The NBA should adopt the NFL playoff system imo

Soldier

not redeemed with gold but with His Blood
Daps
The 1st seeds of each conference in the NBA get a automatic bye to the 2nd round just like the 1st seeds of each conference in the NFL get automatic byes to the divisional round

The 8th seeded teams in both conferences don’t make the playoffs

It will give meaning and purpose to the regular season. Teams will challenge and play harder

Wildcard round/1st round (best of 5)

#2 vs #7
#3 vs #6
#4 vs #5

2nd round (best of 7) (bracket reseeded, the highest seed remaining vs the lowest seed remaining, then the second highest seed vs the second lowest seed)

Example:

#1 vs #4
#2 vs #3

Or

#1 vs #7
#3 vs #4

Eliminate the play-in games completely. Or create only one play-in/wildcard game between the 7th seed and the 8th seed for the 7th seed in each conference. 9th and 10th seeded teams miss the playoffs just like the old days.

Last edited:

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Been said the shoulda done the old NFL, 1-6, system. That def aint happenin in the "content is king" era. Simce you aint cutting games, the play in at least adds intrigue and a reason for teams to strive for the top 6 at least, and gives more teams something to play for longer.

Soldier

not redeemed with gold but with His Blood
Daps
Been said the shoulda done the old NFL, 1-6, system. That def aint happenin in the "content is king" era. Simce you aint cutting games, the play in at least adds intrigue and a reason for teams to strive for the top 6 at least, and gives more teams something to play for longer.
9th seeds and 10th seeds in the playoffs :scust:

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
https://media.tenor.com/B3Fz90wZAlwAAAAe/fukkno-wakaflocka.png

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
nikkas generally come in threads like these with the choppa loaded ready to hate. But I think for myself, and I actually agree with this idea. I generally don’t like too many changes but this would actually enhance shyt and would get rid of some of the shyt I didn’t like added, like the play in game

Daps
Reppin
Denver
Lowering the number of teams that make the playoffs wont make teams play harder. It just increases the number of teams that accept theyre out of it and decide to tank the rest if the season.

Right now, theres really only 6 teams that have no hope of making the playoffs. With your idea, there would be more like 12.

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The only thing I agree with is the highest seed always playing the lowest seed, regardless of round. They do this in literally every other major league.