The Legend of Korra

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
In terms of pure talent, it's probably between Toph, Amon, and Ozai.

Nah, you're underrating Zaheer something serious.

Consider how long Tenzin has been airbending (his whole life...and he was in his 50s) compared to how long Zaheer had been airbending (like a week). And he was still almost as good as Tenzin. You'd have to have incredible talent to pick up a bending style that fast. With a little more time, Zaheer would have been unstoppable.
nah Tenzin was winning that fight handidly, it was really only until he had the numbers game that Tenzin lost.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
:dahell:

I thought Korra was a better character than Aang tbh. I abs. Loved her development.
Most of what Korra did was rush into something too much for her to handle blowing off the advice and wisdom of anybody wiser than her. She was constantly a victim of her own stupidity and arrogance. She only learned her lesson at the very end after she went through her whole emo phase. Aang was wiser than her and Korra was in her 20s when the show ended.

Kane

#BonesGANG
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Most of what Korra did was rush into something too much for her to handle blowing off the advice and wisdom of anybody wiser than her. She was constantly a victim of her own stupidity and arrogance. She only learned her lesson at the very end after she went through her whole emo phase. Aang was wiser than her and Korra was in her 20s when the show ended.

This perfectly sums Korra up.

Her character development was cool and all but she was annoying af for the majority of the show.

Aang was not only more cool-headed and crafty, he was much more enjoyable to watch. That matters more to me than Korra being a realistic portrayal of a female.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
This perfectly sums Korra up.

Her character development was cool and all but she was annoying af for the majority of the show.

Aang was not only more cool-headed and crafty, he was much more enjoyable to watch. That matters more to me than Korra being a realistic portrayal of a female.
That's my point Korra's character was never really developed. She was static for 95% of the show and at the tail end the turned a corner and it ended at almost the same time. It wouldn't have been so bad if she wasn't so angsty. That's what made her annoying. She was the type of person that wanted to be important and relevant but had no idea how to realize it so she'd do any dumb thing she could think of or other people presented to her just to feel like she mattered.

I get the point was to create a main character that was different than Aang but honestly I would have much preferred a second series that was dedicated to Aang and the gang as adults and the founding of Republic City than the Legend of Korra.

Kane

#BonesGANG
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
That's my point Korra's character was never really developed. She was static for 95% of the show and at the tail end the turned a corner and it ended at almost the same time. It wouldn't have been so bad if she wasn't so angsty. That's what made her annoying. She was the type of person that wanted to be important and relevant but had no idea how to realize it so she'd do any dumb thing she could think of or other people presented to her just to feel like she mattered.

I get the point was to create a main character that was different than Aang but honestly I would have much preferred a second series that was dedicated to Aang and the gang as adults and the founding of Republic City than the Legend of Korra.

I agree with your assessment of Korra but I honestly don't think the change was as drastic and "out of nowhere" as you do.

I think there was a noticeable change in her character, starting from when she realized she shouldn't have dropped Tenzin as her mentor in book 2.

Even if you exclude book 4, Korra wasn't nearly as hard-headed and stubborn in book 3 as she was in book 1. We'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

A series based on the founding of Republic City would've been, and still would be dope.

It seems like the comics are heading towards that direction but it would be cool to see it animated. Even if we never see it I'm still happy with LOK.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Meh, rather than going back to Aang I'd rather see the next Avatar after Korra. I'd imagine the next Avatar to be the opposite of Korra/Aang. Probably smarter than Korra but not as athletic and probably would try to avoid getting involved in anything even when he/she should (unlike Korra who jumped into situations and Aang who was forced to) on some "that ain't my problem" ish.

If I'm not mistaken the next Avatar is due to be an Earthbender, so it'd also be interesting to see if the Earth Kingdom is stable years into the future.

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
:wtf: He was like 12. I wasn't a fan of the setting in Korra. The ancient Chinese/Asian style they were going for was very beautiful. I didn't like the whole roaring 20s thing.
i understand that he 12 but when i was his age i was not joking about shyt. i was catching bodies :leostare:

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
much more adult to me and it is better to me:wow:

only wack season is the 2nd just like the goat show: The WIRE :francis:

korra feels a lot more like an actual person aang felt too goofy to me. :beli:
Not to me, the only annoying thing to me was when he was on that " i can't kill ozai" dude became a bit too "goody two shoes " for me. i was listening to him and being like

NiYa1GX.gif

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
So who's the best bender in the whole series in your opinion? No hypotheticals. Going by what we've seen and what whe know for sure?
Amon... dude took no real L & only died cause his brother behind his back... he casually doin what Aang had to be in avatar state to do... Korra had to go avatar state to undo what he was doin left & right... When Korra unlocked airbending she caught him by surprise & he still coulda killed her & makko if he wanted... Toph got next...
Nah, you're underrating Zaheer something serious.
Consider how long Tenzin has been airbending (his whole life...and he was in his 50s) compared to how long Zaheer had been airbending (like a week). And he was still almost as good as Tenzin. You'd have to have incredible talent to pick up a bending style that fast. With a little more time, Zaheer would have been unstoppable.
Nah he was washing him pretty easily, he wasn't going toe to toe with tenzin at all. Couldn't touch him all while tenzin had to watch out for pl'li:francis:
Be real wit this... Zaheer picked up so quick cause he was a airbender stan his whole life, he learned to fly from readin whatever dudes message.. he wasnt a prodigy & tenzin gave him that work... he studied their style before he could bend so he applied it... he seperated his ties wit the combustion chick & flew... he wasnt seein the most powerful benders... Amon, Prime Azula, Toph... better fly your ass outta there...

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Meh, rather than going back to Aang I'd rather see the next Avatar after Korra. I'd imagine the next Avatar to be the opposite of Korra/Aang. Probably smarter than Korra but not as athletic and probably would try to avoid getting involved in anything even when he/she should (unlike Korra who jumped into situations and Aang who was forced to) on some "that ain't my problem" ish.

If I'm not mistaken the next Avatar is due to be an Earthbender, so it'd also be interesting to see if the Earth Kingdom is stable years into the future.
I thought the series was over with.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I actually just watched the entire series over the past week. I gotta say, I was disappointed overall.there were moents here and there but too far and few between. Despite being a more mature age group, the storyline had a smaller scope and was less serious than ATLAB. Initially, I thought Korra was a refreshing take on the new Avatar. Someone who was head strong and rather aggressive that would get her into situations that require more than brute power as opposed to Aang who was completely opposite due to that aggression being against Aang's Air Monk teachings and needed more spiritual based power. However, she routinely was overpowered by people who she should not have been. I liked how she would be willing to start a fight rather than run from one but the problem was that despite being more versed in her usage of bending, she came across weaker overall.

In fact, I thought the power scaling of all benders in the show were noticeably weaker than the originals. Almost as if they intended to nerf bending in order to make the non-benders more threatening. The scale of flames were smaller, the earth bending was smaller, the water bending was damn near non-existent with the exception of Amon but his power almost seemed non-canon dbz movie status. He was able to take people's bending and bloodbend yet the power scale as to when he used his waterbending was not significant enough to warrant that level of so-called mastery. shyt like that is what pissed me off about the show. They lost the spiritual and martial art side that made the original better and the benders better I think by having this Industrialist Age come about and maybe thats why the power of bending in general is nerfed due to the lack of spiritual connections. Or maybe, it was just animated in such a way where its smaller. Who knows, I just know it bothered me. Korra, despite having mastery of 3 elements for almost 18yrs was losing to regular ass benders and getting that work from non-bending martial artists. Aang, having absolutely no mastery of any element other than Air would not lose to even top tier benders. Its just weird to me that they would do it like that. I would say, Korra should be more versed in bending since she was bending fire, water and earth as a toddler and should also have more power being a brolic as hell and 5-8 years Aang's senior with extensive Avatar specific training for 15 years, where as Aang had none.

Benders in LOK seemed more advanced in regard to specialty techniques that were either created during Aang's time or rarely seen though like metal bending or lava/lightning (to a smaller degree) but lack the raw power of the originals. There were times where Korra was obviously nerfed for plot reasons that made fights stupid to me. Much of it was her fragile psyche even from first seeing Amon take bending away. She was more scared than she should have been and spent the next 3 Books being aggressive against scrubs and timid against the real threats. I personally enjoyed the fight she had with Zaheer when she was hopping around like Ozai because she had brief moments of being that predatory before the poison kicked in. Other than that, she was weak and fought with no technique. She should have washed everyone except for when she was poisoned and it affected her but she lost to random henchman too much. Silly stuff like her weak airbending during the fight with Kuvina yet, two non-master airbenders make a tornado that holds off the entire army, Kuvina included. Its just too inconsistent to enjoy the fights. So im left with the story and that was not as well written as I would have liked. Mako's interactions with Korra and Asami was kinda funny most times and Toph's daughters stories were cool but not expanded enough on. Beric and Bolin were comedy but aside from that, not that interesting. Then the whole lesbian thing at the end seemed out of place but I didnt really care at that point. Korra had tons of potential for writing as a character. She was a strong woman with a drive but was also a late teenager becoming a woman and they jut barely touched on that. It was an enjoyable show, just not as heavy as ATLAB despite trying to be. It was never able to elicit the emotional range that ATLAB did (mostly due to Zuko's storyline). It did a little bit when Amon's brother killed them. That was a powerful moment I think but the highlight of the show was the Wan Arc which had nothing to do with Korra. Unfortunate.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Not to me, the only annoying thing to me was when he was on that " i can't kill ozai" dude became a bit too "goody two shoes " for me. i was listening to him and being like

NiYa1GX.gif

Aang was raised a monk and a pretty much a pacifist. With the tone of the show I knew a fukk ass resolution to stopping Ozai was gonna crop up sooner or later. Either Ozai gonna get killed by some accident, honor suicide (like Admiral Zhao), or sent to some other dimension like the shadow realm. I just knew they weren't about to have a 12 year old kid just body the villain. When I saw the sea turtle explain energy bending I knew what was up :martin:

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
tumblr_ndlqitHN6s1qcgu0vo1_500.gif

izzysenpai:

It still blows my mind that they were able to slip a Beyonce reference into LOK I love it

crashlol:

i dont think anyone understands the irony of this. that dance scene is from ‘girls run the world’ and literally ten minutes later kuvira shows up and declares herself empress. not only is it a beyonce reference, but its a FORESHADOWING beyonce reference that’s hella relevant

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
Korra, despite having mastery of 3 elements for almost 18yrs was losing to regular ass benders and getting that work from non-bending martial artists. Aang, having absolutely no mastery of any element other than Air would not lose to even top tier benders. Its just weird to me that they would do it like that. I would say, Korra should be more versed in bending since she was bending fire, water and earth as a toddler and should also have more power being a brolic as hell and 5-8 years Aang's senior with extensive Avatar specific training for 15 years, where as Aang had none.... highlight of the show was the Wan Arc which had nothing to do with Korra. Unfortunate.

that was the point, did you miss that?? Aang woulda definately lost to the same dudes Korra lost to.. He was well versed in 1 skill & she kinda versed in 3 skills.. Korra was not a true "Master" in any of the elements, she was just the Avatar... She had the power & potential but lacked knowledge & skill, thats why a normal bender could give her that work... She was cocky cause she was the avatar & knew more elements & got shut down quick by a true master... Just like Aang Korra had to have teachers, just cause she bend dont mean she was a prodigy, as shown...

Just sayin though, that Wan arc, hated it, thought it was a waste of time... The one wit the spirit whatever where Korra wasnt there, hated it..

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
that was the point, did you miss that?? Aang woulda definately lost to the same dudes Korra lost to.. He was well versed in 1 skill & she kinda versed in 3 skills.. Korra was not a true "Master" in any of the elements, she was just the Avatar... She had the power & potential but lacked knowledge & skill, thats why a normal bender could give her that work... She was cocky cause she was the avatar & knew more elements & got shut down quick by a true master... Just like Aang Korra had to have teachers, just cause she bend dont mean she was a prodigy, as shown...

Just sayin though, that Wan arc, hated it, thought it was a waste of time... The one wit the spirit whatever where Korra wasnt there, hated it..

The problem is if she's been training this long and ISNT a master in any element its indicative of the problem. My point is she was stated as and presented as a master fire/water/earth bender (minus metal). Even if they were not stated as such, she has had VERY specialized training as the Avatar since she was a toddler. Thats atleast 15yrs of training. Not just typical training, but Avatar-specific training. Aang had no training whatsoever in anything but Air and despite being much younger, mastered Air before he even knew he was the Avatar. My point is the powerscaling in LOK was all wrong. Aang isnt getting worked by henchman and especially not the ones in LOK. He wouldnt lose to Amon, Zaheer or Kuvira and that would be with his limited knowledge of other bending. Aang was a much better martial artist than Korra and Amon was the main villian and took over an entire city just using martial arts. He used no bending until the very end. That shyt would not have happened to even a young Aang. I respect your opinion to disagree but I will not be moved on this.