The Moment its put into perspective how ICE COLD Troy Ave music is out here...

Daps
He still saying he needs at least 2 million to sign anywhere?

:stopitslime:

That 5 or 600K they may have been offering him probably looking GREAT right now considering his song never left NY radio.......

I know his manager who was bragging about all the meetings they were having and taking pictures of at offices is probably looking at his phone like :sadcam:

Meanwhile hearing "Hot nikka" all over the streets..............

It cracked my head sideways cause I'm around brooklyn a lot, even his hood and I've never. I repeat I've never heard his music being played. I hear everything else. I've even heard Iggy Azaelia. Even more rediculous I've even heard a car playing classical fukking BEETHOVEN! But Troy? No play.

Wait there was once:

Once I was walking in bedstuy, and at a red light someone was playing Hot 97 (heard Angie's voice) and they started to fade in Troy Ave "my style", and the person immediately changed the station:mjlol:

Last edited:

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
It cracked my head sideways cause I'm around brooklyn a lot, even his hood and I've never. I repeat I've never heard his music being played. I hear everything else. I've even heard Iggy Azaelia. Even more rediculous I've even heard a car playing classical fukking BEETHOVEN! But Troy? No play.

Wait there was once:

Once I was walking in bedstuy, and at a red light someone was playing Hot 97 (heard Angie's voice) and they started to fade in Troy Ave "my style" --and the person immediately changed the station:mjlol:

That nikka is so lame to me...

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This makes no sense at all....

Bobby Shmurda, Chief Keef and plenty of other rappers come off as more "street" than Troy Ave.

How is Troy Ave more of a street rapper than the next nikka?

I'll clarify.

Street artists chase mainstream success and usually try to sign to a major. They need radio, cosigns, features, etc. To do this in 2014 you have to be part of a new scene (drill, Schmoney dance). Keef's album didn't sell much and his buzz isn't there anymore. We'll see what Schmurda can do sales wise but he's signed. It's a lot harder path to take since labels are struggling and aren't giving out deals. Troy has nothing new to offer other than music so he's struggling.

Underground/non street artists have more global opportunities and broader fanbase potential. Chance, Zombies, Joey, Odd Future are doing festivals here and abroad without radio or features. They sell a ton of merch. All of this is done without radio, features, or majors. Besides OF they're doing this off mixtapes and youtube.

From a business standpoint street artists are at a disadvantage if they don't get a deal.

Daps
"Its dark so all i see is a silhouette of a flattop :flabbynsick: "

:laff:

I actually tried to support this nikka & buy a copy of that NYC cd since i like it so much and nikkas tried to zoe me. After a month i remembered I ordered that shyt & filed that claim w/ paypal to get my money back.

I actually tried to be a lightweight fan cause I liked some of his tracks and he had a Mase flow.

So I was going to fukk with his music on some fast food throwaway shyt.

Then I seen breh perform on CW11 morning show, a D list morning show:snoop:

Then seen him rocking a bulletproof vest:dahell:

And just the way he's in Elliot Wilson interview insisting he lived that life, nikka just comes off forced and corny as fukk.

It's embarrassing:snoop:

8====D

¡Vamos Spurs Vamos!
Daps
Reppin
210 | 334
So im walking back from the Deli at like 10PM. Im in Queens right off the Brooklyn border.

I hear a car bumping Troy Ave super loud. Im like what the fukk:dahell:

Cause I have never heard anybody bump Troy Ave anywhere. Not in his own hood Crown Heights, not anywhere in Brooklyn, much less Queens. I turn around and its a all black matte Jeep sumn like this:

52.jpg

I put two and two together and...

:ohhh:

:krs:
Troy_Ave_New_York_City-front-large.jpg
:krs:

He said in an interview he moved to Queens so I peer to try to get a closer look. The jeep then came to the stopsign with another car adjacent at the same time. The cars headlights shone through the jeep. Its dark so all i see is a silhouette of a flattop:flabbynsick:

Gotta be that nikka, cause who else would be bumping that goofy ass music like they proud of it:mjlol:

LrNMJ9F.gif

:zelhaha:

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
For real he really doesn't have the numbers and buzz for the pub hes getting but lets see what happens with him. I dont really like him cause I think for all the "im bringing NY back" talk he actually is more in line with the type of 2000s artist that fell NY off. But if he got them links eventually he might be sticking around...unfortunatley. He'll push himself tho

Non Sequitur

Creep.
Daps
Reppin
The 3rd Degree
For real he really doesn't have the numbers and buzz for the pub hes getting but lets see what happens with him. I dont really like him cause I think for all the "im bringing NY back" talk he actually is more in line with the type of 2000s artist that fell NY off. But if he got them links eventually he might be sticking around...unfortunatley. He'll push himself tho
Ace Hood is his ceiling. His CEILING. And even that would take an act of God.

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
Bobby shmurda put an end to any momentum Troy had. shyt is over and done with.
Someone needs to up that thread about how rappers act in interviews. I'm sure Troy will be pulling from that thread soon :dead:

Daps
Bobby shmurda put an end to any momentum Troy had. shyt is over and done with.
Someone needs to up that thread about how rappers act in interviews. I'm sure Troy will be pulling from that thread soon :dead:

Troy is like that lame trying to court a woman buying her drinks begging for her number, then a nikka like Shmurda swoop in, catch one dub and end up smashing in the bathroom stall.

No way when he hear Hot nikka he's not seething inside:russ:

Firefly

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Perfect example of How not to do it.

He had that classic 80's-90's NY arrogance but without any accomplishment. He starts celebrating way too early like he crossed the finish line meanwhile the Bobby Shmurda kid has fun and races right by him.

Rappers rarely have longevity past a song tho' No matter who they are or where they from. Just don't celebrate and act shytty to folks like you made it when u have a few fleeting accomplishments. Greatest lesson out this whole shyt.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
Troy is like that lame trying to court a woman buying her drinks begging for her number, then a nikka like Shmurda swoop in, catch one dub and end up smashing in the bathroom stall.

No way when he hear Hot nikka he's not seething inside:russ:

He'd never admit it, but he's been searching for a Hot nikka type song all his career.

I don't really listen to dude, Hot97 was trying their best to push him on people, dropping his name a lot, interviewing him etc. but every time I actually listened to his music I was underwhelmed.