2000’s. They were a laughingstock and a joke franchise; only the Clippers were worse during that timeframe. He decided HE wanted to move on so they treat him like he never meant anything to that organization.

concise

Veteran
Daps
Never said they were going out of business. They were ass for a while before they got Melo. How the fukk did they get a high draft pick to take him? Cause them nikkas sucked!

They had a losing record from 95 till Melo got there. I know what the fukk I’m talking about.

:heh:
So lotto picks who become all stars should get their numbers retired?

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Jokic >>>>> Melo

This shouldn’t even be a thread lmao

Jokic is the best player in nuggets history and already had a way better career than melo

No way am I comparing Melo to Jokic

If you been on the Coli long enough you know I’m one of the biggest Melo haters out there.
Probably his biggest hater according to Knicks fans :mjlol:

And I’m a big Jokic fan myself and his number should definitely be retired. Reread the OP and set your emotions aside and you’ll get what I’m trying to say

Last edited:

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Melo, as bad it sounds, prob won’t be remembered THAT fondly. Not like the Wade or Brons of his time. He’s still in the 1 % of the league, but he doesn’t have a pronounced enough impact to where the Nugs should feel forced to retire something for him, even if he didn’t share the number as their best player.

A way more interesting debate to me is if the Pels retire CP3’s number

Dreamchaser

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Melo, as bad it sounds, prob won’t be remembered THAT fondly. Not like the Wade or Brons of his time. He’s still in the 1 % of the league, but he doesn’t have a pronounced enough impact to where the Nugs should feel forced to retire something for him, even if he didn’t share the number as their best player.

A way more interesting debate to me is if the Pels retire CP3’s number
I tend to agree especially with how easy it is score nowadays. Being a high volume scorer isn't that great of skill set when everyone can do that.