The Legend of Korra

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
The original series shyts all over Korra. It has a better cast, it's funnier, It was a more cohesive story, it maintains it's consistency and gets better thought. Korra had one great season (3) one solid one (1) one acceptable one (4) and one crap one (2)

Meanwhile the worst season of the original series was the first one because it started a little slow but by the midpoint it was good and it never dipped below that. Korra's quality was all over the place and the second season was so bad it almost killed the show.

I like both series, but as far as the story being more cohesive, that's more on the network than the writers.

The original series was planned to be three seasons from the start, so they planned the story around that. With Korra, it was originally going to just be a miniseries, and they didn't even know if they would get a second season (much less more) so they had to make each season a self-contained story. Otherwise they'd run the risk of having a cliffhanger that never got resolved.

Kane

#BonesGANG
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
In addition tot those, I'd say Amon and maybe Zaheer would give her the business.

Amon - you can't really do too much about being bloodbent. And this dude Zaheer was an airbender for like a week and learned how to fly...something even Aang and Tenzin couldn't do. Imagine if he had a couple years to pracatice. Toph in her prime might also give Azula that work.

I agree that Amon would give her (and the vast majority of people) that work, but Zaheer actually wasn't that great an airbender.

If you remember, Tenzin gave him that work when they fought one on one.

The ability to fly has nothing to do with your fighting skill level, it's all about detaching from earthly tethers, which is a spiritual thing.

I think Aang and Tenzin easily could've got to that level, but they had families keeping them attached to the Earth.

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
That's the thing tho. You dealing I'm hypothetical situations who's to say prime iroh and zuko don't give her that work?
True. Plus I'm just :noah: for Azula in general so there's that :francis:

So who's the best bender in the whole series in your opinion? No hypotheticals. Going by what we've seen and what whe know for sure?

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
I agree that Amon would give her (and the vast majority of people) that work, but Zaheer actually wasn't that great an airbender.

If you remember, Tenzin gave him that work when they fought one on one.

The ability to fly has nothing to do with your fighting skill level, it's all about detaching from earthly tethers, which is a spiritual thing.

I think Aang and Tenzin easily could've got to that level, but they had families keeping them attached to the Earth.
Exactly. As a fighter he was average at best. But while locked up for so long his mental strength had reached unheard of heights. Which allowed him to fly. But his skills as a bender were slightly above average at best.

Korra would have killed him after she froze his legs with a water shot. She went in for the death blow and then the poison took over.

Zaheer is above average at best.

TenZin is a master air bender though.

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
He wasn't annoying, angsty, and stupid like Korra was though. Korra was a blockhead the whole show until the very end. Her character development wasn't a good arc to watch.
I loved korra because she felt real aang just was to happy all the time. His only emotion was joy he mourned his entire culture for one episode :jay74:

Zuko chasing him around the world and this nikka still joking around and shyt :imnotblack:

Korra responded with her challenges like most teenage thots would:yeshrug:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
True. Plus I'm just :noah: for Azula in general so there's that :francis:

So who's the best bender in the whole series in your opinion? No hypotheticals. Going by what we've seen and what whe know for sure?

In terms of pure talent, it's probably between Toph, Amon, and Ozai.

Exactly. As a fighter he was average at best. But while locked up for so long his mental strength had reached unheard of heights. Which allowed him to fly. But his skills as a bender were slightly above average at best.

Korra would have killed him after she froze his legs with a water shot. She went in for the death blow and then the poison took over.

Zaheer is above average at best.

TenZin is a master air bender though.

Nah, you're underrating Zaheer something serious.

Consider how long Tenzin has been airbending (his whole life...and he was in his 50s) compared to how long Zaheer had been airbending (like a week). And he was still almost as good as Tenzin. You'd have to have incredible talent to pick up a bending style that fast. With a little more time, Zaheer would have been unstoppable.

Arris

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
In terms of pure talent, it's probably between Toph, Amon, and Ozai.

Nah, you're underrating Zaheer something serious.

Consider how long Tenzin has been airbending (his whole life...and he was in his 50s) compared to how long Zaheer had been airbending (like a week). And he was still almost as good as Tenzin. You'd have to have incredible talent to pick up a bending style that fast. With a little more time, Zaheer would have been unstoppable.
Nah he was washing him pretty easily, he wasn't going toe to toe with tenzin at all. Couldn't touch him all while tenzin had to watch out for pl'li:francis:

NoGutsNoGLory

Superstar
Daps
much more adult to me and it is better to me:wow:

only wack season is the 2nd just like the goat show: The WIRE :francis:

korra feels a lot more like an actual person aang felt too goofy to me. :beli:
:wtf: He was like 12. I wasn't a fan of the setting in Korra. The ancient Chinese/Asian style they were going for was very beautiful. I didn't like the whole roaring 20s thing.