satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Link to "The Flash" Season 1 discussion thread: http://www.thecoli.com/threads/the-flash-season-1-discussion-thread.225910/

10270732_604357076330025_1067127420256341726_n.jpg

:yeshrug:The month of May hasn't even ended yet & we're already hearing various news, tidbits, & rumors for the upcoming seasons of these 2 shows. So I though I'd go ahead and get a head start & create an official thread to discuss them.

Last edited:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Arrow Season 3 Burning Questions Answered: The Next Big Bad, a New Canary and More

By Matt Webb Mitovich / May 20 2014, 1:06 PM PDT

arrow_laurel_new_canary.jpg

A different sort of Big Bad, a Shamelessly Bad Dad and a possibly new Canary are among the twists The CW’s Arrow has on tap for Season 3.

Just hours after the comic-book series unleashed its “Unthinkable” sophomore finale, TVLine invited cast members to field some burning questions. Here is (some of) what they shared.

WHO WILL FOLLOW IN SLADE WILSON’S BOOTSTEPS? | Arrow lead Stephen Amell knows — but declined to identify – who the Big Bad for Season 3 will be, though he did allow this much about Oliver’s next adversary: Whereas Slade was “omnipresent,” “I don’t think that will necessarily be the case in Season 3,” he offered. “It’s going to be a little bit different than in Season 2.”

WHAT IS MALCOLM’S PLAN FOR THEA? | Already miffed with her brother Oliver and freshly betrayed by boyfriend Roy’s crimefighting secrets, Thea was last seen fleeing town in her newly discovered dad’s limo. John Barrowman — who has been promoted to a series regular for Season 3 — suspects that Malcolm Merlyn will “groom” his little girl for a greater and assuredly nefarious purpose, so that she may do right (meaning wrong) by those who dissed her. “He’s got to train her to be a powerhouse, to be a tough bytch,” Barrowman theorizes. “She’s tough now, but she’s got to be tougher.” (The actor’s other big wish for Season 3: less claustrophobic Dark Archer duds. “I’ve already said to [exec producer] Andrew Kreisberg, ‘I want an ouftit like Stephen [Amell]‘s, but in black.’”)

IS LAUREL OFFICIALLY ON TRACK TO TAKE OVER AS CANARY? | Especially with little sis Sara rejoining Nyssa and the League of Assassins, and after that significant gifting of a leather jacket? “What do you think?” Katie Cassidy responds with a big smile, adding: “I do think the torch has been passed. I get that feeling, and I think everybody else gets that feeling.” Perhaps just to be prepared, the actress — who just weeks ago was quite evasive on the topic — affirms that she already is amping up her workout regimen. Brandishing an impressive bare bicep for us, she boasted, “Check this out! Hel-lo!”

‘Arrow’ Season 3 Spoilers — Laurel as Canary, Malcolm Merlyn Trains Thea and More | TVLine

Arrow: Oliver and Felicity related scoop on season 3 from TVGuide's Natalie Abrams

Here's some scoop on Arrow from TVGuide's Natalie Abrams' Mega Buzz column, which was posted on 5/20/14.
Does Oliver really have feelings for Felicity on Arrow? — Kat Stephen Amell seems to think so! Even though Oliver's admission of love for his galpal was just a ruse in the moment, Amell says those words "came from an honest place." Unfortunately, Oliver will have more pressing matters to deal with next season. "One of the themes of Season 3 is rebuilding," executive producer Marc Guggnehim tells me. "Getting Queen Consolidated back is a piece of it."

Mega Buzz: Orange's Big Fight, Diaries' Finale Fallout, and an SVU Exit - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

Arrow: Malcolm and Thea related scoop on season 3 from E! Online's Kristin Dos Santos

Here's some scoop on Arrow from Kristin Dos Santos' Spoiler Chat column, which was posted on 5/21/14.

Cody: I am so happy to hear John Barrowman will be a series regular when Arrow comes back! What can we expect to see?
A whole lot of father-daughter bonding (or fighting!) between Malcolm and Thea! "I can't wait to have some training sequences between father and daughter," John Barrowman tells us. "Let's see what will happen when he's teaching her to be a tough cookie. She's already tough, but he's going to hone all that in and make her a tough bytch. That's what he's got to make her." Ugh, is it October yet?!

Spoiler Chat: Scoop on Teen Wolf, Sons of Anarchy, Revenge, Arrow and More! | E! Online

Last edited:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Arrow

By Matt Webb Mitovich / May 27 2014, 2:43 PM PDT

Do you have any scoop on Arrow and Amanda Waller? That last scene of the season finale got us really curious, and Season 3 is too far away. –Ana
I asked Stephen Amell how this new stretch of apparently Waller-centric flashbacks will inform the coming season, and the way he put it is this: “Oliver lost a lot of his humanity in those five years [away from Starling City], so as we see that continue to happen it in the flashbacks, we will see how much of his humanity he wants to get back in the present.”

Matt’s Inside Line: Scoop on Once, NCIS, Defiance, Falling Skies, Rizzoli, 24, Covert, Graceland and More! | TVLine

The Flash Scoop: John Wesley Shipp's Top-Secret Role Revealed
By Vlada Gelman / May 27 2014, 3:00 PM PDT

john-wesley-shipp-the-flash.jpg

The Flash is unmasking John Wesley Shipp‘s character.

Shipp, who was cast in a mystery role in the CW pilot in February, will play Barry Allen’s dad, Henry, on the upcoming series, TVLine has learned.

The actor portrayed Barry Allen/The Flash in CBS’ short-lived ’90s version ofThe Flash.

“Given his history with The Flash, [executive producers] Andrew [Kreisberg], Geoff [Johns] and I could only think of one person we wanted to play Barry’s father and that was John Wesley Shipp,” said EP Greg Berlanti in a statement. “He gives a fantastic and emotional performance in the pilot and we are looking forward to his presence in many more episodes. Also, personally, it was just wonderful to work with him again since my days at Dawson’s Creek. He’s a great actor and a great guy.”

The CW’s Flash — airing Tuesdays at 8/7c this fall — stars Grant Gustin as the titular crimefighter. The ensemble also includes Candice Patton (as Barry Allen’s best friend Iris West), Jesse L. Martin (as Barry’s father figure — and Iris’ dad — Central City Detective West), Carlos Valdes (as engineering genius Cisco Roman), Danielle Panabaker (as bioengineering expert Caitlin Snow), Rick Cosnett (as Detective Eddie Thawne) and Tom Cavanagh (as S.T.A.R. Labs scientist Harrison Wells).

‘The Flash’ Cast — John Wesley Shipp As Barry Allen’s Father | TVLine

The Flash: Scoop on the series premiere from TVGuide's Natalie Abrams

250px-The_Flash_%282014_TV_series%29_logo.jpg

Here's some scoop on The Flash from TVGuide's Natalie Abrams' Mega Buzz column, which was posted on 5/27/14.

You're so lucky that you got to watch The Flash! Can you please spill! — Donna
Ever since "The Scientist," where Barry talked about a blur, not his father, being the real culprit behind his mother's death, savvy comic book fans have suspected that the Reverse Flash would play a role in the spin-off. Those fans won't be disappointed, but the final moments of the series premiere will also hint at other nefarious forces at work in Central City. Oh, and the very first crossover will not disappoint.

Mega Buzz: Game of Thrones' Power Change, Rizzoli's Goodbye and Orange Sexytime - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

Last edited:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Thea's heel turn makes no goddamn sense.

I didn't like her attitude for most of the season but the heel turn isn't out of nowhere. She found out everyone she trusted the most were lying to her, keeping crazy secrets and keeping her in the dark. In the end she chose brutal honesty over the polite liars that surrounded her. IMO, good choice and it makes sense. Saves her from the scrap heap and now she'll be putting in work next season. :obama:

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
I didn't like her attitude for most of the season but the heel turn isn't out of nowhere. She found out everyone she trusted the most were lying to her, keeping crazy secrets and keeping her in the dark. In the end she chose brutal honesty over the polite liars that surrounded her. IMO, good choice and it makes sense. Saves her from the scrap heap and now she'll be putting in work next season. :obama:
She didn't talk to her mother, who was in prison, because of her part in the undertaking, then decides to roll with the dude whose idea it was in the first place :what:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
why a combo thread tho??

Because "The Flash" is a spin-off series of "Arrow", these 2 shows take place in same fictional universe, & are gonna have multiple crossovers with each other. Shows like these often grouped together (i.e. "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" & "Angel", "The Vampire Diaries" & "The Originals", "Once Upon a Time" & "Once Upon a Time in Wonderland", & etc.)