The hatred for Mutants in the Marvel Universe has never made sense to me

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And sometimes they make a good point to that allegory.......other times not so much
1292411-n1.jpg
http://goodcomics.comicbookresource...and-i-go-mine-kitty-prydes-use-of-the-n-word/
:scust:

FLATOP

Superstar
Daps
If Professor X and Magneto supposed to be a Civil Rights analogues, then how come there aint more black X-Men?

DBi4sVM.png

Rhapture

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
You have all sorts of superpowered people walking around the world but yet mutants recieve all the hate? :dahell:
Mutants get hate because they are a mysterious phenomenon in the Marvel Universe. Everyone knows that Bruce Banner is the Hulk because of Gamma Radiation, Everyone knows the Fantastic Four are the way they are because they were caught in a cosmic rays, The Government knows Captain America is a product of the super soldier serum and so on. No one knows what makes someone a mutant. They can't explain why the quiet kid with the glasses all of a sudden started shooting lasers from his eyes or how the girl with white hair made the rain go away or how the kid who fell out the tree did not break any bones. Is it evolution, pollution, radiation? No one knows?

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What he said. Also you gotta remember the x men were around during the infancy of the universe so it made more sense for the hatred then before it just became overwhelmed with super powered people. But even then, most of those are science experiments. Mutants are identified early on as having the mutant gene, almost like jewish people in concentration camps
Exactly. Spiderman had to go to the xmen like am I a mutant and shyt . It was much diffrent then

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mutants get hate because they are a mysterious phenomenon in the Marvel Universe. Everyone knows that Bruce Banner is the Hulk because of Gamma Radiation, Everyone knows the Fantastic Four are the way they are because they were caught in a cosmic rays, The Government knows Captain America is a product of the super soldier serum and so on. No one knows what makes someone a mutant. They can't explain why the quiet kid with the glasses all of a sudden started shooting lasers from his eyes or how the girl with white hair made the rain go away or how the kid who fell out the tree did not break any bones. Is it evolution, pollution, radiation? No one knows?
Well they know that the mutants are the future and that scares them . Like homo superior showed up way too early and Homo sapiens are :francis::mjcry::sadcam::wtf::damn: he can read my mind and this other guy got claws and a shades wearing dude who can fukk my bytch

Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever
You have all sorts of superpowered people walking around the world but yet mutants recieve all the hate? :dahell:

Captain America "does it the right way" :mjpls:

Wolverine, "act like you've been there before" :mjpls:

Black Widow is "deceptively athletic" :mjpls:

Storm weather ability is troublesome and needs to be held under control :mjpls:

Hulk is so "passionate" and "just wants it more":mjpls:

Cyclops is "aggressive" and "uncoachable":mjpls:

The_Truth

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It's deeper than that..they were actually born with mutant powers. Everyone else were imbued or magically transformed or gamma radiation or bitten by spiders or given powers by demons like Ghost Rider or given a magic hammer like Thor or given super serum like Captain America. Symbiotes like Carnage and Venom. Yadda, yadda. Mutants were actually born to be SUPERIOR.
If a motha fucca has the power to destroy an entire city in the blink of an eye, are you really gonna care whether or not he was born with that power?:usure:
Bottom line, the motha fucca can destroy an entire city in the blink of an eye! :damn:Nobody got time to worry about HOW he got the shyt.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
It never made sense to me either. I understand it was a metaphor for black people in America back in the 1960's when the X-Men first made their debut but now it doesn't make sense. Gambit is hated because he was born with his powers but Mr. Fantastic is loved but got his powers through a accident. When people keep saying Marvel needs to get back the X-Men film rights I just shake my head. The X-Men films work better because in their movie universe the Avengers, Fantastic Four, the Hulk, etc don't exist. Nobody with powers exist except mutants.

It would actually make more sense if everybody with super powers was feared and hated instead of just mutants.

Jimi Swagger

I say whatever I think should be said
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Turtle Island to DXB
Metaphor makes no sense when you factor in all of the other super-powered beings in the Marvel U that are beloved and accepted.
To use the black people angle it would be like if people were only racist against black people of Caribbean descent but were perfectly fine with all other black people.

Touche. I don't care for most Jamaicans and neither do my parents; love the food, music, culture etc but not the people. Mad love for everyone else.