Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Woodcrest
The Hip Hop Is Alive Thread

Play this song while reading below if you're new. This is the vibe we're on
:ahh:

This is a space where listeners young and old can put each other on to great music and talented artists in hip hop today. If it's conscious, music to smoke to, melodic, or whatever else, nothing is off limits in here

I'll post newly released songs and albums in here at least once every week. I strongly encourage everyone to do the same. Don't be afraid to post what you like and feel proves the genre is still striving

Songs of the week YouTube playlists will be posted every Sunday and songs of the month playlists will be posted at the beginning of every month for the previous month

There will be artist/song/album of the month polls with collective input from yall on who and what should be voted on. Year end polls and discussions of all the categories will be had too

This is also a place where we can have general discussion about what's going on in the culture. Trends, up and coming producers, overlooked unsigned rappers, so on and so forth

Let's keep this thread positive. You can criticize but don't overdo it while adding nothing of value. We're changing the narrative of The Booth in here, enlightening each other and spreading our love for the music

Let's open our minds and appreciate all of the artistry within the culture today
:blessed:

LiveSaver of the month ( December 2022)

Ab-Soul

After a nearly 6 year hiatus, Soul came through with some of the best bars of the year and one of the best albums of 2022. He proved that he is still lyrically matched with very few

Honorable Mentions:

Sauce Walka
Alchemist
Ransom
Mount Westmore
Stalley
Boldy
Metro Boomin

LiveSaving album of the month (December 2022)

Herbert - Ab-Soul

Honorable Mentions:

Sauce Walka
Alchemist
Ransom
Mount Westmore
Stalley
Boldy
Metro Boomin

Previous Livesavers
LiveSaver of the month (November 2022)

Nas

Kings Disease 3 is a masterclass of upper echelon raps and beats. Nas was the Artist of the year in our 2021 edition after dropping KD2, Magic, and multiple top tier features

After dropping arguably the best album of his Post-Nasir run this month, the man who once said Hip Hop Is Dead is ironically proving himself wrong, keeping the genre alive with everything he releases

Honorable Mentions:

Brockhampton
38 Spesh
Boldy James
Bishop Nehru
Dave East
Glorilla

LiveSaving album of the month

Kings Disease 3

Honorable Mentions
Flamerz 5 - Meek Mill (datpiff)
Book Of David - Dave East
Mr. Ten08 - Boldy
Brockhamptons final 2 albums

Songs of the year playlists

2023 COMING SOON

Artist of the year

Nas

Kendrick

COMING SOON

Original post
Hip hop isn't where it used to be but there's still alot of great music out there. Post recently released songs that prove it

Posters who feel like quality is lacking in the music these days, listen to the songs in this thread

Let this be a palate cleanse

Last edited:

A Pimp Named Slickback

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Woodcrest
BETTER was legit...a looooot of fire albums came out last year, and I'm still discovering some

Bro this nikka is disgusting.

Hip Hop is alive

Don't let the mainstream drill/autotune crooning/thot rap music make you believe the genre is dying. There's many more cats like Deante putting out dope shyt

Imma post more in a few