The Moment its put into perspective how ICE COLD Troy Ave music is out here...

KingDanz

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Troy Ave looks like an extra from Lean on me
Something about his face seems like he'd be singing Fair Eastside in the boy's restroom with Sams and them.
He definitely got that throwback east coast face.
:dead:

Daps
Perfect example of How not to do it.

He had that classic 80's-90's NY arrogance but without any accomplishment. He starts celebrating way too early like he crossed the finish line meanwhile the Bobby Shmurda kid has fun and races right by him.

Rappers rarely have longevity past a song tho' No matter who they are or where they from. Just don't celebrate and act shytty to folks like you made it when u have a few fleeting accomplishments. Greatest lesson out this whole shyt.

The arrogance is classic New York though. It's fake it til you make it. That's not the problem manny rappers before him have been like that.

The problem is he just isn't that good. His songs are lukewarm at best, and he's copying another rapper tit for tat. His sing song is biting Max B, and the energy is all 50 Cent. If I wanted 50 cent I'll listen to 50 Cent. If I wanna hear Biggie I'm not going to listen to Guerilla Black.

Now add radio stations shoving him down our throats like he's an industry plant and it just magnifies the problem.

I tried to like the nikka but once I seen him in a bulletproof vest that shyt was over with:heh:

Daps
He'd never admit it, but he's been searching for a Hot nikka type song all his career.

I don't really listen to dude, Hot97 was trying their best to push him on people, dropping his name a lot, interviewing him etc. but every time I actually listened to his music I was underwhelmed.

His music sounds like he tried to trace a Max B coloring book and write his name like he's 50 Cent. He has no identity.

Add to the fact his fame is forced, it just reinforces the perception with more evidence that he is a poser.

Firefly

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The arrogance is classic New York though. It's fake it til you make it. That's not the problem manny rappers before him have been like that.

The problem is he just isn't that good. His songs are lukewarm at best, and he's copying another rapper tit for tat. His sing song is biting Max B, and the energy is all 50 Cent. If I wanted 50 cent I'll listen to 50 Cent. If I wanna hear Biggie I'm not going to listen to Guerilla Black.

Now add radio stations shoving him down our throats like he's an industry plant and it just magnifies the problem.

Disagree. This climate isn't really the best for that "classic NY". He had a shot to be way bigger and closed himself off with that. Folks turned on him and I saw when it happened. It wasn't the music. There's way worse than him. Their personality got them over the hump.

He definitely had a shot. He lost it though because he had a lame mindstate and attitude.

Akademiks

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
honestly if troy ave wants to make it big .. he needs to sign to a MAJORRRR label that they can manage his style ... at least invest a lil more in coming up with a credible story for us to believe and actually training him on how to be BELIEVABLE and not corny.

We just not believing this nygga right now ... everything he does or say u gotta hit him wtith the :stopitslime:

Usually u believe NY rappers ... We believed cam ... even tho he was funny as shyt :mjlol: .. we believed lox .. we believed 50,jay, dmx but everythign this cat does is like :what::patrice:

Maybe he need to pay some goons to cosign his street cred ... need to pay some ppl to actl ike they died that he can get the credit for murking a few ppl .. or damn stop talking all that shyt when you dont even have a billboard hit.

hot 97 and power1051 have him so gassed from adding 1 song of his to their countdown and djs constantly dikkriding him in their donation back to the 'city' cuz when ppl get at them about not support hip hop music they be like 'i play troy ave tho' ..

blatantly corny. Funny thing is that i dont think no one thinks his music is all the way wack but for the image is is tryna portray he's the wrong nygga or to do it or he's doing it the wrong way.

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
New York City
When I lived in Flatbush I heard someone drive by my apartment bumping a song off of his NYC album :manny:

And OP, the person you saw bumping Beethoven, was it a old head or a young person?

Daps
Disagree. This climate isn't really the best for that "classic NY". He had a shot to be way bigger and closed himself off with that. Folks turned on him and I saw when it happened. It wasn't the music. There's way worse than him. Their personality got them over the hump.

He definitely had a shot. He lost it though because he had a lame mindstate and attitude.

The arrogance in demeanor is fine but it has to be believable.

He acts like he flipped packs on the regular. His demeanor tells you it isn't true.

He said he hasn't had an orthodox job in over 10 years, we find out he used to work at Chase 5 years ago.

He acts like he's the savior if NY when NY hasn't even gotten behind him.

He dropped a carbon copy tit for tat song like In Da Club but then he demands love and respect.

Every aspect about this man is fraudulent and a poser, even his "buzz" it's fraudulent.

People thought street music was dead. A rapper rose from the guts of a city with a crime epidemic and all he raps about is guns and murder. But it's believable, now he has birthed a movement whose influence stretches to the France rap scene.

So I don't think it's the arrogance, it's that he's a fraud. He added the arrogance to try to impose himself on the game. It'll work to get a few dollars in his pocket, but in the grand scheme he will never have a legitimate career

Daps
When I lived in Flatbush I heard someone drive by my apartment bumping a song off of his NYC album :manny:

And OP, the person you saw bumping Beethoven, was it a old head or a young person?

No idea. I was in Fort Greene and heard classical music out of a car driving by

It was really awkward.

BodeineBrazy

hehehehehehehehehe
Daps
Reppin
Philly, Norfside
So im walking back from the Deli at like 10PM. Im in Queens right off the Brooklyn border.

I hear a car bumping Troy Ave super loud. Im like what the fukk:dahell:

Cause I have never heard anybody bump Troy Ave anywhere. Not in his own hood Crown Heights, not anywhere in Brooklyn, much less Queens. I turn around and its a all black matte Jeep sumn like this:

52.jpg

I put two and two together and...

:ohhh:

:krs:
Troy_Ave_New_York_City-front-large.jpg

He said in an interview he moved to Queens so I peer to try to get a closer look. The jeep then came to the stopsign with another car adjacent at the same time. The cars headlights shone through the jeep. Its dark so all i see is a silhouette of a flattop:flabbynsick:

Gotta be that nikka, cause who else would be bumping that goofy ass music like they proud of it:mjlol:

LrNMJ9F.gif

he lives in ridgewood i believe. So that prolly was him...

BodeineBrazy

hehehehehehehehehe
Daps
Reppin
Philly, Norfside

I was in Ridgewood

DING! Yeah that was him.

He tried to fukk my homegirl years ago, she told me he was like (1st convo mind you) "yeah i got my own crib and money, come thru..." she claimed he aint fukk but lol... he prolly did... lmao but yeah thats how i know he lives out there.

Mikael Blowpiff

#LosIngobernabrehs
Daps
:whoa:That's not his official youtube page though.

After all his talk about how he's buzzing, I checked his youtube and he hasn't even come close to a million views.

ogci81.jpg

:flabbynsick:#'s. His highest view count is Your Style at 335,000 and he only has 7,000 subscribers :mjlol:. The same weirdo rappers he loves to shyt on are getting views.

Chance the Rapper: six vids over a million, 5.3 mil high, 171,000 subscribers
Flatbush Zombies: six vids over a million, 5.1 mil high, 183,000 subscribers
Joey Badass: 8 vids over a million, 5.9 mil high, 183,000 subscribers
Vic Mensa: uploaded his first and only Vevo clip 3 months ago, 2.2 million views, 12,000 subscribers, has a 1 mil high, 30,000 subscribers on his other youtube

Troy has no buzz. The wierdos have already been touring the world heavy for the last year. They have a fanbase. Street music is not the way to go in 2014. Only a handful of artists are eating and most of them have mainstream success. The underground/backpack/weirdo lane has a broader market. How you gonna win copying 50 when his album just flopped:russ:? What's Avon Blocksdale, King Sevin, and Young Lito gonna do at the mainstream level when their star can't shine on his own:sas1:?
can't even buy fake views like st laz lol