Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
I think Swift, Thurman, and Porter all give Canelo problems.:jbhmm:

Swift/Thurman winner vs Canelo would be a good ass fight. :manny:

It's better than seeing that scary ass ginger play Fight Night UK Career mode :mjlol:

I think all 3 of em lose via KO...but Thurman puts up the best fight due to his movement and ability to fight off the back foot.

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
pac3366.jpg

By Chris Williams: Top Rank promoter Bob Arum said today that if his fighter Manny Pacquiao looks good against WBO welterweight champion Jessie Vargas on November 5, they might look at middleweight champion Gennady “GGG” Golovkin for Manny to fight.

Arum had to be kidding, but it’s hard to know for sure. Putting Pacquiao in with Golovkin would be one sure fire way to bring the Filipino fighter’s pay-per-view numbers back up to over 1 million buys where they used to be at.

Arum said this about Pacquiao vs. Golovkin in today’s teleconference call as quoted by Dan Rafael:

“Manny may look so good in this fight (vs Vargas) we may look for Golovkin next!”

Arum mentions Pacquiao vs. Golovkin as possibility - Boxing News

Now I know Arum is just talking shyt and this would be the stupidest move on Pac part, but hypothetically speaking.. If Pac beat ggg then retired off that win would that make him the GOAT??

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
I think all 3 of em lose via KO...but Thurman puts up the best fight due to his movement and ability to fight off the back foot.
I don't like the fight for any of them. Canelo is too big and strong and he has great counter power, all three can be caught with counters.

In all honesty the fight that would interest me the most would be Spence vs. Canelo...but I understand we need to see Spence fight at a higher level before we officially proclaim him king at 147...but I would pick Spence vs. Garcia, Thurman, and Porter in your predictions thread if they fought today. :manny:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Canelo gives Danny Garcia his first KO loss if that ever happened:manny:

If Danny takes Keiths power well...No reason to believe Canelo KOs him

Canelos power isn't some :gladbron: shyt...he couldn't hurt Cotto who was :flabbynsick: dropped by midget :deadmanny: N I'd argue Floyd hurt Cotto more in Rd 12 then Canelo ever did yrs later

Took :Purge1: half as many RDS to hurt Khan then Canelo who weighed as a light heavy that night :mjlol:

N let's not get shyt twisted Swift wouldnt be fighting @ 147 straight to 155 like them UK fools

150 - Sam Egg N Cheese
152 - Diego Chaves
154 - Silky Wilky

Then 155 Canelo lets go :Smugswift:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
pac3366.jpg

By Chris Williams: Top Rank promoter Bob Arum said today that if his fighter Manny Pacquiao looks good against WBO welterweight champion Jessie Vargas on November 5, they might look at middleweight champion Gennady “GGG” Golovkin for Manny to fight.

Arum had to be kidding, but it’s hard to know for sure. Putting Pacquiao in with Golovkin would be one sure fire way to bring the Filipino fighter’s pay-per-view numbers back up to over 1 million buys where they used to be at.

Arum said this about Pacquiao vs. Golovkin in today’s teleconference call as quoted by Dan Rafael:

“Manny may look so good in this fight (vs Vargas) we may look for Golovkin next!”

Now I know Arum is just talking shyt and this would be the stupidest move on Pac part, but hypothetically speaking.. If Pac beat ggg then retired off that win would that make him the GOAT??

if pac did this....he would make a lot of fighters look bad for doing it as unlike kell he is past his prime

if by some weird chance this fight does happen, pac is getting ko'ed for sure

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s

Canelos power isn't some :gladbron: shyt...he couldn't hurt Cotto who was :flabbynsick: dropped by midget :deadmanny: N I'd argue Floyd hurt Cotto more in Rd 12 then Canelo ever did yrs later

Took :Purge1: half as many RDS to hurt Khan then Canelo who weighed as a light heavy that night :mjlol:

N let's not get shyt twisted Swift wouldnt be fighting @ 147 straight to 155 like them UK fools

150 - Sam Egg N Cheese
152 - Diego Chaves
154 - Silky Wilky

Yo this nikkas is dumb man :pachaha:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
pac3366.jpg

No, because he lost to Floyd too easy:manny:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
I don't like the fight for any of them. Canelo is too big and strong and he has great counter power, all three can be caught with counters.

In all honesty the fight that would interest me the most would be Spence vs. Canelo...but I understand we need to see Spence fight at a higher level before we officially proclaim him king at 147...but I would pick Spence vs. Garcia, Thurman, and Porter in your predictions thread if they fought today. :manny:

I agree 100% with your post.

I eventually think THEE matchup to make is gonna be Spence vs Lubin at 154.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps

150 - Sam Egg N Cheese
152 - Diego Chaves
154 - Silky Wilky

I mean, I feel you breh...and Swift's left hook > any power punch from Canelo. I just think Canelo's sneaky hand speed, upper body reflexes, the fact he throws in combination and throws MEAN body shots and uppercuts in them (which is how he varies his shots), pure size/strength, and good power will overwhelm the smaller Swift thru accumulation of punishment....which will lead to the ko :yeshrug:

Thurman is nowhere near the sheer size of Canelo who enters at 5'9 175+ on fight night...plus Canelo got the judges too:mjpls:

I just can't see Canelo losing to Swift, Thurman, or Porter on a HBO PPV at that with the crowd behind him

Newzz

Supporter
Daps

Promoter Lou DiBella told ESPN on Monday that he spoke to HBO Sports exexcutive vice president Peter Nelson and he approved contender Felix Diaz as an opponent for unified junior welterweight world champion Terence Crawford, who is ticketed to defend his belts on Dec. 10 in his hometown of Omaha, Nebraska. "I spoke to Peter and HBO has approved the fight. It's a great fight for the fans and we'd love to make it," DiBella said. "If Top Rank wants to the make the fight and Terence wants the challenge I am a phone call away." Other opponents believed to be in the mix to face Crawford are mandatory challenger Antonio Orozco and Russian world titleholder Eduard Troyanovsky for a unification fight.

Felix Diaz Jr approved as an opponent by HBO...Arum sees no problem with the fight...Diaz/DiBella willing to concede to everything....what's the problem? :jbhmm:

Last edited:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
LOL at easy.. floyd barely left a scratch on pac and every round except for maybe 2 were very competitive

Beating ggg at 160 trumps getting outpointed in high level sparring match imo

There's no way that Pacquiao can surpass Floyd bc he lost to him...Floyd is the GOAT of this era, regardless if Pacquiao beat GGG or not.

Floyd's resume is phenomenal:manny:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale

150 - Sam Egg N Cheese
152 - Diego Chaves
154 - Silky Wilky

Pretty much.

nikkas think Canelo got Golovkin power. :mjlol:

I don't see Canelo KO'ing any top elite welter unless it's on some perfect punch type shyt outta nowhere.

Smith was the only guy Canelo has shown that extra finishing gear and that dude is FNF level at best. Couldn't do it to Cotto who was basically begging to be stopped. Meanwhile Floyd and Trout were bytch slapping Miguel late in the fight.

He'd be the favorite no doubt and would prolly win on the cards. :manny:

He'd prolly KO Porter and MD/SD Swift and Thurman.