The Game Confirms He's Off Interscope Records, Karen Civil Says He Was Dropped

LieutenantDan

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
BISD did not sell that in his first week

BISD isn't even sitting at those numbers now.

Show me a link proving your point as to why can't get a release date? I want facts breh.. not your opinion.

How many singles did 50 drop for SK? How many times has this album been pushed back since 2010?

Why did Dr.Dre and Jimmy Iovne bring Game back to Aftermath/Interscope from Geffen for his last two albums?

Why is Game doing an interview with Larry King?

If you want to let your weak ass emotions keep you from answering the questions don't respond to this post. Keep your opinion to yourself

BISD sold over 500k in america almost double what JP & RED sold in America. they barley sold more combined. and you said 50's LAST 2 albums stanley lol

50 was on Oprah & Larry King what does that mean? lmao

Game was never brought back to interscope and aftermath look at the credits and copyright on his albums.

50 will still sell more than game like he always does when/if he drops lol

10:31

Superstar
Daps
BISD sold over 500k in america almost double what JP & RED sold in America. they barley sold more combined. and you said 50's LAST 2 albums stanley lol

50 was on Oprah & Larry King what does that mean? lmao

Game was never brought back to interscope and aftermath look at the credits and copyright on his albums.

50 will still sell more than game like he always does when/if he drops lol

Where are the links? Here you go with your opinion again. You didn't answer one question with a link to support your claims...

WHY DID YOU RESPOND?? :laugh:

MiC

Pro
Daps
Game did 300k in 2012. Interscope won't release a 50 album cause they know there is no chance in hell he could even do 200k. 2008-2013 game has been a bigger rapper than 50. That's why he got the push and five oh got the shelf.

Superstar
Daps
@LieutenantDan http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.10579/title.game-officially-returns-to-aftermath-records

Game Officially Returns To Aftermath Records
by JAKE PAINE

posted February 07, 2010 at 2:02PM EST | 167 comments

Game-DrDre_08-1-2010.jpg

After working with Dr. Dre in recent months, Game says he's back with the A, and takes photographs of him donning the Aftermath chains once more.

Saturday afternoon, rapper Game officially announced his return to Aftermath Records. The announcement, made via the Compton star rapper's Twitter page (@IHateGame), comes after pictures and statements already confirming Game's musical reunion with one of his early mentors, Dr. Dre.

Claiming, "It's funny how things come full circle. R.E.D." Game linked to a photograph of him wearing four Aftermath medallions on chain necklaces. R.E.D. is the title of Game's spring album, which may now carry the Aftermath logo.

Having released his multi-platinum debut, The Documentary on G-Unit/Aftermath/Interscope in 2005, the Black Wall Street founder would later release his two subsequent releases 2006's The Doctor's Advocate and 2008's L.A.X. on Geffen Records. Geffen, a sister-label to Interscope in the IGA (Interscope-Geffen-A&M) family. Many believed these actions were due to tension between Game and 50 Cent, Dr. Dre and even Interscope head Jimmy Iovine.

By returning to Aftermath, Game joins Eminem, 50 Cent, as well as two newer artists Slim Da Mobster and this week's DXnext artist, Hayes. Throughout his career, Game has worked with Aftermath producers including DJ Khalil, Hi-Tek and of course, Dre.

Earlier this week, Game released the Sam Cooke-sampling "Shake" , produced by Cool & Dre, which will be likely included on R.E.D.

HipHopDX will keep you updated.

Daps
Reppin
Capsule Corp
No one cared about 50s last two albums which is why he can't get a release date?

I swear you nikkas let your emotions get in the way of your analysis. Game is doing an interview with Larry King. So people must care. His last album pushed over 300K with no push from his label..

wale and Meek Mill aren't there yet

Big Sean isn't there yet

Pusha T would love those numbers for MNIMN

2 chainz won't see it if hes lucky
stop making shyt up he didnt push over 300k, meek mill did twice as much as game first week and has sold more overall and wale has already sold more albums than game overall

OnlyInCalifornia

Southern California/Vegas
Daps
Reppin
The Coli's 420th member
You can't get dropped unless there was a deal in place.

So it is possible he was dropped, if he signed another deal when they moved him over to Geffen. If he stayed under the original contract then he wasn't dropped. :yeshrug:

He needs to get picked up by a label that can push him. He can't do it himself.

Superstar
Daps
@LieutenantDan http://www.sohh.com/2009/11/50_cents_before_i_self_destruct_moves_16.html

50 CENT'S "BEFORE I SELF DESTRUCT" MOVES 161K, LANDS NO. 5
WEDNESDAY, NOV 25, 2009 9:30AM

Written by Cyrus Langhorne

RELATED ARTICLES
50-cent-bisd-album-2009-10-01.jpg

50 Cent's long-awaited Before I Self Destruct has moved 161,200 copies in its first-week and has landed No. 5 on the Top 200 charts.

Fif's fourth solo project lost the top spot to singer John Mayerwho sold 285,700 records in his first week.

50 Cent's highly-anticipated Before I Self Destruct debuted on the charts this week landing at No. 5. After a solid seven days in stores plus sales from iTunes, 50's new album has moved 161,200 copies. (Sales Wrap)
Speaking with radio personality Funkmaster Flex last week, Fif stressed his inability to battle an international leak.

"With the actual outcome of the project, once the record leaks from the international plant, what more can I do," 50 explained in an interview. "I can't, I held the record long enough to get it to them, to mix and master it and for them to ship it and then it leaks from the plant internationally, I'm like come on, then that's it. They lost the ball. You know what I mean, if the numbers look funny to me, it's they fault." (Hot 97)
Writing via Twitter, Game playfully taunted 50's speculated 150,00 first-week projections.

"I'm startin a trending topic #help50goGOLD .," he wrote Monday (November 24). "if you'd like to contribute to my old friends sub-par album sales please just "RETWEET" this." (Game's Twitter)
Based off one-day estimates, 50's fourth solo project was slated to land in the Top 5.

Like an NFL coaching staff making in-game adjustments on the fly, Interscope's Jimmy Iovine and Steve Berman did some last-minute maneuvering around the release of 50 Cent's Before I Self Destruct following worldwide Internet leaks weeks prior to the original street date. In rapid succession, they pushed forward the physical release date from Nov. 23 to Nov. 17 -- the soonest the CD could be manufactured and shipped -- while also working out a one-week exclusive with iTunes for the digital album, to take effect Nov. 10. In return, iTunes agreed to go against its standard policy and "locked" the album, with only the single available a la carte, selling 46k album downloads during the exclusive window. Additionally, the compilers of the charts agreed to include the initial iTunes sales in the total for first week of general release, which is now looking in the 140-150k range. That won't challenge Columbia's John Mayer, now a lock for #1 with 275-300k. (Hits Daily Double)​

LieutenantDan

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Game did 300k in 2012. Interscope won't release a 50 album cause they know there is no chance in hell he could even do 200k. 2008-2013 game has been a bigger rapper than 50. That's why he got the push and five oh got the shelf.
Where are the links? Here you go with your opinion again. You didn't answer one question with a link to support your claims...

WHY DID YOU RESPOND?? :laugh:

Mic you're an excellent troll, LMAO

"Before I Self Destruct," which featured the single "Baby By Me" and guest spots by Eminem and Ne-Yo, has sold 500,000 copies, according to Nielsen SoundScan

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/the-juice/499426/50-cent-promises-july-album-release

℗ 2012 DGC/Interscope Records
℗ 2012 DGC/Interscope Records

Game was on a subsidiary of interscope, not aftermath
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/jesus-piece-deluxe-version/id577705255
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/the-r.e.d.-album/id455366987

There isn't any point in time you can say Game was a bigger artist than 50 Cent

Superstar
Daps
[/quote]

Even in the face of facts you respond with links reaffirm what I stated.

He was resigned to Aftermath.

50 isn't at 691K like you stated.

What are these words :wow:

Where is 691K from?

I thought Game didn't finish his 5 album deal on Aftermath?

:laugh:

Daps
Reppin
Capsule Corp
@LieutenantDan http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.10579/title.game-officially-returns-to-aftermath-records

Game Officially Returns To Aftermath Records
by JAKE PAINE

posted February 07, 2010 at 2:02PM EST | 167 comments

Game-DrDre_08-1-2010.jpg

After working with Dr. Dre in recent months, Game says he's back with the A, and takes photographs of him donning the Aftermath chains once more.

Saturday afternoon, rapper Game officially announced his return to Aftermath Records. The announcement, made via the Compton star rapper's Twitter page (@IHateGame), comes after pictures and statements already confirming Game's musical reunion with one of his early mentors, Dr. Dre.

Claiming, "It's funny how things come full circle. R.E.D." Game linked to a photograph of him wearing four Aftermath medallions on chain necklaces. R.E.D. is the title of Game's spring album, which may now carry the Aftermath logo.

Having released his multi-platinum debut, The Documentary on G-Unit/Aftermath/Interscope in 2005, the Black Wall Street founder would later release his two subsequent releases 2006's The Doctor's Advocate and 2008's L.A.X. on Geffen Records. Geffen, a sister-label to Interscope in the IGA (Interscope-Geffen-A&M) family. Many believed these actions were due to tension between Game and 50 Cent, Dr. Dre and even Interscope head Jimmy Iovine.

By returning to Aftermath, Game joins Eminem, 50 Cent, as well as two newer artists Slim Da Mobster and this week's DXnext artist, Hayes. Throughout his career, Game has worked with Aftermath producers including DJ Khalil, Hi-Tek and of course, Dre.

Earlier this week, Game released the Sam Cooke-sampling "Shake" , produced by Cool & Dre, which will be likely included on R.E.D.

HipHopDX will keep you updated.
A HipHopDX article from 3 years ago is more reliable than album credits?:usure:

LieutenantDan

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Even in the face of facts you respond with links reaffirm what I stated.

He was resigned to Aftermath.

50 isn't at 691K like you stated.

What are these words :wow:

Where is 691K from?

I thought Game didn't finish his 5 album deal on Aftermath?

:laugh:

691k is the first week sales from Curtis you moron. LMAO everything i said was correct.